DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sat May 13, 2017 6:01 am

That was fun, even if a lot of time was taken up for filler. Tenshinhan's snark has progressed to become one of the best things in this series. They're really taking advantage of the fact they have almost every character together spectating. And they have definitely made me ship Goku and Cell. At least in DBZA canon.

If I do have a criticism, I'm not finding Mr. Satan's performance that funny. Maybe it's the delivery? Antfish can definitely act, but I feel like I'm expecting his excuses to sound a lot more desperate than they end up being. Like, he's coming up with excuses at the last moment, and he's struggling with it, and they're not supposed to be very believable. Maybe that's not what DBZA Mr. Satan is supposed to be like. I'm not sure.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:43 am

That was a GREAT episode! Since my birthday was yesterday, that was an actual good present!!

Mankankosacanon

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat May 13, 2017 11:49 am

coola wrote:I laughed at almost every line, especially Tien, he was savage, poor Yamcha :lol: Also loved subtitles when Arlian king celebrated repopulation of Planet Arlia
I think you meant "subtleties," not "subtitles."
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat May 13, 2017 11:57 am

MozillaVulpix wrote:If I do have a criticism, I'm not finding Mr. Satan's performance that funny. Maybe it's the delivery? Antfish can definitely act, but I feel like I'm expecting his excuses to sound a lot more desperate than they end up being. Like, he's coming up with excuses at the last moment, and he's struggling with it, and they're not supposed to be very believable. Maybe that's not what DBZA Mr. Satan is supposed to be like. I'm not sure.
Maybe because it's purposely going with the whole "Wrestler" thing, but FUNimation's dub already goes with that with Cris Rager imitating a version of Randy Savage & they do that here, but it's not exactly the version of that voice that I would've liked. Plus, they try to flanderize him like they do pretty much everyone else for the comedy, but, until the end of Z, he's pretty much at his most bombastic & stupid all the time, so there's not much they can do there.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat May 13, 2017 12:24 pm

I completely overlooked the fact they weren't putting Shueisha in their disclaimer, until recently.
Hopefully their episodes won't get take down again. If it happens, better put Bandai there too. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Eh. One of the weaker episodes. Didn't really get a lot of laughs out of it.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:22 pm

I liked the episode.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat May 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Not a bad episode, but I don't think it was laugh-out-loud. Mr. Satan seems a bit too similar to his canon portrayal to me, at least for now. Abridged Tenshinhan is quickly becoming my favorite character, and CellxGoku is definitely the OTP of the series.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 14, 2017 8:25 am

I don't see why people are complaining, I thought the episode was very good, the best one in a while.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Last episode was funnier, don't like much these Goku x Cell gay jokes, characters joking about Yamcha being useless is getting old, also your mouth/facial edits made that scene look bad, but I liked how you guys pointed that Goku never had a technique of his own.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue May 16, 2017 6:43 pm

I thought it was a funny episode, you guys used DB scenes when Jimmy announced that Satan was dead, right? I laughed at that, but wouldn't you guys have plans to use these scenes when abridging DB? :think:

Didn't like much the choice of tracks used in Goku vs. Cell, you guys could totally have used Cell theme from Ultimate Battle 22 in there, although you can still use it in somewhere else :D

Really? Goku has no techniques made by himself? I thought about Jan Ken Fist, but then I remembered that Gohan taught him, damn
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Noah wrote:Really? Goku has no techniques made by himself? I thought about Jan Ken Fist, but then I remembered that Gohan taught him, damn
The only techniques Goku himself invented are the ones from the 21st Tenka'ichi Budokai, like the Monkey Fist and the Mad Dog Fist, and the Dragon Fist thing from movie 13. Everything else is something he learned from somebody else. Unless you want to count Super Saiyan as a technique. In that case, the other Saiyans are ripping him off.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 16, 2017 7:18 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
Noah wrote:Really? Goku has no techniques made by himself? I thought about Jan Ken Fist, but then I remembered that Gohan taught him, damn
The only techniques Goku himself invented are the ones from the 21st Tenka'ichi Budokai, like the Monkey Fist and the Mad Dog Fist, and the Dragon Fist thing from movie 13. Everything else is something he learned from somebody else. Unless you want to count Super Saiyan as a technique. In that case, the other Saiyans are ripping him off.
Well technically he's ripping off the original SSJ...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue May 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well technically he's ripping off the original SSJ...
I think that'd be considered a coincidence rather than ripping something off.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed May 17, 2017 11:24 am

Abridged!Cell keeps getting more and more to my liking. I mean he brought back the "NERD!" joke that we haven't heard since...what episode 27?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:37 pm

It was brought up in one of the GoQ&A videos MasakoX did, but as for actual episodes...you're probably right BlazingBarrrager
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Wed May 17, 2017 7:59 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well technically he's ripping off the original SSJ...
I think that'd be considered a coincidence rather than ripping something off.
Is it even considered a "rip-off" if the person you're ripping off is your own dad?

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Lance Freeman wrote:Is it even considered a "rip-off" if the person you're ripping off is your own dad?
Okay, so Gohan and Goten inherited Super Saiyan from Goku. Vegeta and Trunks just stole it.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

What character did Kaiser play in Resurrection F again? I just wanna know if he's recorded for Super.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Scsigs wrote:What character did Kaiser play in Resurrection F again? I just wanna know if he's recorded for Super.
He played the Freeza begging for mercy right before Freeza kills them all.