DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Some would say I was wrong... I would say that I was half-right!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Man I try not the be "that nerd" but their latest Xenoverse video triggered the hell out of me.

Like 2 out of 3 of them said they didn't like/watch super (it's way better than Z-filler at least at it's worst, except it's Yamcha treatment) and they call themselves DB fans! Yet I swear they've defended GT shit a bit before.

They also said that it was dumb that The U6 Namekians were weaker then Piccolo... Which they totally aren't, they were combined stronger than Ult Gohan and individually stronger than Piccolo. A partially charged Makansappo couldn't pierce them but a casual mouth blast of their wrecked Piccolo. It was right in the episode...

It's like how they bash Xenoverse when half the time the issue is they physically suck at playing it. Just wish they were less humble and sure of themselves.

I'll be kinda glad when TFS ends as they clearly don't care much for the current franchise (Super, XV).

They are also inevitably going to fail at the Colosseum it's impossible for them not to. Vados can't be beaten if you repeatedly junk your best figures. So unlike the leaf green play there's no excitement about them maybe making it, you know they wont...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:16 pm

TobyS wrote:They are also inevitably going to fail at the Colosseum it's impossible for them not to. Vados can't be beaten if you repeatedly junk your best figures. So unlike the leaf green play there's no excitement about them maybe making it, you know they wont...
They've ended the series after the latest episode because they consider losing all but two of their team a wipe after they, for some reason, decide not to stop Frieza from unleashing an ultimate. They literally say that it's the end at the end of the episode.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 pm

TobyS wrote:Man I try not the be "that nerd" but their latest Xenoverse video triggered the hell out of me.

Like 2 out of 3 of them said they didn't like/watch super (it's way better than Z-filler at least at its worst, except its Yamcha treatment) and they call themselves DB fans! Yet I swear they've defended GT shit a bit before.

It's like how they bash Xenoverse when half the time the issue is they physically suck at playing it. Just wish they were less humble and sure of themselves.

I'll be kinda glad when TFS ends as they clearly don't care much for the current franchise (Super, XV).
Um, for one, Lani, Kirran, & Grant aren't the entirety of TFS. They're the guys who run the gaming channel, though Lani's the one who's one of the writers & voice actors for the show out of the 3 of them. You can't really judge the entirety of the TFS group just from them. You also have to take into account that Kirran & Grant aren't anime fans & they've all said that DBZ isn't their favorite anime show, plus being a fan of something is being able to say when something doesn't live up to expectations.

Also, they don't HAVE to like Super, or Xenoverse either just because YOU do. I don't know what you expect from them. They do those videos to give THEIR opinions, not cowtow to other opinions. Xenoverse isn't a good game. It has some good things about it, but it's far from perfect. Super, I would say, IS good, but I get why people might not like it. GT has some good elements, but it's not good at all. I don't get hw anyone could like it better than Super, so I see your point there. Kirran defended GT, but I have NO idea why. And here's the thing, Xenoverse is a game that's just badly done in some areas. 2 improves upon a lot, but it feels more like Budokai 2 or an expansions pack. I expect Dimps will overhaul more things for 3 when they get to it. I've played through the first game myself & a lot of it SUCKS legitimately. There's bullshit levels, terrible ally A.I., & the story could've been more imaginative, but that goes more for 2 on that last one. Physically sucking at a game has NOTHING on bullshit level & game design, bud & I've played GOOD action RPGs.

Wouldn't them being humble be a good thing? They're nice people & they're thankful for their fans & what they have. Being sure of themselves is also a good thing, since it's not like they're overtly confident all the time. They regularly make self-deprecating jokes about themselves. Trust me, I've seen worse shitheads on the internet with decent followings.

Also, I don't think TFS is gonna end. THAT'S their brand at this point. What I think you meant is when DBZA ends in, like, 5-10 years. It's not like they're just gonna abandon the "Team Four Star" brand name when they end DBZA eventually. They're too connected to it at this point to really just abandon it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Colour me incorrect on Xenoverse, I guess. Personally, I would put 2 above 1 purely for the lack of bullshit super armour, but if story is the main draw, I think 1 does actually have 2 beat. It felt like they were more creative with their "what-if" scenarios.

As for this latest episode...it was fine. I don't mind that they're moving on to Buu's Fury, the Figlocke was a fun gag, but not sustainable in the long-term. And as for the comments on Super, as a fan of the show, it doesn't bother me. It's hard to really argue with the criticism of Jiren. As I've said elsewhere, it's an idea the show has committed to, and you either like it or you don't.

If you care about TFS' opinions on Super, I think Lani and Kaiser are much better at being critical of it and actually unpacking why something worked or didn't work. Obviously Masako does his reviews as well, but they're kind of a separate thing. Kirran and Grant just seem to dislike it on principle, so if you like the show, then don't put too much stock into what they have to say about it. And they like GT, so who gives a shit what they think anyway :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:39 pm

I have no interest in TFS Gaming whatsoever, but I'm in the camp that XV1 was overall better than XV2. I'll take super armor over stamina breaks any day. Stamina is poorly done in general but XV2 does it worse.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 pm

TobyS wrote:Man I try not the be "that nerd" but their latest Xenoverse video triggered the hell out of me.

Like 2 out of 3 of them said they didn't like/watch super (it's way better than Z-filler at least at it's worst, except it's Yamcha treatment) and they call themselves DB fans! Yet I swear they've defended GT shit a bit before.
So you have to love Super and hate GT to be a Dragon Ball fa? What kind of backwards ass logic is that?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:

So you have to love Super and hate GT to be a Dragon Ball fan? What kind of backwards ass logic is that?
The logic that every single fan HAS to be on the exact same level to be a fan of something & like everything ever from something. Like the teenage Fall Out Boy fangirls, who constantly shit on other fans who don't like their current material, because it sucks, & say you're not a "true fan" if you don't like EVERYTHING they put out as much as everything else. Just straight-up stupid, if you ask me.
Kataphrut wrote:Colour me incorrect on Xenoverse, I guess. Personally, I would put 2 above 1 purely for the lack of bullshit super armour, but if story is the main draw, I think 1 does actually have 2 beat. It felt like they were more creative with their "what-if" scenarios.

As for this latest episode...it was fine. I don't mind that they're moving on to Buu's Fury, the Figlocke was a fun gag, but not sustainable in the long-term. And as for the comments on Super, as a fan of the show, it doesn't bother me. It's hard to really argue with the criticism of Jiren. As I've said elsewhere, it's an idea the show has committed to, and you either like it or you don't.

If you care about TFS' opinions on Super, I think Lani and Kaiser are much better at being critical of it and actually unpacking why something worked or didn't work. Obviously Masako does his reviews as well, but they're kind of a separate thing. Kirran and Grant just seem to dislike it on principle, so if you like the show, then don't put too much stock into what they have to say about it. And they like GT, so who gives a shit what they think anyway :lol:
I agree.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Oh damn, didn't expect Xenoverse to rank THAT low. 11 other games better than Xenoverse huh? Plus they're not counting individual games in a series. I would have ranked Xenoverse 1 in my top 3 for sure. What an incredible experience that was the first time around. The magic just isn't there in XV2 the second time around like they said.

If DB Fusions isn't in top 5 I'll riot :twisted:. Pretty sure Kaiser called it one of the best DB games he's ever played and said he spent over 60+ hours in it, so here's to hoping that game ranks in the top 5 and gets more exposure because it totally deserves it. Definitely my pick for #1 Dragon Ball game of all time, and I hated the entire thing when it was first announced. My opinion drastically changed once I actually got my hands on it though. I pray to god they make a sequel.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:25 am

If Dragon Ball Advance aka the Best OG DB game I ever played is not high on their list, I'll be mad :evil:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Noah wrote:If Dragon Ball Advance aka the Best OG DB game I ever played is not high on their list, I'll be mad :evil:
It's #11 on their list.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:It's #11 on their list.
Well, almost Top 10, I can take that :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Noah wrote:If Dragon Ball Advance aka the Best OG DB game I ever played is not high on their list, I'll be mad :evil:
It's #11 on their list.
Lani "I haven't really played it"

Seems rather odd to have a game on the list if one of the judges haven't played it.

Kanassa wrote:

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:11 am

Kanassa wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
It's #11 on their list.
Lani "I haven't really played it"

Seems rather odd to have a game on the list if one of the judges haven't played it.
2/3 of us have, and that was good enough.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Asura

Post by Asura » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:22 am

I'll have to check Advance out some time, but damn, such a short video. Only 2 minutes and 32 seconds! I guess there's only so much you can say about a game though?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:30 am

Kataphrut wrote:Colour me incorrect on Xenoverse, I guess. Personally, I would put 2 above 1 purely for the lack of bullshit super armour, but if story is the main draw, I think 1 does actually have 2 beat. It felt like they were more creative with their "what-if" scenarios.

What principle?

Masako I have mixed feelings about. For the most part, he's a positive and funny person. But when he's salty, it leaks into everything. Like his reviews on Super were noticeably bitter when he learned Freeza was returning to replace Buu and he still blames Goku for the TOP, despite everyone saying that Goku's recklessness was a good thing in the long run. He also goes on the narrative that the Universal Survival Saga is Super's 'last chance', completely ignoring that the Future Trunks Saga had smashing ratings and the Champa Saga before that had very good ratings too. Even funnier, he called the Future Trunks Saga Super's 'last chance'. Like, how many 'last chances' do Super have?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:00 am

HeroR wrote:Even funnier, he called the Future Trunks Saga Super's 'last chance'. Like, how many 'last chances' do Super have?
If you've ever looked into an MMO Forum, you'd learn that you'll never get an answer to that.

Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 am

Kanassa wrote:
HeroR wrote:Even funnier, he called the Future Trunks Saga Super's 'last chance'. Like, how many 'last chances' do Super have?
If you've ever looked into an MMO Forum, you'd learn that you'll never get an answer to that.
Can you explain this a bit more?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 am

HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
With every MMO, every update is accompanied by a load of people yelling how the game is dying and how this update is the game's last chance no matter the success of the update. SWTOR's died about seven times in it's five year run. The closest thing you'll ever get to an answer is that "Well, i don't like the content, so it's dead to me! I WAS TECHNICALLY RIGHT!"

Kanassa wrote:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:28 am

Kanassa wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote: If you've ever looked into an MMO Forum, you'd learn that you'll never get an answer to that.
With every MMO, every update is accompanied by a load of people yelling how the game is dying and how this update is the game's last chance no matter the success of the update. SWTOR's died about seven times in it's five year run. The closest thing you'll ever get to an answer is that "Well, i don't like the content, so it's dead to me! I WAS TECHNICALLY RIGHT!"
Not a gamer, but even I remember the outcry when Mists of Pandaria was announced and how fans made it look like it was the worst thing ever. Years later I see more and more comments about how it was one of the better expansions. (don't know if that's the general opinion though)

Pretty sure the general opinion of the TOP arc will settle into "it was alright. Had some good moments" later on. The Buu arc sorta went through something similar.