DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:05 pm

I imagine the TFS SSJ2 scene Cell would just crush 16's head, it pauses on one of the shots of Gohan during the transformation sequence and alternates between a shot of Cell (and repeats this going faster each time for a few seconds) then cuts to Gohan screaming.

Also if I ever get the DBZ Levels set I'll to an HD cut of Season 1
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Any possibility of releasing the episode in 720p HD or 1080p HD on YouTube?
The episodes are created from 480p source material (these days, the Dragon Boxes) -- there's nothing for them to construct in HD.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:Any possibility of releasing the episode in 720p HD or 1080p HD on YouTube?
The episodes are created from 480p source material (these days, the Dragon Boxes) -- there's nothing for them to construct in HD.
Ah, yes! Though, they could use Kai's footage for that special long episode and then it'd be in HD.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Ah, yes! Though, they could use Kai's footage for that special long episode and then it'd be in HD.
But they are doing Dragon Ball Z Abridged now, not Dragon Ball Z Kai Abridged. The Dragon Ball Kai footage should go with the Dragon Ball Z Kai Abridged.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Ah, yes! Though, they could use Kai's footage for that special long episode and then it'd be in HD.
Problem there is that Kai cuts a lot of extra footage we plan to use. XD Filler footage gives us extra shots and angles we can use.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:23 pm

Gonstead wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote: Actually, 28 will encompass all the way up through Spirit Bomb. It's a giant two-parter.
Now I'm definitely excited!
Super stoked now! Means we're closer to seeing Goku turn into a super saiyan all over again!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:58 am

Y'know vegeta's speech he kept using about not being an ordinary Saiyan? I predict we'll hear that again as Goku's "I am Son Goku the Super Saiyan!" speech.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Kendamu wrote:Y'know vegeta's speech he kept using about not being an ordinary Saiyan? I predict we'll hear that again as Goku's "I am Son Goku the Super Saiyan!" speech.
or "I am the Super Warrior, Son Goku!!" warrior instead of saiyan would be totally unexpected. :lol:
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm

He'll be the TRUE champion Christmas...lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:04 pm

TeamFourStar's YouTube Channel wrote:Episode 28 is currently in the editing stage! Hooray!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 pm

It'll probably take a while to edit if Kaiser's working through eight episodes of editing stuffage. O.o
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 pm

JulieYBM wrote:It'll probably take a while to edit if Kaiser's working through eight episodes of editing stuffage. O.o
What? O.o
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Apparently Episode 28 is a massive three-parter which covers the entire pre-Super Saiyan portion of Goku vs Freeza. The initial fight, the 50% vs Kaio-Ken portion, and the entire Spirit Bomb sequence. 8 DBZ episodes sounds about right.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Kaboom wrote:Apparently Episode 28 is a massive three-parter which covers the entire pre-Super Saiyan portion of Goku vs Freeza. The initial fight, the 50% vs Kaio-Ken portion, and the entire Spirit Bomb sequence. 8 DBZ episodes sounds about right.
Two-parter actually. Ten minutes each part, if we're calculating correctly.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Somebody, somewhere, at some time, said 3 parts.

I will have their head.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:23 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Kaboom wrote:Apparently Episode 28 is a massive three-parter which covers the entire pre-Super Saiyan portion of Goku vs Freeza. The initial fight, the 50% vs Kaio-Ken portion, and the entire Spirit Bomb sequence. 8 DBZ episodes sounds about right.
Why two parts and not just one? I can think of a few reasons to do so, but I'm curious as to which is the motive here.
She/Her
bisexual milf

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:
Why two parts and not just one? I can think of a few reasons to do so, but I'm curious as to which is the motive here.
Our style works better in short spans. Stretching it past 10 minutes would hurt the pacing.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 pm

KaiserNeko wrote: Two-parter actually. Ten minutes each part, if we're calculating correctly.
Why two parts and not just one? I can think of a few reasons to do so, but I'm curious as to which is the motive here.[/quote]
Our style works better in short spans. Stretching it past 10 minutes would hurt the pacing.[/quote]

That makes sense. From the sound of things, you're still editing both at once, right? Or will this fall under the usual "one episode a month schedule?" If so, why not call part two Episode #29? Well, it doesn't quite sound like it'll be like that, so I assume these are planned for release right after the other?
She/Her
bisexual milf

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 pm

JulieYBM wrote:That makes sense. From the sound of things, you're still editing both at once, right? Or will this fall under the usual "one episode a month schedule?" If so, why not call part two Episode #29? Well, it doesn't quite sound like it'll be like that, so I assume these are planned for release right after the other?
You can expect Part 1 and 2 to be released within the same week.

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:54 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:That makes sense. From the sound of things, you're still editing both at once, right? Or will this fall under the usual "one episode a month schedule?" If so, why not call part two Episode #29? Well, it doesn't quite sound like it'll be like that, so I assume these are planned for release right after the other?
You can expect Part 1 and 2 to be released within the same week.
You mean THIS week? :D :D :D :D