DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:07 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:Trust us, we have a pay-off for that later down the line.
Ooohh... :o

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:26 pm

If I can bring up a point on the Krillin v Tenshinhan debate, Krillin effectively retires after the Cell Saga. He doesn't get serious until the current Super Arc which is about 10 years after Cell's death, while Tenshinhan continued to train. If Krillin is still stronger, it's likely not by much.

And even if we were to debate in this current arc...Kikoho ends the argument.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:To piggyback off the previous comment, TFS has posted an video informing about the scenario and what will happen next.

This absolutely sucks.
Look to the bright side: we can always watch the episodes on their website, but it's too bad Toei can't appreciate a parody, luckily TFS has contacts though.
DBZ Macky wrote: It really doesn't seem to be the case though, it would be a pretty funny gag if Krillin suddenly turns out to be stupendously stronger than Tenshinhan in DBZA and catches everyone off-guard, wouldn't it?
Not quite, even though I realize it makes sense to Krillin be the strongest earthling, I always felt like Tenshinhan was more able to have this title.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:36 am

I'm looking forward to future episodes, It's annoying to see YT take down the episodes. However, they are all able to be viewed on your website, correct?

Cheers!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:16 am

Sounds juicy.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:34 am

DainIronfoot wrote: However, they are all able to be viewed on your website, correct?
Yes, everything is still there.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:04 am

Nejishiki wrote:Cell coldly shooting Piza, Piroshiki, & Karoni down was an especially effective gag. I harbored those feelings when I first watched the Dragon Ball Z adaption. :D
Thing is, this might be sorta complicated to edit around won't it? I mean mean they were in the background of a lot of the shots of Satan.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:07 am

Well, I can't answer to how KaiserNeko would edit around their repetitious appearances. We'll have to wait & see. I'm also not entirely mindful to how interwoven they were in the animated episodes. I was reminiscing over my initial reaction as a teenager though I'll eventually find out when I inevitably watch the Dragon Ball Z adaption again.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:01 pm

I remember they were in Mr. Satan's scenes enough that Kai couldn't remove them. But then again, Kai was technically limited by the source material more than DBZA is.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:09 pm

We're just going to digitally remove them like I did in Episode 57.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:45 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:Cell coldly shooting Piza, Piroshiki, & Karoni down was an especially effective gag. I harbored those feelings when I first watched the Dragon Ball Z adaption. :D
Thing is, this might be sorta complicated to edit around won't it? I mean mean they were in the background of a lot of the shots of Satan.
Are...are you underestimating Kaiser "Christ of Edits" Neko? HOW DARE YOU. BURN THE HERETIC!

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:56 pm

While I don't blame you for wanting them removed, I still dislike that Joke. I found it too meanspirited

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:58 pm

jcogginsa wrote:While I don't blame you for wanting them removed, I still dislike that Joke. I found it too meanspirited
...Johnathan Wheelo died of brain cancer, and my heart died with him. Bring on the mean spirited jokes.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:15 pm

jcogginsa wrote:While I don't blame you for wanting them removed, I still dislike that Joke. I found it too meanspirited
While I respect your perspective, they were far and away the worst part of the entire arc. They ruin Satan's entire joke and steal so much screen time from what's important. We also killed them before they had any chance to be introduced, so it's not really all that mean in comparison to other jokes about death we've made.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:15 am

KaiserNeko wrote:While I respect your perspective, they were far and away the worst part of the entire arc. They ruin Satan's entire joke and steal so much screen time from what's important. We also killed them before they had any chance to be introduced, so it's not really all that mean in comparison to other jokes about death we've made.
They were a waste of space and they detracted from the main story. Fuck 'em.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:54 am

KaiserNeko wrote:
While I respect your perspective, they were far and away the worst part of the entire arc. They ruin Satan's entire joke and steal so much screen time from what's important. We also killed them before they had any chance to be introduced, so it's not really all that mean in comparison to other jokes about death we've made.
I know. But if you're gonna go through the effort of editing them out of the shots they're in already, they could have been cut out entirely.

Though if I'm being honest, the thing that really bothers me is the bit where the Corpse falls. That's what pushes it over the line.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:35 am

Nothing wrong with a little gallows humor
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Considering theres a wish with the dragonballs coming Kaiser wouldn't have to edit them out in later arcs.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:15 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Considering theres a wish with the dragonballs coming Kaiser wouldn't have to edit them out in later arcs.
Which later arcs? I thought they only appeared in this Cell arc filler.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Ironically, the first thing that comes to my mind (Piza's appearence in Super Ep. 1) would have been removed either way...unless Mr. Satan hires her in the interim...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.