Watching Super before Resurrection F?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Watching Super before Resurrection F?

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:19 pm

So now that a plot summary of Super has been released (which I'm too afraid to read because I might be spoiled), is it okay if I begin to watch DB Super before Resurrection F? I was waiting to watch the film in U.S. theaters next month, but will I be confused or anything if I watch the first few episodes of Super beforehand?
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Watching Super before Resurrection F?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Super is readapting Battle of Gods and Resurrection F for the TV audience before getting to actual new content. We should still be in the Battle of Gods Arc by the time Resurrection F hits theaters, so you should probably be fine to avoid spoilers in both directions.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:12 am

Literally nothing happened in Resurrection F. It was just a bunch of fighting. It didn't have much of anything we didn't already know.

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:55 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Super is readapting Battle of Gods and Resurrection F for the TV audience before getting to actual new content. We should still be in the Battle of Gods Arc by the time Resurrection F hits theaters, so you should probably be fine to avoid spoilers in both directions.
Wait, really? We're basically gonna be watching the movies again? That's pretty disappointing. But it doesn't seem that way, judging from the first two episode titles.

How are people reacting to this in the Super discussion thread, if you don't mind me asking? I don't wanna check it myself, because again, spoilers.
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:15 am

Reactions are the expected mixed bag. Some people think its a waste and we should move on to new stuff now, others don't really care. Some of us understand the logic behind it and are just interested to see what they change and some are excited and hope Toriyama/Toei take the chance to fix things said person didn't like about the originals.

Seriously though, we don't know enough about the series right now for you to worry about spoilers. Everything we have is just very basic info from the promotional material, episode titles (and the manga chapter, which at least has been half spoiled by the trailer we got). Anyway, this should give you a brief idea of what's going on, with just the sparse details officially revealed by Toei, if you want it:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:24 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Reactions are the expected mixed bag. Some people think its a waste and we should move on to new stuff now, others don't really care. Some of us understand the logic behind it and are just interested to see what they change and some are excited and hope Toriyama/Toei take the chance to fix things said person didn't like about the originals.

Seriously though, we don't know enough about the series right now for you to worry about spoilers. Everything we have is just very basic info from the promotional material, episode titles (and the manga chapter, which at least has been half spoiled by the trailer we got). Anyway, this should give you a brief idea of what's going on, with just the sparse details officially revealed by Toei, if you want it:
Okay, I see. Thank you.