Will "Ultimate Battle" return?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Will "Ultimate Battle" return?

Post by DSB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:53 am

A Couple of days ago i saw a post that the "Broly" chant theme was inspired from the "Jiren" chants in Mexico during the Ep 130/131 screening event there. Which means the higher up know about whats popular and what is not.

Ultimate battle is the greatest insert song of the series and its still used like Bohemian Rhapsody on reddit [a poster starts with "Ka Ka ... Kachi daze" and the comments below him start typing the rest of the lyrics].

So, do they know how popular the song is? What are the chances that we will see it used again?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Will "Ultimate Battle" return?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:10 pm

DSB wrote:A Couple of days ago i saw a post that the "Broly" chant theme was inspired from the "Jiren" chants in Mexico during the Ep 130/131 screening event there. Which means the higher up know about whats popular and what is not.

Ultimate battle is the greatest insert song of the series and its still used like Bohemian Rhapsody on reddit [a poster starts with "Ka Ka ... Kachi daze" and the comments below him start typing the rest of the lyrics].

So, do they know how popular the song is? What are the chances that we will see it used again?
I was hoping they would use it in SDBH when Goku used UI against Cumber, but no such luck.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:27 pm

It's a really good song. So it has every right to make it comeback when Toei feels it's necessary to use it.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It's a really good song. So it has every right to make it comeback when Toei feels it's necessary to use it.
It may come down to who owns the song rights and what company’s music wants to be promoted in a Dragon Ball anime.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:57 pm

I really, really hope not. It "returned" enough in its debut arc. More than enough.

Love the song, but it already wore out its welcome for me.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Why would you want it to? It got spammed enough during hte TOP where it became annoying.

Repeating insert songs is completely unnecessary. It'd be like hearing spirit vs spirit again after gohan going SSJ2 whenever Gohan does something great. No thanks.