DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:40 am

Noah wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Part One is now complete, according to Kaiser on his twitter.
Great, now only more five to go!
I thought it was two, followed by two sort of epilogue episodes? (Similar to how their compressed-down take on the Garlic Jr. arc was a sort of epilogue episode to the Freeza arc)
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:So, apparently in a recent stream Kaiser stated that Zarbon's girlfriend in DBZA is none other than Princess Snake.
Huh.
Guess Vegeta did Zarbon a favor huh? I wonder what Lord Quadros is doing these days. I wonder if we'll get another cameo out of him. :P
Good question. His last video was three months ago and he seems to be only retweeting things on his Twitter account.
I've always kinda hoped Raditz would pop up in Abridged again briefly at some point, maybe in the Afterlife Tournament or the Boo arc. Wonder if they'd do that, and do a twofer with Princess Snake too, given the videogame connection to Snake. Could tie that up with Zarbon in a really funny way for an amazing brick joke. :lol:
Last edited by Robo4900 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:48 am

FoolsGil wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:So, apparently in a recent stream Kaiser stated that Zarbon's girlfriend in DBZA is none other than Princess Snake.
Huh.
Guess Vegeta did Zarbon a favor huh? I wonder what Lord Quadros is doing these days. I wonder if we'll get another cameo out of him. :P
Meanwhile, in Nintendo DS game, Goku Harukanaru, Princess Snake boyfriend is Raditz :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:14 pm

This question was probably asked a million times before but i'm just wondering, will the Buu saga also get abridged or will the series end with the Cell saga?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:This question was probably asked a million times before but i'm just wondering, will the Buu saga also get abridged or will the series end with the Cell saga?
Kaiser has said that the series will be going on another hiatus after episode 60. For how long, they can't say. They still have a lot of stuff to do for their businesses, some of which are just starting to take off, so that's gonna take time & these things happen slowly. When they're in a comfortable place, they'll come back to do it is basically his answer.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:42 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:This question was probably asked a million times before but i'm just wondering, will the Buu saga also get abridged or will the series end with the Cell saga?
I think it's open ended. They might or might not do Buu. In my personal opinion I think they should keep continuing even if it takes another 10 years to finish.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:In my personal opinion I think they should keep continuing even if it takes another 10 years to finish.
I agree. I'd much rather see them cover the Majin Boo arc at whatever slower, steadier, accommodating pace they need, and likewise release it through whatever channels they need... than to not do it at all and leave DBZ Abridged as a bitterly unfinished product. I'm sure most other people would agree with that.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:20 am

Man, whenever we get a shorter version of Dragon Ball Z the Buu saga gets the shaft.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:41 am

The idea is that, if we do the Buu Saga, we'll take about 6-8 months to write a season out, then start producing the episodes, most likely 10-12.

The editing would be split, with me doing the backend stuff, as well as directing and co-writing as per the usual.

This would make for a remarkably less uneven release schedule. Maybe release two a month, and try to maintain the writing schedule as necessary, hopefully cutting it down to half a year max.

This is tentative, and only will happen if we even DO continue after the Cell Saga. We'll see how things pan out.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:14 am

KaiserNeko wrote:The idea is that, if we do the Buu Saga, we'll take about 6-8 months to write a season out, then start producing the episodes, most likely 10-12.

The editing would be split, with me doing the backend stuff, as well as directing and co-writing as per the usual.

This would make for a remarkably less uneven release schedule. Maybe release two a month, and try to maintain the writing schedule as necessary, hopefully cutting it down to half a year max.

This is tentative, and only will happen if we even DO continue after the Cell Saga. We'll see how things pan out.
Dude, that sounds awesome. I really hope this goes ahead. :)

One question: Do you mean 10-12 months, or 10-12 episodes...? Apologies if I'm just being dumb here... :lol:

Still, regardless of which way this goes, I understand if this doesn't work out, and I thank you greatly for continuing to be transparent and informative about all this.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:15 pm

So is your vision for the Buu saga much faster paced than the Cell saga?

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Fizzer wrote:So is your vision for the Buu saga much faster paced than the Cell saga?
Probably a little. When I say "10-12" that would basically be the first third of the season
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:59 pm

I mean, it's abridged, so it can be any pace you like. You could do the entire Buu saga in one episode if you wanted.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Regarder wrote:I mean, it's abridged, so it can be any pace you like. You could do the entire Buu saga in one episode if you wanted.
I can see it now... "We gotta use Fusion! No, we gotta use the Z-Sword! No, we gotta seal him in the Room of Spirit and Time! No, we gotta rely on this powerup from the Elder Kai! No, we gotta use Fusion again except it's a different kind! No, we gotta use the Spirit Bomb!"

...I mean that is basically the second two thirds of the Boo-arc in a nutshell. Methods of potentially beating Boo being introduced and dismissed/countered like every three episodes.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:18 pm

I freaking wish it was every three episodes.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 am

KaiserNeko wrote:The idea is that, if we do the Buu Saga, we'll take about 6-8 months to write a season out, then start producing the episodes, most likely 10-12.

That description sounds like what LK does for Yugioh Abridged, where he cuts down HUGE chunks of episodes into 10-15 minute abridged episodes from the Yugioh anime & doesn't have an arbitrary "number of episodes per season" rule like you guys seem to have had so far. I mean, your seasons increased by 10 episodes per, with the movies every so often & maybe a special. I was actually looking forward to a 40 episode Buu Saga, which would've brought the series to 100 episodes, with the remaining 5 90s Z movies to come.

Then again, this isn't surprising, since you said in one of the gaming livestreams, I think for Dark Souls III, that you thought of doing the sagas of Dragon Ball, pre-Z, as movies, which I think would be cool. Still, the Buu Saga has, including the Otherworld Tournament episodes, 99 episodes after the Cell Saga. Whether you want to adapt that mini-filler arc is up to you guys, but still, it's 96 episodes, which was cut down to 59-67 episodes in Kai, depending on if you're watching the international cut or the Japanese cut. Several of which were total filler in Kai, the rest are canon materials from the Manga in animated form. What I'm saying is that, it seems like it would take more episodes than 10-12, since it's not as short as the Saiyan Saga. It seems like it would have to be at least as long as your Season 2 to have decent pacing that isn't overly rushed. I mean, LK had a bit of a problem with that towards the end of his season 3, where the episodes had faster pacing after the gang got out of the Virtual World. He's gotten better with the pacing for Season 4, but what's done is done there. I don't want to have the last saga being rushed just for the sake of getting it over. I don't even want you guys to stretch it to 40 episodes.
Hell, even the canon series' have this problem. Z was bogged down by huge gaps in the chapter releases, which caused unnecessary & blatant filler scenes, which was thankfully solved by Kai's existence. Then we have Super, which has the opposite problem. Due to being based directly off of Toriyama's plot outlines rather than having him directly, the arcs after the first are incredibly rushed & start & end at weird points that are unnatural. Then we have the TOP, which dragged from what I heard, due to not much going on but fighting, which you can feel Toriyama's lack of involvement because of what he did for the previous tournament arcs in the manga.
KaiserNeko wrote:Probably a little. When I say "10-12" that would basically be the first third of the season
Ok, good. Thankfully I saw this before publishing this response. Good to know about that. Yeah, I think that if you wanna move at a pace that's comfortable for you guys, that's what we'd want & understand. 10-12 episode chunks would be cool. Until last year, you guys had a consistent schedule of 1 episode a month, sometimes slightly more for a gap if you had a movie or special abridged come out. Depending on when you'd abridge the remaining movies, this would probably be a good schedule for you guys. Since the Buu Saga has 3-4 noticeable plot shifts in it, adapting it like that would be good, from what I can tell. It'd give you guys time off to recharge your batteries & be able to do other things before coming back to it. I think everyone could handle that. At the very least, that's what you've been discussing. It makes sense.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:51 am

Shaddy wrote:Man, whenever we get a shorter version of Dragon Ball Z the Buu saga gets the shaft.
It's like the Buu arc is cursed. It got cut out of Kai, it missed out on some games, 2 of its 4 movies were Broly ones and now its abridged version is somewhat not guaranteed (but it looks like things will go through thankfully).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:36 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:This is tentative, and only will happen if we even DO continue after the Cell Saga. We'll see how things pan out.
What your plans about the remaining movies? Also finishing DBZ Abridged on 80 or 90 episodes sounds good to me.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Noah wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:This is tentative, and only will happen if we even DO continue after the Cell Saga. We'll see how things pan out.
What your plans about the remaining movies? Also finishing DBZ Abridged on 80 or 90 episodes sounds good to me.
This. I would love to see your guy's take on Bojack since he was lingering in the show since the very first season. It would be a complete circle.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:51 am

It's just one shot of him going "Yarr" and then Gohan kills him.

(I'm assuming Gohan kills him, I've never watched 16/20 of the movies)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Shaddy wrote:It's just one shot of him going "Yarr" and then Gohan kills him.

(I'm assuming Gohan kills him, I've never watched 16/20 of the movies)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuXT5zA4YUg

This should answer your question.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif