DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:14 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:I love Scrubs, but it's pretty darn random. But I have a question...Why does there need to be a ton of actual DB references for it to be funny? It's rather obvious that AR is not an Abridged series.
It doesn't have to have jokes relevant to the actual story to be funny, but if your gonna call it an abridged series or a parody then you should at least have some jokes relevant to the series.

And the best way I can summarize the differences between the series is this-

When I was about the same age as Pain ( I think you said you 12 right? ) I used to hate it when my brothers would watch Seinfeld because I hated it, but now that I'm 5 years older Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows and I think it's hilarious.

If I was the same age as you then I'd probably like ARDBZ better too, but I've grown up and so has my sense of humor.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:15 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:I love Scrubs, but it's pretty darn random. But I have a question...Why does there need to be a ton of actual DB references for it to be funny? It's rather obvious that AR is not an Abridged series.
Damn, I stand deflected...corrected.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:16 am

Back to Dragonball....Reference are good if they are funny. No references is fine if the show is funny without them.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:17 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:Back to Dragonball.
I was using different shows to convey my point better, I'm pretty sure that's not against the rules :wink:

-edit- SSJGozar just joined the forum :shock:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Pain

Post by Pain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:18 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
It doesn't have to have jokes relevant to the actual story to be funny, but if your gonna call it an abridged series or a parody then you should at least have some jokes relevant to the series.

And the best way I can summarize the differences between the series is this-

When I was about the same age as Pain ( I think you said you 12 right? ) I used to hate it when my brothers would watch Seinfeld because I hated it, but now that I'm 5 years older Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows and I think it's hilarious.

EDIT: There are two Gozars on the forum! Is one of them a fake? Or are both of them fakes?

If I was the same age as you then I'd probably like ARDBZ better too, but I've grown up and so has my sense of humor.
Buddy, please don't pull the age card on me. I'm a 13 year old 8th grade high achiever who is basically one of the funniest men in my grade. I've watched Seinfeld and it is very funny. But I just like the King Of Queens more, because it is sillier.
Last edited by Pain on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:20 am

It isn't but your Seinfeld point just didn't really connect, for me at least.
I'm no mod, but I like to respond to on topic things.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:21 am

Pain wrote:Buddy, please don't pull the age card on me. I'm a 13 year old 8th grade high achiever who is basically one of the funniest men in my grade.
It wasn't meant as an insult, it's just that the age group your in right now tends to have a more obnoxious and immature sense of humor, now I could be completely wrong and you could be different, but from the experiences I've had with 10 to 13 year old boys ( myself included ) they can have a pretty low-brow sense of humor.
Forgotten Hero wrote:It isn't but your Seinfeld point just didn't really connect, for me at least.
I'm no mod, but I like to respond to on topic things.
Just because it didn't connect for you doesn't mean it has zero relevance, this forum isn't super-only Dragonball-mention anything else-your banned. Hell, just yesterday somebody referenced the Iliad in one of their points 8)
Last edited by SSJ2bardock on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:24 am

Age never matters in comedy, I'm 17 and I hate Seinfeld but I love Shin-Chan! Shin has no plot, no character development, and is market toward small children in Japan. But I love it!

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:25 am

Through the advice of Kaboom over in the chat. I have this to say...

Why argue over the 2 series? Myself and TFS' members hold no hostility to one each other. I am friends with a few members of TFS (Lani, Kaiser, Vegeta *Insert numbers*). There's no need to argue over 2 series that are meant to make people laugh.

I realize my series is vastly different from DBZA in comedic style and not everyone will like it. Therefore just know I will not be debating/defending my own series. Because in the end, there are people who like my stuff. So it really doesn't matter to me when people don't, lol. So don't think I'm here to argue or anything, lol.

But please show some respect. I don't care what you say about me, you can trash me all you want, lol. But don't think that my fans are all juvenile and young kids. Someone already said in this topic that pulling an age card is rather ignorant.

Pain

Post by Pain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:28 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Pain wrote:Buddy, please don't pull the age card on me. I'm a 13 year old 8th grade high achiever who is basically one of the funniest men in my grade.
It wasn't meant as an insult, it's just that the age group your in right now tends to have a more obnoxious and immature sense of humor, now I could be completely wrong and you could be different, but from the experiences I've had with 10 to 13 year old boys ( myself included ) they can have a pretty low-brow sense of humor.
Well to be exact, the generation below mine(The 7th graders and below) is just completely saddening. They're into the mosts stupid. They're still cranking that Soulja Boy(He went out of style right after he got with those Whoop Rico guys) and getting into useless fights. Sure there are some immature 13 and 14 year olds in my grade, but I'm not one of them. I do admit that my jokes aren't for the kids if ya know what I mean (That was hilarious wasn't it? I should make an abridged series!).

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:29 am

@Gozar

Welcome to the forums by the way!

I'm kinda in the middle here, but I love both of the series: TFS's and yours.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:31 am

Gozar_ wrote:Through the advice of Kaboom over in the chat. I have this to say...

Why argue over the 2 series? Myself and TFS' members hold no hostility to one each other. I am friends with a few members of TFS (Lani, Kaiser, Vegeta *Insert numbers*). There's no need to argue over 2 series that are meant to make people laugh.

I realize my series is vastly different from DBZA in comedic style and not everyone will like it. Therefore just know I will not be debating/defending my own series. Because in the end, there are people who like my stuff. So it really doesn't matter to me when people don't, lol. So don't think I'm here to argue or anything, lol.

But please show some respect. I don't care what you say about me, you can trash me all you want, lol. But don't think that my fans are all juvenile and young kids. Someone already said in this topic that pulling an age card is rather ignorant.
Those comments were clearly directed at me so I guess I'll have to give a rebuttle. Firstly, I explained what I meant about the age issue in another post and I'm not saying younger people are retarded or anything like that, but it does hold true that a younger audience will tend to have a more juvenile sense of humor.

Secondly, I have nothing against you as a person. I simply just don't agree with your sense of humor or views on some things. I think earlier I said "I can't stand the guy", when what I should have said was "I can't stand his opinions or jokes that I've seen on youtube".

No disrespect intended and keep doing what your doing if it's making you happy. I'm not here to change anybody else's opinion, simply expressing my own.
Last edited by SSJ2bardock on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Pain

Post by Pain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:33 am

I think you're the real Gozar. And I'm quite moved by those words. You said the same thing in a "Gozar Speaks" episode, right? Oh well. But ya know... you like you say "lol" a lot. There's an emoticon for that. :lol: And welcome to the forum! I may be a...9 month member, but I've got a long way to go before I'm one of the forum cool guys, like Kaboom and Vegetto EX.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:35 am

Actually the post was directed at everyone who is pointlessly arguing. But again, I'm not here to start any trouble.

Pain

Post by Pain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:36 am

Wow...Gozar noticed us as living humans. Wait a sec! But I shouldn't be happy about that. I must make a good 3rd impression. :)

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:38 am

Maybe I'll take a shot at re-railing this topic before moving on to other topics around here.

Episode 4 was pretty funny. I really enjoyed the Piccolo/Gohan scenes. I'd say Piccolo is this series best character. Episode 2 is still my favorite, but this Episode is a step up from Episode 3 (Which is currently my least favorite).
Last edited by Gozar on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:39 am

Gozar_ wrote:Actually the post was directed at everyone who is pointlessly arguing. But again, I'm not here to start any trouble.
Well I wouldn't say it started out as pointless, but it has certainly become pointless now. I probably rubbed some people the wrong way when I brought it up earlier, but I tend to have strong opinions and sometimes people don't like that.

You seem like a pretty cool guy and all, but I just don't like what you've done with your series. So case in point, I have nothing against you, it's just your series that I can't stand.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:41 am

That's fine, I just hope we can be friends around this Forum. It's never really fun to have people who you constantly butt heads with on a Forum.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:43 am

Gozar_ wrote:That's fine, I just hope we can be friends around this Forum. It's never really fun to have people who you constantly butt heads with on a Forum.
Yeah dude it's totally cool, like I said before you seem like a great guy. Me and Pain are on opposite sides on this one but I've agreed with him on other stuff plenty of other times, hell I'm even in his sig.

People at this forum tend to be better than your average Dragonball fan and it's pretty hard not to like the people around you here. We've got an excellent little society here.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:45 am

Without a doubt man..."Your most authoritative DB discussion board." truly is not just blowing wind.