Scenes that the english dub does better.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Scenes that the english dub does better.

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:57 pm

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by TVfan721 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Everything in the dub is better then the Japanese version.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Vegeta's Final Flash and the entire episode 191. There are more but I don't feel like posting all of them.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:11 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:Everything in the dub is better then the Japanese version.
What's up with you today? Just feel like trolling? :lol:

Anyway, about the topic. I don't really know. I gave up comparing the two a long time ago. I like some of the voices better in the dub. But I prefer some of the Japanese as well.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Last edited by TVfan721 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 pm

tvfan721 wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:

So because he said he likes everything about the english better, that makes him a troll?
When it's NeptuneKai? Possibly..

I don't know if there's anything I like more than the Japanese version, but the English music for the SSJ3 transformation scene is pretty cool.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Bussani wrote:I don't know if there's anything I like more than the Japanese version, but the English music for the SSJ3 transformation scene is pretty cool.
That x10. I loved that music. It is definitely my favorite piece of dub music.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Vegeta turning Super Saiyan, The entire episode when Gohan kills Cell, and The World's Strongest. There are several "little" scenes that I just prefer to watch in English because that's what I saw first and thus like more. I can't think of them all right now though...and the Vegeta vs Recoome fight was pretty good in the dub too.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:

I don't know I'm just sick of these debates. "I hate Nozawa, the dub isn't appreciated, the Bruce music is better!" I'm just so apathetic about these matters nowadays they aren't even worth arguing about. If someone wants to hear how awesome and super cool their favorite version of the show is I'm just going to give the what they want. I can argue with people until I'm blue in the face but it doesn't do anything but waste my time. It seems like whenever a new member joins Daizex and sees some people laughing about the dub they immediately get overly defensive and we end up with something like this.

I don't think the dub did jack shit better then the original at all but if I said that then then I'd ensue a massive shit storm. So fuck it the dub is so super awesome, if that's what you want that's what I'm going to give you.

I don't mean to dump on this thread I'm just getting so fucking sick of this fandom in general. I'm taking a break from the show but I'm probably going to have to take a break from this entire community. I love a lot of the members here but I'm just so sick of hearing the same bitching over and over and over and over from the same people. For every funny or insightful post there's 5 others with cliche' complaints about how much "KAKAROTTO SUX" or "THE DUB>SUB" or "DIMPS R SO STOOPID!"

I think this will be my goodbye to Daizex for awhile. It's been fun guys but I can't take much more of this.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Last edited by TVfan721 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Oh, I like the dub of Movie 8 over the original. But that's about it....had to think for a while there.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Wait wait wait what the hell

I didn't expect something like that from what I assumed was a NeptuneKai joke post. Sigh. See you when you get back, Neptune.

Right, about the dub... I used to strongly prefer the post-Majin Buu scene where Goku says 'I love you' to Chichi, and was very disappointed to learn that he said no such thing in the original. Now I'd probably prefer the original slightly because it's easier to believe due to being more in-character and "Hey, I'm back and sticking around for good (Or at least that's the plan for now, I might or might not dump you in ten years like a hot potato)" isn't such a bad thing either, but this was the dub's strongest advantage to me for a long time and I still appreciate both versions.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:48 pm

SSJ4 Gogeta scene!! The music is so..... EPIC!!!
NeptuneKai wrote:<SNIP>
You dont have to post on the same subjects you are getting sick of. Just ignore and post something on the new subjects. There are always something new everyday.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:22 am

Babidi's voice

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:57 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:You dont have to post on the same subjects you are getting sick of. Just ignore and post something on the new subjects. There are always something new everyday.
I've noticed, within the past week or so, that all the topics suck. With the exception of a few, most of the General Discussion has been pretty boring lately. Although, I don't think it's entirely the fault of new members.

I wish more people posted in the Fanworks, that's my favorite part of Dragon Ball. If people actually posted their and other people's fanworks and commented more often, I'd be great. VegettoEX might as well rename that place "DBMulitiverse, DBZAbridged, and sometimes DBAF." Sigh... One can dream.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 am

Innagadadavida wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:You dont have to post on the same subjects you are getting sick of. Just ignore and post something on the new subjects. There are always something new everyday.
I've noticed, within the past week or so, that all the topics suck. With the exception of a few, most of the General Discussion has been pretty boring lately. Although, I don't think it's entirely the fault of new members.

I wish more people posted in the Fanworks, that's my favorite part of Dragon Ball. If people actually posted their and other people's fanworks and commented more often, I'd be great. VegettoEX might as well rename that place "DBMulitiverse, DBZAbridged, and sometimes DBAF." Sigh... One can dream.
Alas, I'm pretty sue that If we did all put up our stuff, there is very little discussion-provoking Dragonball fanworks in existence. Maybe a page or so, but I don't think the average work can stimulate the forum in the way that some of the General and DB Question threads do.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 am

Innagadadavida wrote:I wish more people posted in the Fanworks, that's my favorite part of Dragon Ball. ... Sigh... One can dream.
Stay tuned, buddy. I'm whipping up something pretty cool for the FanWorks section that I'll be posting tomorrow night.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:06 am

I do think we're in the middle of a lull-in-the-action when it comes to General Discussion. I'm sure something will happen eventually though that'll get us all talking again. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:41 am

Chuquita wrote:I do think we're in the middle of a lull-in-the-action when it comes to General Discussion. I'm sure something will happen eventually though that'll get us all talking again. :3
Kinda strange though, considering all the news lately. :(

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 am

Innagadadavida wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I do think we're in the middle of a lull-in-the-action when it comes to General Discussion. I'm sure something will happen eventually though that'll get us all talking again. :3
Kinda strange though, considering all the news lately. :(

I know, right? What with the DB season sets, Kai in general, and those three new games coming out...

*Wants a sequel to "Ossu! Kaette Kita Son Gokuu to Nakama-tachi!!"*
I had so much fun speculating on that special; trying to figure out what the "new" characters were like and who the vaguely Vegeta-ish looking one was (and being shocked upon finding out he's Vegeta's brother; or that he even has a brother at all); not to mention all those character sheets...

Something interesting will eventually have to happen.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!