Your Dragonball-related guilty pleasures

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:17 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:We tried to meditate and raise our power level like everyday too. :roll: Hehe.
Hehe. Well, if you (or anyone else reading this) is ever interested I can whip up some fun little things to read and some basic stuff to experiment with that have their origins in Ki concentration. Nothing major or requiring martial arts experience, but maybe helpful in whatever it is you wanna apply it to.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Kendamu wrote:
nathantheguitarist wrote:We tried to meditate and raise our power level like everyday too. :roll: Hehe.
Hehe. Well, if you (or anyone else reading this) is ever interested I can whip up some fun little things to read and some basic stuff to experiment with that have their origins in Ki concentration. Nothing major or requiring martial arts experience, but maybe helpful in whatever it is you wanna apply it to.
Why not? :)
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Kendamu wrote:
Sounds interesting enough, but it just won't be the same without looking over a cliff face. :cry:

I've moved since then, and now there's just a stupid town everywhere. No forest or rocks or mountains in walking distance. Bleh... But there's a Walmart! :lol:

But anyways, if you've got the time, sure man post it. I need something interesting to read.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:52 pm

I'll work on it over the weekend. I don't have anything whipped up at the moment and I'd like to properly cite my sources.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Kendamu wrote:I'll work on it over the weekend. I don't have anything whipped up at the moment and I'd like to properly cite my sources.
That's no problem, take your time. ;)

I'll be looking forward to it. 8)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:59 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:09 pm

I know one or two people here thinking "Uh-oh" as soon as they see my name responding to this thread so here we go...

Dragonball Hentai. Does that count? Now I'm modern day Roshi but I don't collect Dragonball Hentai to get my jollies on. I collect cartoon erotica. It's a cool hobby, I know. I buy cels from adult cartoon, sexy statues (Japanese or American), adult comic books etc. Dragonball Hentai just so happens to be on that list. It's interesting enough to me to admire it in my own weird non-perverted way.

Now another legit guilty pleasure: When no one is around I like to listen to the American version of the DBZ opening, "Fight the Dragon." God help me, I love the music even though I know how absolutely terrible it is. I would even have it as my ring tone if I wasn't so embarrassed by it.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Scarz wrote:I know one or two people here thinking "Uh-oh" as soon as they see my name responding to this thread so here we go...

Dragonball Hentai. Does that count? Now I'm modern day Roshi but I don't collect Dragonball Hentai to get my jollies on. I collect cartoon erotica. It's a cool hobby, I know. I buy cels from adult cartoon, sexy statues (Japanese or American), adult comic books etc. Dragonball Hentai just so happens to be on that list. It's interesting enough to me to admire it in my own weird non-perverted way.
Riiiiight Mr.Scarz, just remind me never to touch your statues. :wink:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Dragon Ball Z as whole.

I hate it, but I still enjoy it, if that makes any sense.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
Scarz wrote:I know one or two people here thinking "Uh-oh" as soon as they see my name responding to this thread so here we go...

That's Ms. Scarz to you buddy. :)

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:19 pm

Scarz wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:

That's Ms. Scarz to you buddy. :)
WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:19 pm

Scarz wrote:Now another legit guilty pleasure: When no one is around I like to listen to the American version of the DBZ opening, "Fight the Dragon." God help me, I love the music even though I know how absolutely terrible it is. I would even have it as my ring tone if I wasn't so embarrassed by it.
You love it so much yet you can't even get the title? :shock:

DRAGON, DRAGON, ROCK THE DRAGON DRAGON BALL ZEEEEEEEEE YAH
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:20 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Scarz wrote:Now another legit guilty pleasure: When no one is around I like to listen to the American version of the DBZ opening, "Fight the Dragon." God help me, I love the music even though I know how absolutely terrible it is. I would even have it as my ring tone if I wasn't so embarrassed by it.

I can understand, the lyrics are plentiful and complex. :P

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:26 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:

I can understand, the lyrics are plentiful and complex. :P
Bob Dylan's got you in his scope. :wink:

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:27 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS!
:lol:
The Tori-bot wrote:

Oops I meant to write "Rock the Dragon" I have no idea why I typed "Fight the dragon". Great I have the song stuck in my head again...Why do I love it so much!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:30 pm

I guess for me it would be buying random stuff that I have no way of utilizing or understanding (i.e. a LaserDisc, from Japan, in full Japanese, which I have no way of playing or understanding if I were able to play it).

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Scarz wrote:Oops I meant to write "Rock the Dragon" I have no idea why I typed "Fight the dragon". Great I have the song stuck in my head again...Why do I love it so much!
Perhaps because it's catchy and classic? That intro is better than GT rap song, IMO
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Scarz wrote:Oops I meant to write "Rock the Dragon" I have no idea why I typed "Fight the dragon". Great I have the song stuck in my head again...Why do I love it so much!
Perhaps because it's catchy and classic? That intro is better than GT rap song, IMO
This is better than the GT rap.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:49 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
This is better than the GT rap.
I'm really at a loss for words here. I'm determined to make this my ring tone.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Sin wrote:Occasionally when I'm alone I will concentrate embarrassingly hard and try to 'power-up' or do the Kamehameha, in all seriousness.
Welcome to my middle school life. My friends and I spent hours at a time trying to pull that shit off after seeing that one episode where Gohan teaches Videl to fly.

There was also a day I spent home alone and I took a mic and tried to time how long I could go shouting(as if I was powering up), 00:01:05! :lol:
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?