I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:13 pm

Hey, everyone:

I don't really have much interest in announcing my videos anywhere anymore (if you're interested, you're interested, and you already know)... but since a few people that run amok on this site's forum and chat had a few suggestions here and there while I was working on it, I guess I should at least let everyone know that it's up :).

Video: "I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon"
Anime: Pokemon
Artist: Rancid
Song: "Fall Back Down"
Participation: Otakon 2008 (Upbeat)
Formats: MP4 (local @ AnimeMusicVideos.org), XviD (direct @ godofchaosisawesome); also on YouTube

I'm all about friendship videos that make you smile and warm and fuzzy on the inside. Last year I did it with two friends, and this year I did it alone :P. I'm in the mood to make silly fun videos that make me smile, and this is kinda the first part of that new run for me. No special effects, no spiffy tricks... just warm fuzzies.

Hope ya' like it, if you happen to check it out~
Last edited by VegettoEX on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:57 pm

I saw this at Otakon, and I felt this warm and fuzzy feeling after watching this. I almost have to wonder, did Rancid do a song for a children's album a while back? That was so good!
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:51 am

Oh my Gosh. That video was excellent. It made me remember how awesome pokemon is. That video made me feel so sentimental. Good song!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Ah pokemon, I'll remember thee forever.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:13 am

Man that brought back so many memories. This video is makes me feel all nostalgic. Nothing will ever beat the first two seasons of Pokemon. Season 2 did end at the Indigo Plateau right ? Hell nothing will ever beat Red version either.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Great video Mike! By the way, how did you get the footage? Did they put out Pokemon box sets?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 pm

Genki-Dama wrote:Did they put out Pokemon box sets?
Yep. ( Season 1 Part 1 / Season 1 Part 2 / Season 1 Part 3 / Orange Islands ). I've been waiting a few years to make it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:31 pm

Me and my friend watched this AMV together and really enjoyed it. This sort of reminded me of the Orange Island episodes where you were treated to a short Pokemon themed AMV with "Pikachu's Jukebox" at the end of each episode.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight