DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Asura wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Asura wrote:Sorry if this was asked before, and I know that Kaiser(?) said they wouldn't be dubbing Super, but have you guys ever thought about doing a movie dub of BoG in the future?

Also, did the thought of doing an episode or a movie that was a pure serious dub ever cross your guys' minds?
Battle of Gods does count as a Z movie...
It’s a Z movie and a Super arc so I guess it gets rather confusing between the two, and I think most people associate the likes of Beerus, Whis, and SSG with Super and not Z.
Noah wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:There's also the 2008 Jump Special.
And Ressurection of 'F'
Well yeah but those two kind of... sucked in comparison to BoG.
And? Since when has quality of the source material stopped them from abridging said material?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Asura wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Battle of Gods does count as a Z movie...
It’s a Z movie and a Super arc so I guess it gets rather confusing between the two, and I think most people associate the likes of Beerus, Whis, and SSG with Super and not Z.
Noah wrote:
And Ressurection of 'F'
And? Since when has quality of the source material stopped them from abridging said material?
Yeah it hasn't, but that's not really what I meant though. I'm just saying if there was going to be effort spent on doing a movie that isn't near the abridged timeline right now (Cell Games) it would be better to do BoG over the 2008 special and RoF since they just aren't as good or enjoyable.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is #2

Any bets on Number #1?
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Budokai Tenkaichi is #3

Any bets on Number #1?
Actually, it’s #2 :D .

As for 1st, there’s no other choice. I think we all knew from the very beginning what it was going to be anyway.

Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu is #1

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Asura wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Budokai Tenkaichi is #3

Any bets on Number #1?
Actually, it’s #2 :D .

As for 1st, there’s no other choice. I think we all knew from the very beginning what it was going to be anyway.

Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu is #1
...Man, I suck. :oops:

I had one fucking job. :shifty:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Asura wrote:It’s a Z movie and a Super arc so I guess it gets rather confusing between the two, and I think most people associate the likes of Beerus, Whis, and SSG with Super and not Z.

Speak it for yourself. I associate them with Z, their debut was in Z movie. Not only that, but the movie that took us to the direction this franchise is set nowadays.
So what? We're talking about the Abridged right? It's not like they would prefer the retellings over the last two Z movies.
Lord Beerus wrote:Any bets on Number #1?
Any one other game besides Budokai 3 would be a travesty!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Noah wrote:
Asura wrote:It’s a Z movie and a Super arc so I guess it gets rather confusing between the two, and I think most people associate the likes of Beerus, Whis, and SSG with Super and not Z.

Speak it for yourself. I associate them with Z, their debut was in Z movie. Not only that, but the movie that took us to the direction this franchise is set nowadays.
So what? We're talking about the Abridged right? It's not like they would prefer the retellings over the last two Z movies.
Lord Beerus wrote:Any bets on Number #1?
Any one other game besides Budokai 3 would be a travesty!

Okay, Super, Z, whatever. It doesn’t matter, not my point lol. All I was saying was it would be cool to see an abridged version of BoG. Whether you consider it apart of Z or Super doesn’t matter, it was the start of the “new generation” of Dragon Ball.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Of course it would be, but way too soon to expect that. There's the Hatchyack OVA, Cell arc finale, Afterlife Tournament episodes, Movie 9, some Boo arc episodes, Movie 10, 11, more Boo arc episodes, Movie 12, Boo arc finale, Movie 13, then BoG and RoF.

And IIRC TFS plans to abridge OG DB after Z.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Noah wrote:Of course it would be, but way too soon to expect that. There's the Hatchyack OVA, Cell arc finale, Afterlife Tournament episodes, Movie 9, some Boo arc episodes, Movie 10, 11, more Boo arc episodes, Movie 12, Boo arc finale, Movie 13, then BoG and RoF.

And IIRC TFS plans to abridge OG DB after Z.

Well that’s what I mean about some people seeing BoG as more of a Super/Z/Inbetween thing which is why I brought up them saying they’re not gonna dub Super in my first post. They’ve done some skits from Super (despite it obviously being much further in the abridged timeline than where it’s at now) which is why I asked about BoG since it’s also one of those things that’s waaaaayyyy off in the future to a point where it would take like a decade to get to if we were going in order. But like I said BoG is more like the start of the new generation of DB so I was just wondering if they would ever decide to do it like they’ve done a few Super skits, since getting to BoG "organically" (following the abridged timeline which is now at Cell) would take years upon years upon years to ever get to.

I think it's different than asking about the other Z movies since they were all made around the same time before the giant gap of time in which we had no new content, so they feel more like Z whereas BoG and RoF feel more like the bridge between Z and Super and thus could be treated differently as a result.
Last edited by Asura on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:12 pm

It’s obvious that number 1 is going to be Budokai 3.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is #2

Any bets on Number #1?
I`m guessing Budokai 3!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is #2

Any bets on Number #1?
I say Infinite World will be #1.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:32 pm

"The first and most obvious, it's roster!"
The roster was great, 4 characters and 157 character skins

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:41 pm

I never played Tenkaichi 3, my main exposure to it was via the TFS Gaming LP of it. So I'm actually surprised to see it rank this high since...hoo boy, that playthrough did not make it look good in any way at all.

Leaving aside the issues with the Wii version, I could tell even from watching just how shallow it was beneath the massive roster. At least the what-if scenarios were cool.

Looking forward to Budokai 3 at no. 1 :thumbup:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Kataphrut wrote:I never played Tenkaichi 3, my main exposure to it was via the TFS Gaming LP of it. So I'm actually surprised to see it rank this high since...hoo boy, that playthrough did not make it look good in any way at all.

Leaving aside the issues with the Wii version, I could tell even from watching just how shallow it was beneath the massive roster. At least the what-if scenarios were cool.

Looking forward to Budokai 3 at no. 1 :thumbup:
2 had better what-if missions, hell, it had a few missions dedicated to the 'If Raditz turned good' storyline.

Kanassa wrote:

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Tenkaichi 3 is overrated imo

and don't get me wrong i do like the game .
My English is poor .

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:14 am

Didn't Kaiser already say that Infinite World is the Budokai series? So I would think that is number one over Budokai 3.
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Tenkaichi 3 is overrated imo

For some reason I recall likeing 2 more than 3. Don't recall exactly why since it was so long ago. Story mode maybe? Something to do with the combat system...

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:20 am

So anyone excited for Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans Abridged tomorrow (or after tomorrow depending on your time zone)?

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:35 am

dario03 wrote:Didn't Kaiser already say that Infinite World is the Budokai series? So I would think that is number one over Budokai 3.
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Tenkaichi 3 is overrated imo

For some reason I recall likeing 2 more than 3. Don't recall exactly why since it was so long ago. Story mode maybe? Something to do with the combat system...
the story mode and what ifs are better in tenkaichi 2
My English is poor .

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:22 am

mecha3000 wrote:So anyone excited for Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans Abridged tomorrow (or after tomorrow depending on your time zone)?
Absolutely. It's been a while since the last time we got DBZA content :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs