Alternate Reality DragonBall Z

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Gozar
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:18 am
Location: The Future
Contact:

Alternate Reality DragonBall Z

Postby Gozar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:48 am

SSJ2Bardock suggested I add a Topic regarding my series, Alternate Reality DragonBall Z. So I figure it can't hurt. Just let's please not have any TFS Vs.Me debates. :)

Here's a link to my YouTube Profile
Last edited by Gozar on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JAPPO
I Live Here
Posts: 2149
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:03 am

Postby JAPPO » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 am

Yep it's pretty good. 8)
Last edited by JAPPO on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

User avatar
Pain
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: South City
Contact:

Postby Pain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 am

I hate to be the second poster, but whatever. The latest episode was quite funny. The Cell and Goku conversation was pretty funny. :?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

User avatar
SSJ2bardock
I Live Here
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Chicago

Postby SSJ2bardock » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:55 am

Contrary to what you may believe I actually do enjoy some of your jokes; the bit about Cell eating pussy was quite funny. There... I've made my peace offering and we can all move on with our lives. :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

User avatar
Pain
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: South City
Contact:

Postby Pain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:56 am

:lol: The essence of that post sounded hilarious.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"

Member #:2148

Post Rank: #33

Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece

Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom



Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

User avatar
NeptuneKai
I Live Here
Posts: 3577
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Postby NeptuneKai » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:52 am

I'm subscribed to Gozar but after all this time it seems like he's sort of repeating jokes and generally hitting every cliche' in the book. It's not a bad series but I liked his short random one shots better then his story line abridged episodes just because there was more room for improvisation.

I also feel he is limiting the footage he can use by just using free clips from Dragonball arena. There are only so many clips on that site and sooner or later there's going to be more reused footage then the Sailor Moon anime.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

User avatar
JAPPO
I Live Here
Posts: 2149
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:03 am

Postby JAPPO » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:46 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:I'm subscribed to Gozar but after all this time it seems like he's sort of repeating jokes and generally hitting every cliche' in the book. It's not a bad series but I liked his short random one shots better then his story line abridged episodes just because there was more room for improvisation.

I also feel he is limiting the footage he can use by just using free clips from Dragonball arena. There are only so many clips on that site and sooner or later there's going to be more reused footage then the Sailor Moon anime.

Pretty much how I feel. Some of it is good, some of it is a little too immature. Kinda like Family Guy (which I don't like either, more of a South Park guy).
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Cartman Blues
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:

Postby Cartman Blues » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:11 pm

JAPPO wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:I'm subscribed to Gozar but after all this time it seems like he's sort of repeating jokes and generally hitting every cliche' in the book. It's not a bad series but I liked his short random one shots better then his story line abridged episodes just because there was more room for improvisation.

I also feel he is limiting the footage he can use by just using free clips from Dragonball arena. There are only so many clips on that site and sooner or later there's going to be more reused footage then the Sailor Moon anime.

Pretty much how I feel. Some of it is good, some of it is a little too immature. Kinda like Family Guy (which I don't like either, more of a South Park guy).
Agreed. South Park is better. But, I really like Gozar's series, it's really funny. But he needs to kinda use more of the stuff that's barely seen like parenting with Vegeta. I'm glad he kinda slowed down with the Gohan bullying thing, that was getting a bit old. But still, Gozar your show is very funny. :D
desirecampbell wrote:
Nothing is ever mentioned that being part human would impede the transformation to SSj4. Vegeta's body was literally invaded by an alien being

Rocketman wrote:
So was ChiChi's.

User avatar
Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Postby Forgotten Hero » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:31 am

I love Alternate Reality and Gozar's channel as a whole. So, nice to see this thread!
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

User avatar
Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California
Contact:

Postby Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:48 am

This is funny and all, but I still have one little suggestion. I think it would be a good idea to get a new mic, or at least fix the audio in Audicity or something.

User avatar
Lavender Saiyan
Regular
Posts: 610
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:03 am
Location: New Jersey

Postby Lavender Saiyan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:14 am

NeptuneKai wrote:I also feel he is limiting the footage he can use by just using free clips from Dragonball arena. There are only so many clips on that site and sooner or later there's going to be more reused footage then the Sailor Moon anime.

Actually he stopped doing that long ago. I'm guessing when he started the Saga Re-Tellings (Episode 23 or so).
*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*
*Dodges rocks*

User avatar
Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Postby Forgotten Hero » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:48 am

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi wrote:This is funny and all, but I still have one little suggestion. I think it would be a good idea to get a new mic, or at least fix the audio in Audicity or something.

I agree, the audio could be better.

Gozar, do you have your videos on a personal website?
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

User avatar
Pain
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: South City
Contact:

Postby Pain » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:
Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi wrote:This is funny and all, but I still have one little suggestion. I think it would be a good idea to get a new mic, or at least fix the audio in Audicity or something.

I agree, the audio could be better.

Gozar, do you have your videos on a personal website?


I think he did at some point.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"

Member #:2148

Post Rank: #33

Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece

Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom



Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5801
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Postby jjgp1112 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:17 pm

I liked the part where Goku quit, and Piccolo kept saying, "YOU STILL HAVE THE KAIOKEN!!!!!!!"

I've been watching your vids since last year. Keep it up.
Last edited by jjgp1112 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
SSJ2bardock
I Live Here
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Chicago

Postby SSJ2bardock » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:23 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:I liked the part where Goku quit, and Piccolo kept saying, "YOU STILL HAVE THE KAIOKEN!!!!!!!"

I've been watching your vids since last year. Keep it up.


I'm starting to warm up to ARDBZ, a little, but I thought that part was pretty funny.

Goku- "I no longer have any special techniques to help me win"

Piccolo- "You still have the Kaioken"

Goku- "I've used up all my special attacks"

Piccolo- "THE KAIOKEEEEEEEEEN!!!"
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

User avatar
Lavender Saiyan
Regular
Posts: 610
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:03 am
Location: New Jersey

Postby Lavender Saiyan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:11 am

Though not really "ARDBZ"...I loved the whole Live Action Movie/Piccolo thing. It made me giggle. :lol:
*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*

*Dodges rocks*

User avatar
Remix
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:

Re: Alternate Reality DragonBall Z

Postby Remix » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:39 am

Gozar wrote:Just let's please not have any TFS Vs.Me debates. :)


Why not?

Anyhow, I was never much of a fan of this particular series.
Hi, I'm WeeklyTubeShow. Innagadadavida and I like to make videos.

Perhaps you'd like to see one.

User avatar
SSJ2bardock
I Live Here
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Alternate Reality DragonBall Z

Postby SSJ2bardock » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Remix wrote:
Gozar wrote:Just let's please not have any TFS Vs.Me debates. :)


Why not?

Anyhow, I was never much of a fan of this particular series.


Because the only reason this was made was to have a HQ for both series to discuss and to avoid those arguments because they always end in somebody looking like an idiot.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

User avatar
bkev
I Live Here
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Twitter. Tweet-Tweet.

Postby bkev » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Hehe, that new live action thing was funny.
Brakus wrote:For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here
Posts: 3499
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: West City

Postby SSj_Rambo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:16 pm

bkev wrote:Hehe, that new live action thing was funny.

Very well done, I especially love how you used the rare choral piece from Dragonball movie 2 (it's my favorite song from the show :D ).

By the way Gozar, I love the background you're currently using for you're Youtube page. And just for you're information, Funimation has totally removed the page that you can get that picture from and left the page that only has that picture, as if they kept it just for you to use! :wink:


Return to “Fan-Created Works”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dbgtFO, Mattias_, wakabayashy and 4 guests