DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 am

Scsigs wrote:
Kaboom wrote:Well, let's not jump the gun... As far as I've seen, nobody from TFS has said outright, "it's decided, no Boo arc, sorry." It's just seems to have become a bit of an uncertainty, thanks to time constraints from their expansion into other professional projects, and of course the constant needless bullshit from Toei.

I'm sure they still want and plan to keep going through the Majin Boo arc if at all possible, but time will tell if and how they manage to do so. No point in becoming defeatist about it.
Maybe Kaiser could expand upon the idea here, since you can't really tweet all you wanna say at once if it's a long thought. I mean, they've been pumping out episodes, movies, & specials once a month or so ever since season 3 started back in 2012. 5 years straight of the writing, voice acting, & editing alone would take a toll on ANYONE, especially the editor, since he has to fix problems with the footage on top of editing the lips. Maybe let Masako handle one every few episodes, since he's edited some episodes of Yugioh Abridged for LK that turned out pretty well, or maybe someone else, or maybe switch the schedule from one a month to one every 2 or 3 months, like what Little Kuriboh has been doing for his series. Takes the stress off a bit & allows them to focus on other projects, especially since the workload will probably be 40 episodes & the other 5 movies.
In any case, I hope the series isn't cancelled. This is their baby & what's made them well known, so I'd hate for the rest of the series' potential to be wasted, but I'd understand if it did.
You know, that'd be perfect. I know TFS has things Planned out for the Buu Saga since they got Justin Briner as Teen Gohan.

It would be great if the Buu saga was renamed, "Dragon Ball Z Abridged: The Final Chapters", like how Kai did for their Buu saga retelling.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 am

EnergizerConvoy wrote:You know, that'd be perfect. I know TFS has things Planned out for the Buu Saga since they got Justin Briner as Teen Gohan.

It would be great if the Buu saga was renamed, "Dragon Ball Z Abridged: The Final Chapters", like how Kai did for their Buu saga retelling.
Yeah, just go into it with the mindset of, "this is the end of the series, the last arc. Let's have fun, but also signal that it's gonna end after this one." Then take it at a good pace. Part of why I feel for Kaiser & the team is as I said; 5 years of nonstop writing, editing, & voice acting for the series would get to anyone. Having several people edit the things together would take a tremendous amount of pressure off.

Either that, or, & I just tweeted this thought to Kaiser, maybe they could do like 4 movies/specials out of the arc. First the Gohan in high school stuff up to the tournament & maybe the Otherworld Tournament filler, then the fat buu stuff up to Vegeta's sacrifice, then the Super Buu & part of the fusion stuff, then the rest to the end of Z. I mean, that'd probably be better than him constantly killing himself over editing the stuff, but then having it taken down by Toei. Maybe a year or so of lag time in between would also help, since they DO need to work on other things. Having a small group of editors edit various parts of the things after they'd be planned out & recorded, then assembling them all afterwards would probably be the best way to go about it. It certainly helped with building anticipation for Kai: The Final Chapters. I mean, that's how Toei's been doing the Digimon Tri films & many other companies are planning out series' of films way in advance that have continuing storylines, so it's not that new.

The abridged versions of the movies would be separate if they decide to do them, since they'd be fun to see made fun of. Someone get Kaiser's attention & float this idea passed him!
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 am

EnergizerConvoy wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Kaboom wrote:Well, let's not jump the gun... As far as I've seen, nobody from TFS has said outright, "it's decided, no Boo arc, sorry." It's just seems to have become a bit of an uncertainty, thanks to time constraints from their expansion into other professional projects, and of course the constant needless bullshit from Toei.

I'm sure they still want and plan to keep going through the Majin Boo arc if at all possible, but time will tell if and how they manage to do so. No point in becoming defeatist about it.
Maybe Kaiser could expand upon the idea here, since you can't really tweet all you wanna say at once if it's a long thought. I mean, they've been pumping out episodes, movies, & specials once a month or so ever since season 3 started back in 2012. 5 years straight of the writing, voice acting, & editing alone would take a toll on ANYONE, especially the editor, since he has to fix problems with the footage on top of editing the lips. Maybe let Masako handle one every few episodes, since he's edited some episodes of Yugioh Abridged for LK that turned out pretty well, or maybe someone else, or maybe switch the schedule from one a month to one every 2 or 3 months, like what Little Kuriboh has been doing for his series. Takes the stress off a bit & allows them to focus on other projects, especially since the workload will probably be 40 episodes & the other 5 movies.
In any case, I hope the series isn't cancelled. This is their baby & what's made them well known, so I'd hate for the rest of the series' potential to be wasted, but I'd understand if it did.
You know, that'd be perfect. I know TFS has things Planned out for the Buu Saga since they got Justin Briner as Teen Gohan.

Yeah, that would be good for everyone to take a break from DBZA after this. If they come back to do the Buu saga (and the rest of the movies), cool! If not, then it has been a great run.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Yeah, that would be good for everyone to take a break from DBZA after this. If they come back to do the Buu saga (and the rest of the movies), cool! If not, then it has been a great run.
I mean, if they just took a hiatus. Work on other projects, work on the gaming stuff, not think too much about DBZA, go on a vacation for some of them, or whatever, to recharge their batteries, I think they'd be in a better state than Texas-I mean, than what they are right now. I mean, if they're serious about considering the end of the series now, it really must be taking a toll on them. Just a hiatus would be understandable. I mean, it'd be really sad if Little Kuriboh's the only person who made abridging a thing to actually finish his abridged series with the end of the canon series, which won't probably end for several more years at the pace he's going, but that's fine for him. TFS is a team with a lot of connections & they're incredibly smart & creative people.
If they're feeling the effects of burnout, it's understandable. A hiatus would be understandable. Movie versions of the parts of the next arc would be understandable. Multiple editors would be understandable. I just don't wanna see such a great parody series not go anywhere after 10 years of work & they're not even completely done with it.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:30 am

I absolutely adore DBZA and eagerly await the season 3 finale. If TFS feel like they don't have time or energy to do the Buu saga, then I'm grateful for everything they've done really.

They've mentioned before that they'd like to go back and improve their work on Season 1, which understandably wasn't of the same standard as what came after. To be honest I think, if we're going to get anything, that would make much more sense than embarking on a whole new era of DBZ, as it would make the content that already exists a more complete consistent package.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Chuquita wrote:Oh! I missed that part - https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/9 ... 3590768641 thank you for pointing it out. I'll hold onto my hopes for TFS Majin Vegeta then, but I'll keep them at a medium in case Cell is the end afterall.
Yeah, you really shouldn't have freaked us out like that man lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Oh! I missed that part - https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/9 ... 3590768641 thank you for pointing it out. I'll hold onto my hopes for TFS Majin Vegeta then, but I'll keep them at a medium in case Cell is the end afterall.
Yeah, you really shouldn't have freaked us out like that man lol
My apologies! I only saw the first two of Kaiser's three part tweet. I'm so relieved I misread. I really hope they're able to do the Majin Buu arc. I don't mind waiting. I've got plenty of patience for waiting for DBZA episodes.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

zDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by zDBZ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:45 pm

I very much hope that they'll be able to go on to Buu, but if they can't, the series has still been wonderful. I suppose my only question for Kaiser would be - have circumstances changed materially in the very recent past, or is the situation still as hbi2k described on Reddit a few months back?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm

zDBZ wrote:I very much hope that they'll be able to go on to Buu, but if they can't, the series has still been wonderful. I suppose my only question for Kaiser would be - have circumstances changed materially in the very recent past, or is the situation still as hbi2k described on Reddit a few months back?
What did hbi2k say a few months back on Reddit?

zDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by zDBZ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Scsigs wrote:
zDBZ wrote:I very much hope that they'll be able to go on to Buu, but if they can't, the series has still been wonderful. I suppose my only question for Kaiser would be - have circumstances changed materially in the very recent past, or is the situation still as hbi2k described on Reddit a few months back?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWS70rtU8AIqBul.jpg

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:29 pm

zDBZ wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWS70rtU8AIqBul.jpg
Geez, that's heavy. I mean, I totally get what he's saying. Going by what he says, my suggestion of doing the last arc as several movies & releasing them every 6 months or so, in addition to the other 5 90s Z movies, would probably be best for them, since they can get a lot of content covered at once, take care of copyright claims faster, & other things. I don't think they're worried about getting sued for doing what they're doing, since the copyright claims don't stick & everyone but Toei are fine with them doing it, plus they keep within their bounds of what they can do legally for merch & shit. I mean, the audience they've built up will stick with them as long as the content's of the quality we've come to expect from them. Look at Little Kuriboh. He releases a Yugioh Abridged episode every 2 months & most everybody sticks around. Of course, he also supplements the gaps with other content, like his episode reactions to Yugioh GX & that card game stuff he started doing in December & I think let's plays in-character. TFS already DOES do that kind of stuff on the other channels, especially since they started a few new channels in the last year alone to help supplement their monetary situation, as well as their own personal channels. Hell, Masako X has been cranking out the reviews & theories like crazy since last year. Their Patreon also helped with that, I bet.

Part of the frustration probably comes from the fact that YouTube seems to be the only place for them to post episodes, since Vidme went belly-up & Fullscreen killed their video storage & upload system, so there doesn't seem to be an alternate means to get their videos up (unless they maybe go with a service like Vimeo or something), so I understand that. Before the last 2 years, they were pretty well set with alternate means of having the episodes up on other places than YouTube, but there just doesn't seem to be the right platform at present, which is a shame. I mean, they're clearly analyzing their options & I bet a place like Vimeo would readily accept them. SF Debris went to them after Vidme shut down & he seems to be happy with what he's doing, as did the people at Channel Awesome who run the Nostalgia Critic uploading. Then again, they may have acknowledged that somewhere & I just haven't seen it.

In any case, the stress is understandable since Toei hates them (enough to get them; Kaiser, Lani, Masako, & Taka, greylisted from working at FUNi for a while, I may add, after the stunt with Kai: TFC last year), so they want their series gone from the internet, but can't legally do anything at present. I just hope that they really evaluate all their options & maybe take suggestions like mine, since they really should see the show to completion & not have it prematurely end because of bullshit.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Wow I can't believe episode 60 could be the series finale. :o

I'm honestly amazed that it's been like 10 years since they've started!

That myspace joke with Piccolo has always stayed with me.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am

It really is a shame that there aren't any video services out there competing with YouTube on an even level. If there were competition, maybe it would make things easier for everyone who wants to share homemade video content online.

I guess TFS posting new episodes of DBZA to Twitch isn't an option? YouTube's just too big of an audience by comparison?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:30 am

Chuquita wrote:It really is a shame that there aren't any video services out there competing with YouTube on an even level. If there were competition, maybe it would make things easier for everyone who wants to share homemade video content online.

I guess TFS posting new episodes of DBZA to Twitch isn't an option? YouTube's just too big of an audience by comparison?
I mean, maybe they could, but they'd probably have to talk to Twitch's support staff before doing so to see how viable that would be.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:08 am

My advice to them and everyone else who makes a living of Youtube is to get a normal job and have YouTube as a side thing simply because it's become too unstable to rely on for a main source of income. All it takes now is one mistake from one person to ruin everything for millions of people.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:59 pm

I hope they do the Buu Saga. It's my favorite saga of the franchise and even if it takes 10 years to complete, I wouldn't complain.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Asura wrote:I hope they do the Buu Saga. It's my favorite saga of the franchise and even if it takes 10 years to complete, I wouldn't complain.
Me too, not only the Boo arc but the full Z content (movies and etc.)
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Seeing as the Buu saga is already self parody to a degree. And it'd take 9000 years to reach super which is Also more comedic in the first place as well....

I'd be fine with just Cell and maybe Bojack (last hurrah with the same current cast) and then calling it a day tbh.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 pm

TobyS wrote:Seeing as the Buu saga is already self parody to a degree. And it'd take 9000 years to reach super which is Also more comedic in the first place as well....

I'd be fine with just Cell and maybe Bojack (last hurrah with the same current cast) and then calling it a day tbh.
Actually, I wouldn't say the Buu Saga's a self parody, it just harkens back to when DB didn't take itself too seriously & Toriyama tried to insert more overt comedy on top of the more serious aspects, which I don't think worked as well as he wanted since by that time, DB had become very serious to the point that some fans hate that arc for trying to be overly comedic. Hell, that's one of the major reasons I hate episode 14 of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. The more overt comedy of Carranger doesn't mesh that well with Gokaiger's more serious tone & it creates serious mood whiplash as a result, similar to Power Rangers Turbo, of which Carranger was the source material for. Japanese comedy also creates serious mood whiplash, especially in a Shonen series, mostly in that it's very in-your-face rather than being more subtle. But, yeah, that's partly why the Buu Saga creates a more broken base in this fandom.
However, what TFS could do is run with the more comedic elements & make fun of the stupidity within the series like they've been doing, only on a more direct level. Hell, that's what Little Kuriboh's been doing since season 4 of Yugioh Abridged started & I find that incredibly hilarious. Ever since season 3 of his show, he's been taking cues from TFS for the writing of his show, he even said so recently on Twitter, so them taking a more Yugioh Abridged direction with the arc would be pretty good to do, since I don't see many other ways they can make it work otherwise. By the way, they said that they most likely won't do Super outside of the shorts they've released on Facebook, so I don't think we'd get them doing that series.
But, I do agree with you on the front that if it has to end, making the end of the Cell Saga good & maybe doing Bojack would be pretty good to do, but I think my suggestions would work really well if Kaiser ever reads them.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Asura wrote:I hope they do the Buu Saga. It's my favorite saga of the franchise and even if it takes 10 years to complete, I wouldn't complain.
Ditto on all counts here. The Majin Boo arc is my favorite, and the grand finale of DBZA that I've been looking forward to for all these years. I wouldn't care how long it takes or what outlets TFS uses to release it, as long as it still happens in the end.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!