DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:11 am

What an awesome Christmas present haha!

I loved hearing Frieza and Cooler squabble. Always wanted them to and I get to finally hear that. :clap:

Loved the idea of them fighting Santa, so epic and it actually works. Best Christmas abridged movie so far hands down.

The animation style is just bad compared to the old. It's pretty weird hearing the voices with this animation style. Nothing you guys can do there.. I lol'd when Gohan got his gift and wasn't on the naughty list.

Excited for anything else db abridged related. Always gets me out a slump watching these. Great work as always Teamfourstar.

Prince Ire

Post by Prince Ire » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:55 am

I almost died at the ad pop up for crunchyroll/dragon ball super when Goku was like, "How would I ever endanger the universe?" :lol:

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:37 am

A lot more fourth-wall breaking/meta humour than usual for TFS. The space-time continuum bit and the Super pop-up for starters, but also the joke about Goku calling people "minor characters". That could have been lifted straight out of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged.

Also, implying Gohan is a minor character? Have we become so jaded?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:31 am

So wait...if this was Evil Santa...then who was the Santa in Tree of Might :? ?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:39 am

I really liked the tribute they did for Hiromi Tsuru at the end of the special. It was very nice of them to do that.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:04 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Loved it. Though I thought Gohan was a good boy deemed by Santa, so why was he pummeled?
s version of Santa's the Santa robot from Futurama, that's why.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:12 pm

Fionordequester wrote:So wait...if this was Evil Santa...then who was the Santa in Tree of Might :? ?
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Santa fell into the darkness and lost his light. Very tragic.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Interesting how TFS chose to make a new Christmas special that now includes Vegeta as well as their modern trademark humor. Does anyone think this is their last one or can another one be made? Honestly, the only movies I can think of are:

Fusion Reborn - Maybe call it "Christmas Reborn" and have the ogre who turned into Janemba be an elf manipulated by evil. You can even have King Yemma revealed to work part-time as Krampus.

Wrath of the Dragon - Maybe call it "Christmas of the Dragon" and have Hoi also be an elf who wants revenge on Santa or something, I don't know. And Hirudegarn is a toy gone wrong while Tapion is a good elf? Ah man, I'm having too much fun.

Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return - Call it "Goku and His Friends Return for Christmas" and have Abo and Cado once again be elves (Wow, this list is very elf-themed) while Tarble visits for the holidays - paying off Vegeta's mention of him in Plan to Eradicate Christmas. (Maybe by the time this would release, Funimation would've finally dubbed it and given it their own title)

Yeah, now that I think of it - Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return is the most likely because it features a huge gathering of all the characters and lends itself most well for a Christmas special. I think TFS prefers Plan to and Yo! Son Goku as the basis for Christmas specials because they aren't as huge as Fusion Reborn or Wrath of the Dragon, which makes them free for creative reinterpretation. I just don't know when TFS would ever get to Yo! Son Goku unless they skip and show the future with the special. I have to say, it'd be nice to have Goten, Trunks, and Videl included in the Christmas special so I think it might be likely. Maybe we'll get something like this when TFS starts the Buu Saga? A trilogy of TFS Christmas specials would be pretty cool....

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Actually I hope this is the last Christmas thing they do with the series I would prefer the next movies to be 'abridged' using their original plot.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:30 pm

I wouldn't expect another Christmas special out of us in the same vein. As in, if we make another one, it's probably going to be completely original.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:14 pm

Scsigs wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Loved it. Though I thought Gohan was a good boy deemed by Santa, so why was he pummeled?
s version of Santa's the Santa robot from Futurama, that's why.
I mean Zoidberg was spared by Robo Santa. He got a gift for being good, and Santa said he wouldn't kill him. Then Zoidberg ends up saving the day by electrocuting Santa. But for all intents and purpose, Zoidberg was free to go. Unlike Gohan who for some reason ended up on the shit list, even though he was told just a moment ago he was on Santa's nice list.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:31 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:I wouldn't expect another Christmas special out of us in the same vein. As in, if we make another one, it's probably going to be completely original.
Oh........ Well, there's always fan-fiction. Nah, but seriously - I'm kidding. Honestly, didn't expect a reply so I appreciate it. Good job on the special and I look forward to all your TFS and personal efforts! It's admirable when DB fans take it upon themselves to put their own mark on the franchise and that's exactly what you and the TFS team have done.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:47 am

In all seriousness though, I do hope Santa Claus ends up being ok in the future, despite what it all looked like. Real life is already depressing enough as it is :(
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:07 am

Hilarious as always. Great oneliners from all characters. First time "motherfucker" was uncensored, hey? Pushing those limits.

Was this "evil" Santa like Piccolo? Since last time we saw Santa a few years ago he was pretty nice.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:16 am

Brikikoz wrote:Hilarious as always. Great oneliners from all characters. First time "motherfucker" was uncensored, hey? Pushing those limits.
On Twitter, Kaiser mentioned that since PG-13 movies are allowed one 'fuck' and yippie ki-yay motherfucker is so iconic...

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Brikikoz wrote:Hilarious as always. Great oneliners from all characters. First time "motherfucker" was uncensored, hey? Pushing those limits.

Was this "evil" Santa like Piccolo? Since last time we saw Santa a few years ago he was pretty nice.
They DID have Vegeta say "Da fuck's a condom?" in episode 32 or 33, I believe, so it's a once-in-a-while thing they're doing, I believe.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Just waiting for this to return. I cant wait to see Cell's reaction to Gohan going SSJ2.

And the Buu Saga is bound to be fucking hilarious. Ik after the DBZ arcs are done they'll cut into Super. But I'm honestly also kinda hoping they do a few skits for GT as well.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 pm

ernesth100 wrote: Ik after the DBZ arcs are done they'll cut into Super. But I'm honestly also kinda hoping they do a few skits for GT as well.
They won't. They have no plans on abridging Super or GT. Their idea is to finish all Z episodes and movies and then later abridge original DB arcs in movie format.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm

I wonder if they'll do a long Gohan inner monologue thing. :think:
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Noah wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: Ik after the DBZ arcs are done they'll cut into Super. But I'm honestly also kinda hoping they do a few skits for GT as well.
They won't. They have no plans on abridging Super or GT. Their idea is to finish all Z episodes and movies and then later abridge original DB arcs in movie format.
I think there's (or was) something going on that'll prevent them from doing Buu let alone anything else.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.