DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:11 pm

So uh...does this mean Cell's lost?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Fionordequester wrote:So uh...does this mean Cell's lost?
He will just keep regenerating until the attack wears off. But who wins or loses isn't the point.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:28 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Why do I get the feeling either Broly is gonna yell that someone took his Princess Trunks away from him (As Kid Trunks looks like him), or he's gonna become a pedophile for Kid Trunks.....hopefully not the latter.

Also upon rewatch....it's kinda sad how the Dragon Ball focused channel can write Sonic and Knuckles better than official material lately...in a joke video where embellishing is a thing.
Are we counting Sonic Boom the TV Show? Cause it has the same humor as TFS did in this video as of Season 2, dumb Knuckles aside as likable as he is with Travis voicing him.
Nah that dumbshit is unlikable and unbearable. Edward is more dignity sounding and not as stupid surfer sounding either. Humour is reminiscent what with meme spouting and stuff like that, though there was more to it than the usual 5 jokes constantly repeated over and over and over again. It also lacks the glorification side too. It also lacks the self deprecation style too which is why it's not the same.
Fionordequester wrote:So uh...does this mean Cell's lost?
Nah he'll win as soon as he lays a hand on him. Til then he will go poof a bunch of times....I love Remix Kenshiro...love it and loved this one. Possibly my favourite of the bunch so far.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:50 pm

The funniest thing about Cell Vs Kenshiro is the big amount of people who have no idea who Kenshiro is.
Probably my favourite after the one with Yami Yugi. That one was just perfect. No pun intended.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:44 pm

On my tenth watch. I'm envisioning Cell constantly blowing up, as Kenshiro gathers as many bug-man limbs as possible, before leaving to feast.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Oh my freakin' god. :lol:

As much as I loved the Yusuke/Kuwabara one, this Kenshiro one has far surpassed it, and may well be one of my favorite things you guys have ever done, Kaiser. I'm a fledgling Fist of the North Star fan myself, having bought the whole series but only watched like the first 30 or so episodes so far, but I'm far enough in to know what a great show it is, and...this...this is perfection.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:23 am

That was great.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:06 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Why do I get the feeling either Broly is gonna yell that someone took his Princess Trunks away from him (As Kid Trunks looks like him), or he's gonna become a pedophile for Kid Trunks.....hopefully not the latter.

Also upon rewatch....it's kinda sad how the Dragon Ball focused channel can write Sonic and Knuckles better than official material lately...in a joke video where embellishing is a thing.
Are we counting Sonic Boom the TV Show? Cause it has the same humor as TFS did in this video as of Season 2, dumb Knuckles aside as likable as he is with Travis voicing him.
Nah that dumbshit is unlikable and unbearable. Edward is more dignity sounding and not as stupid surfer sounding either. Humour is reminiscent what with meme spouting and stuff like that, though there was more to it than the usual 5 jokes constantly repeated over and over and over again. It also lacks the glorification side too. It also lacks the self deprecation style too which is why it's not the same.
Did we watch the same Sonic Boom? I mean the show is basically full of references to SEGA's mis-steps and failures with the Sonic Franchise. Knuckles flying as a reference to Sonic Boom's Knuckles Glitch. A character parodying Sonic fans who complained about Sonic's changing style. So many shipping jokes and humor made for fans of the old days as well as making fun of those fans and the people who take Sonic a little TOO far. I felt the TFS video had the same humor at moments with Knuckles pointing out how worthless gliding is and quoting "I don't chuckle". And personally Faulerro still remains my favorite Knuckles voice.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:24 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote: Are we counting Sonic Boom the TV Show? Cause it has the same humor as TFS did in this video as of Season 2, dumb Knuckles aside as likable as he is with Travis voicing him.
Did we watch the same Sonic Boom? I mean the show is basically full of references to SEGA's mis-steps and failures with the Sonic Franchise. Knuckles flying as a reference to Sonic Boom's Knuckles Glitch. A character parodying Sonic fans who complained about Sonic's changing style. So many shipping jokes and humor made for fans of the old days as well as making fun of those fans and the people who take Sonic a little TOO far. I felt the TFS video had the same humor at moments with Knuckles pointing out how worthless gliding is and quoting "I don't chuckle". And personally Faulerro still remains my favorite Knuckles voice.
[spoiler]That's what is called "Self deprecation humour". It's practically the same thing I've seen in Teen Titans Go! from time to time. It's the type of humor used to clown around so no one else will make that joke. Which is what a lot of their social media was for a long time. Joking about their own misfortune so they beat everyone else to the punch. If you make the joke first, it's redundant for someone else to make fun of you in the same way. It'd be closer to Sonic Boom if Cell was a dipshit villain like 95% of Sonic Boom villains, Sonic didn't give a shit about practically everything, and Knuckles was portrayed as retarded. None of that was in the TFS video. Sonic is completely motivated and hyperactive. Knuckles is not portrayed as a dumb ass, or he'd not even get that Cell insulted him. He'd say something stupid. The glide joke didn't even make that much sense as the glide has always been good, unless it's a joke about how they don't allow him to use it anymore so it got shitty.

I said they write better than current material (Outside the comics of late which do better than that, like Mega Drive). I never said they were perfect. They're not. I can point out the flaws in how they were written, but this is a parody video. The point is even in a parody video where it's expected they'd not match official portrayals, it's still more accurate than the pontaf era written garbage of late. That's what's really sad and pathetic. It lacks the cynicism and emotional void that is that cartoon series, where jokes go to die. Whether or not you think the jokes are similar is not really the big picture I'm looking at. I am looking at character portrayal. Which is still better here. With the big difference being this IS a parody so it makes sense if they act strange. That show is NOT a parody, and yet the characters are literal parodies of themselves. As well as pretty much carbon copies of the mainstream series which makes the direction kind of redundant, unless 2017 plans to separate the two tones.

Eh I think Faullero is awful in the role. Not at all fitting to the kind of character Knuckles is. Not only is Edward better, but so are quite a few others who do the role. Hell Kaggy does a much better job.[/spoiler]

Though that was last week and I don't want to keep this about that, when we've moved onto Kenshiro this week. Not to mention people will get sick of this argument from a week old video.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Well, as someone who binge watched a fair few Sonic Boom episodes...eh. It's not perfect or anything, and the jokes can get repetitive at times...but it's still the best thing that's happened to the franchise in a long time. Besides; it gave us this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7NecF46NI
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Well, as someone who binge watched a fair few Sonic Boom episodes...eh. It's not perfect or anything, and the jokes can get repetitive at times...but it's still the best thing that's happened to the franchise in a long time. Besides; it gave us this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7NecF46NI
The best thing to happen to the franchise in a long time, is reading the comic books after Flynn took over :lol:. That and Mania. Hell I'd take Teen Titans Go! over that shit, and Teen Titans Go! suuuuuuuucks :lol:. If that's the best thing to happen in a long time, then standards are EXTREMELY low. :lol:

THIS is the best thing to come out in a long time
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:44 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:The best thing to happen to the franchise in a long time, is reading the comic books after Flynn took over :lol:. That and Mania. Hell I'd take Teen Titans Go! over that shit, and Teen Titans Go! suuuuuuuucks :lol:. If that's the best thing to happen in a long time, then standards are EXTREMELY low. :lol:
Yep. They're PRE-TTY low after all the awful stuff that happened between Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 :cry: .

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:The best thing to happen to the franchise in a long time, is reading the comic books after Flynn took over :lol:. That and Mania. Hell I'd take Teen Titans Go! over that shit, and Teen Titans Go! suuuuuuuucks :lol:. If that's the best thing to happen in a long time, then standards are EXTREMELY low. :lol:
Yep. They're PRE-TTY low after all the awful stuff that happened between Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 :cry: .
Pick up Mega Drive. It's really good and DOESN'T have all those tagged on characters that put off mainstream fans. It's well written, and much better than anything since the try hard edgy and Pontac Era shit comedy awfulness. It's a beautiful sight for sore eyes. Mega Drive 2 especially is really good.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:15 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Hell I'd take Teen Titans Go! over that shit
Boom's bad, but it at least doesn't actively insult the franchise it's based around to cause controversy.... RIght? Or does it have a 'Return of Slade' episode of it's own? I haven't seen it all
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:34 pm

On topic, folks?
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: Hell I'd take Teen Titans Go! over that shit
Boom's bad, but it at least doesn't actively insult the franchise it's based around to cause controversy.... RIght? Or does it have a 'Return of Slade' episode of it's own? I haven't seen it all
Yes it does...it always does self deprecation jokes ALL THE TIME. There's been times they've poked fun at fan complaints just as GO! did. Neither are good, but I at least can appreciate the OG voice actors and energy GO! brings. That's about it though. Most jokes miss, but at least it goes all the way with em. Neither does it recycle or use the most basic character traits that you literally could give anyone, but it does it's own terrible thing in it's place. Though the former is more insulting as it basically means "We can use literally anyone in these spots, but just so happens the coat of paint is Sonic this time around."
KaiserNeko wrote:On topic, folks?
Sorry Kaiser...it's my trigger....sorry. :oops:

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:40 am

So with two video game series and 3 anime series...will we see a Western character take the stage? Hopefully Cell will have it cleaned up by then.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:49 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:So with two video game series and 3 anime series...will we see a Western character take the stage? Hopefully Cell will have it cleaned up by then.
He'd have just made an entirely new arena.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:14 am

We do have one Western cartoon who'll make an appearance. Possibly two. (We're thinking about doing another one of these.)
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:38 am

KaiserNeko wrote:We do have one Western cartoon who'll make an appearance. Possibly two. (We're thinking about doing another one of these.)
Is it Aquaman, again?
Pfft... I can totally see him trying to drop a blue whale on Cell.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif