WeeklyTubeShow (DBZ Parody Dubs) (NSFW)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: WeeklyTubeShow (DBZ Parody Dubs) (NSFW)

Post by dario03 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Wow, I know this is your thread but still this is some pretty powerful thread necromancy here. You must be powerful in the dark arts.

Also good work on all this and the Cell games crossover videos. Cell Vs Kenshiro is awesome.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue May 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Hey everybody! I'm really proud to show off some of the latest dubs we've been working on since last time I posted. We remade the original Piccolo Lays A Beating and added what is basically a whole new video to the beginning. And we also dubbed the scene where Krillin powers up through the help of the grand elder on Namek. Let us know what you think!

Piccolo Lays A Beating (2017)

We take on the fight between Piccolo and Android 13! As Android 13 powers up in an incredibly immature way, Piccolo begins to rethink his life's philosophy. Maybe it's time to do a little growing up? I ordered the FUNimation Blu-Rays to edit this video. The high-def footage made my computer chug along at a snails pace, but in the end I think the video looks really nice. We're always trying to increase the quality of the footage, audio, and writing.

Krillin Powers Up

Originally an idea Remix came up with in 2010, we finally got around to making a full fledged dubbed skit! In this one Krillin gets a surprise "power up" that he wasn't expecting. The Namekian Grand Elder seems to have it out for the bald monk. Worlds collide and cultures clash as Krillin attempts to communicate with the alien leader.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue May 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:Hey everybody! I'm really proud to show off some of the latest dubs we've been working on since last time I posted. We remade the original Piccolo Lays A Beating and added what is basically a whole new video to the beginning. And we also dubbed the scene where Krillin powers up through the help of the grand elder on Namek. Let us know what you think!

Piccolo Lays A Beating (2017)

We take on the fight between Piccolo and Android 13! As Android 13 powers up in an incredibly immature way, Piccolo begins to rethink his life's philosophy. Maybe it's time to do a little growing up? I ordered the FUNimation Blu-Rays to edit this video. The high-def footage made my computer chug along at a snails pace, but in the end I think the video looks really nice. We're always trying to increase the quality of the footage, audio, and writing.

Krillin Powers Up

Originally an idea Remix came up with in 2010, we finally got around to making a full fledged dubbed skit! In this one Krillin gets a surprise "power up" that he wasn't expecting. The Namekian Grand Elder seems to have it out for the bald monk. Worlds collide and cultures clash as Krillin attempts to communicate with the alien leader.
I was curious what you thought about TFS paying homage to your "Piccolo Lays a Beating" video. I never see anybody mention that they did so I wasn't sure if anybody even noticed.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:20 pm

cheddarsword wrote:I was curious what you thought about TFS paying homage to your "Piccolo Lays a Beating" video. I never see anybody mention that they did so I wasn't sure if anybody even noticed.
Well, it's funny because of the fact that Remix played Kami in TFS's show, he was actually a part of that whole bit in their version of Movie 7. So they more-or-less had his blessing to make the reference. We're good buddies with the guys at TFS and some of those guys have been fans of WeeklyTubeShow for a long time. You can actually see in the first pages of this thread KaiserNeko inadvertently helped Remix and I get in contact when he advised me to take down my re-uploads of his old vids. That was the beginning of Remix and I getting in touch, so the story of WeeklyTubeShow is pretty closely intertwined with DBZ:A. Over the years though they became way more popular than WTS. For good reason, those guys work so hard, I have nothing but respect for their work ethic. I talked a little bit with the guys at TeamFourStar about this very topic on the TeamFourStar podcast, which you can hear at this link:

https://soundcloud.com/teamfourstar/tfs ... he-podcast

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:58 am

I really liked the Kuririn power up scene, but the scene "Piccolo lays a beating" not so much.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm so glad you guys are back! Hopefully we can get the other dubs back too, like the Joker one and the other non-DB ones. Can we expect Rapeman to come back?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:09 pm

sangofe wrote:I really liked the Kuririn power up scene, but the scene "Piccolo lays a beating" not so much.
Thanks for your comment, I share the view that Krillin Powers Up is better, however I'm curious if you could go into more detail about what you didn't like about Piccolo Lays A Beating (2017). All feedback is appreciated.
MarCas92 wrote:I'm so glad you guys are back! Hopefully we can get the other dubs back too, like the Joker one and the other non-DB ones. Can we expect Rapeman to come back?
Thanks! I'd love to see those old batman videos back, however we have long since lost those original files and have not been able to track down a backup. If you know anybody that has access to it, let me know. As far as Rapeman, I'm sure you're aware of the sensitivity surrounding the subject matter (to say the least). Aside from just wanting to distance ourselves from that, we also have regret about the way the subject was handled in our comedy. Of course we did not create the source material, and our intention was only to poke fun at the original OVA, but we received a handful of disturbing comments that made us feel uneasy. The video was taken down in violation of YouTube's TOS. It still exists on the internet, but we will no longer be promoting that series of parody videos due to these events. If you'd like to hear more you can listen to our full comments and analysis in this podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRE-ohHfuUk

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Dende's Brownie - (Dragon Dub Redux)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e_7H3kfRXI

Hey, everyone in their late 20s and older: 'member when the Kid's Cuisine mascot was a chicken, not a penguin? :D

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:29 pm

I love these guys.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Innagadadavida wrote: Thanks! I'd love to see those old batman videos back, however we have long since lost those original files and have not been able to track down a backup. If you know anybody that has access to it, let me know. As far as Rapeman, I'm sure you're aware of the sensitivity surrounding the subject matter (to say the least). Aside from just wanting to distance ourselves from that, we also have regret about the way the subject was handled in our comedy. Of course we did not create the source material, and our intention was only to poke fun at the original OVA, but we received a handful of disturbing comments that made us feel uneasy. The video was taken down in violation of YouTube's TOS. It still exists on the internet, but we will no longer be promoting that series of parody videos due to these events. If you'd like to hear more you can listen to our full comments and analysis in this podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRE-ohHfuUk

I've looked for those dubs haven't found them apart from Rapeman. Heard the podcast, I can totally see where you guys are coming from, in retrospect would you have done the videos differently or just never done them at all?

Also, can I just say that I love how you guys are not only updating old videos but keeping the old ones as well! I love comparing and it's nice to see how far anime parody dubs have come. Keep up the great work guys! Every time I show your videos to friends they love them!

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 pm

So according to the FB, Innagadadavida just quit and they got rid of all the redux videos!!! NOOOOOOOOO! So upset this happened. Hope there wasn't a falling out (but there probably was). So sad. I really liked all the redux videos. Shame you guys are taking them down. Can you explain why? I see no reason to.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 am

Yeah I found out on twitter this morning. Damn shame, they were a good team. I hope they can find ways to be friends again.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:12 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Yeah I found out on twitter this morning. Damn shame, they were a good team. I hope they can find ways to be friends again.
Well he was in the latest dub, so they're probably still on good terms at least. Either that or they had been working on this for a long time.

Also, "IV" on Facebook! Is Rapeman returning? Ah shieeet!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 pm

MarCas92 wrote:Is Rapeman returning? Ah shieeet!
Out of context, that could be a real problem. :lol: