If there is a new series, what title would you suggest?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If there is a new series, what title would you suggest?

Post by Cipher » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:16 am

Dragon Ball Super 2: Dragon Ball 5

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:39 am

Another logical choice of mine would be Dragon Ball Super Z. You know, like from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z.

Another joke title would be Super Mecha King Dragon Ball Z Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken x20 :lol:

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:44 pm

I really like the idea of naming it Dragon Ball V. But I'm sure it'll be something like Ultra, or Super Z.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Dragonball Again - It's back again
Should I tell a friend?

As far as DragonBall sub-titles go, I always figured it was tough to continue them without sounding silly. Not impossible, mind you. Out of all that's been stated, I like DragonBall Beyond the most (even though I can't stop thinking of Terry McGinnis as the lead), and would have definitely used it for an EoZ fanfic, had that not already been a thing.

As for my choice, I think I'd try going for something very simple and dependent on when the series would take place, in the same way as "DragonBall Z". "DragonBall EoZ" if it leads to the end after Super and tells a final story, "DragonBall Future" if it goes beyond into GT territory, or even "DragonBall V" as OmegaRockman mentioned, if they choose to go the Pokémon route with many more series to follow.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

Chousho

Post by Chousho » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:34 am

Dragon Ball Wish
A throwback to the original Dragon Ball and its sense of adventure and sense of purpose in story-telling. The characters had their own personalities, desires, fears, hopes, experiences and depth. We see both the competitive and comradery (and a combination of the two) natures of Son Goku and Kuririn, a bandit who doesn't care about others turn into a thoughtful and endearing friend in Yamucha, a sworn enemy who tries to kill Son Goku turn into a friend and companion with Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Piccolo Jr (although he comes around later in Z). It's clear that although others may try to kill or hurt him, Son Goku gives people the benefit of the doubt that they can be somebody better. He doesn't fight to conquer or to show dominance – he does it to improve hi skills, to learn from others, and enjoy sparring for the art he sees it as.

I could write for hours about how DB Super compares with DB and DBZ; however, my main highlight is DB showcased the story of a boy maturing into an adult, while still being able to keep his naivety, curiosity, and passion for the things he loves and the people around him.