Your Dragonball-related guilty pleasures

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Choujin Daizenshuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Choujin Daizenshuu » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Sin wrote:Occasionally when I'm alone I will concentrate embarrassingly hard and try to 'power-up' or do the Kamehameha, in all seriousness.
Did you drop a load?

RemiLeopold

Post by RemiLeopold » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Oh god, Daizex, you're bringing back memories.

When I was 8, I had a couple of older friends (around 12), that convinced me I was a Saiyan. One of them even got their *FUCKING BUFF STATE CHAMPION WRESTLER* elder brother, 17 years old, in on it. He "challenged" me to a "fight", and I used "kaioken" on him, and I "won".

I felt pretty awesome that spring break... and then I went back to my regular 3rd grade life, tried to smash bullies with Kamehamehas, and got my ass kicked worse than before. Thanks; Middle School Douchebags :D!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Choujin Daizenshuu wrote:
Sin wrote:Occasionally when I'm alone I will concentrate embarrassingly hard and try to 'power-up' or do the Kamehameha, in all seriousness.
Did you drop a load?

If they did, it's nothing to be afraid of. Even Goku's done it before.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:40 pm

I subconsciously do the "rkkrk-" thing when I'm picking up heavy things and doing other stressful activities instead of grunting.

And when I'm alone, I'll shout random attack moves.

All of you do it. Don't lie to me.

Oh, and I've tried to fandub a scene or two, but now I'm hesitant to upload them (thanks to the Toei zerg rush).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:50 pm

I do the arm motions to "fire" a Kamehameha at my sister CONSTANTLY.

It annoys her to no end.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 pm

RemiLeopold wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:I am a big fan of the American soundtrack for "the History of Trunks". That movie is what got me into the band Dream Theater and was a heavy inspiration for drumming. 8)

To this Day "Scenes from a Memory" is one of my favorite albums of all time.
I don't really think that should count as a "guilty pleasure" though, Dream Theater is an incredible band.

A "guilty pleasure" is something that, if someone caught you doing and went "wtf", you'd be fumbling over yourself to explain.
Liking Dream Theater isn't a guilty pleasure, but liking the History of Trunks Funi soundtrack sure is. I hate when Funi just tosses songs like that in.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:37 am

I cosplay as DragonBall characters. XD
My dad is still interested in seeing the photos.. D;

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 am

Kendamu wrote:I own a Kame dougi t-shirt.
Jealousy ;______;
The Tori-bot wrote:This is better than the GT rap.
This is the greatest thing ever.

My guilty pleasure is buying Dragon Ball Gashapons. I've got tons of them, I don't even have space to put them anywhere anymore, I've spent loads of money, but I keep buying them, I've got almost all the villains! Next collection: Sauza and Restricted Super Saiyan Broli! :D

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:52 am

I still play Final Bout.

And hate every minute of it.
I'm not ready for this.

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:46 am

Ultimate Battle 22!

That was the game to play, so sloppy but with great music and presentation, I really liked it!

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Ah, imitating the Kamehameha move when you're by yourself.

Pfft! I imitate the bloody Burning Attack (for lack of a better name) when I'm by myself. I'm pretty good at it too. Now if only it would actually spawn a bright yellow ball of destruction...
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:49 pm

chibi_goten wrote:Ultimate Battle 22!

That was the game to play, so sloppy but with great music and presentation, I really liked it!
Holy crap, how could I forget this, what a fantastic, yet horrible game.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 pm

How about rehearsing Recoome's poses? One day I will cosplay as Recoome and use his poses, don't worry, I'll record a video and share it with you all! :D

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

DNA wrote:How about rehearsing Recoome's poses? One day I will cosplay as Recoome and use his poses, don't worry, I'll record a video and share it with you all! :D
Considering you're from the UK, I'll make sure I see this. :D

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Rory wrote:Considering you're from the UK, I'll make sure I see this. :D
Sorry to disappoint, I live in the UK, but am actually from Portugal. If I do it, it will most probably be in Portugal :P

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 pm

I once did the "kkkkkkkkkkkk" sound the characters make in the Japanese version when they're angry to open a jar. I'm not sure if I'd call it a guilty pleasure though because it worked.
­

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Taku128 wrote:I once did the "kkkkkkkkkkkk" sound the characters make in the Japanese version when they're angry to open a jar. I'm not sure if I'd call it a guilty pleasure though because it worked.
Maybe a bit off-topic, but I never did understand that sound. I mean, I've done my fair share of strenuous activity and endured a fair bit of pain, but I never started... well, making that kind of sound. Maybe it's a Japanese thing? =P

As for my guilty pleasures... well, I occasionally do kamehameha hand motions when I'm bored (not full re-enactments), and I happen to think that Goten and Trunks are the cutest pair ever. Don't tell your friends, though--it's a secret! ;)

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Tweaker wrote:
Taku128 wrote:I once did the "kkkkkkkkkkkk" sound the characters make in the Japanese version when they're angry to open a jar. I'm not sure if I'd call it a guilty pleasure though because it worked.
Maybe a bit off-topic, but I never did understand that sound. I mean, I've done my fair share of strenuous activity and endured a fair bit of pain, but I never started... well, making that kind of sound. Maybe it's a Japanese thing? =P
Reminds me of the breathing in a Ki-development-based Karate Kata called Sanchin.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:36 pm

DNA wrote:How about rehearsing Recoome's poses? One day I will cosplay as Recoome and use his poses, don't worry, I'll record a video and share it with you all! :D
Trying to find the photo on facebook but there is one of me and my friends taking our senior band group photo and we are doing the Ginyu pose in the back of the bleachers.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:23 am

Alright. I PMed everyone who said they were interested in my notes on Ki. I didn't feel like making a wall-of-text that was completely off-topic.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co