What scene in the anime had you excited the most?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What scene in the anime had you excited the most?

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Sure, there are a lot of "wow" moments that were present in the show, but which one really had your heart pumping with the most excitement?
Currently, I'm in the Frieza saga in the orange bricks and after viewing the episodes that I did last night, I still, and will always say the moment where Goku lands on the battle field and confronts Frieza, is the single most memorable moment. Everything that happens on Namek is my favorite portion of the 291 episode journey.
It's just like the Japanese narrarator says, "How long has this moment been anticipated?" I mean, Goku shows up, Krillin, Gohan and Piccolo are like "wtf?", and Frieza has no clue who Goku is, but he recognizes him as that last saiyan he gazed upon while destroying Planet Vegeta.
When you think about, too, if it wasn't for training in 100* gravity, having fought Ginyu AND being healed in that rejuvination tank, he wouldn't have been able to stand a chance against Frieza before he started to use 50 percent of his maximum.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Goku vs Cell. Gorgeously animated, incredibley fast, and a completely satisfying fight, even if it is somewhat anti-climatic. It's the ultimate hero vs the ultimate villain. Confined to a Budokai ring, with so much on the line, it's hard not to get excited over such a fight.
Also, the style of the fight is brilliant, it's much more physical that most fights in Z, and is 2nd only to Piccolo vs #17 in the hard hitting fights.
But it's exactly what I think of when I think of the "Z" portion of Dragonball.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Rory wrote:Goku vs Cell. Gorgeously animated, incredibley fast, and a completely satisfying fight, even if it is somewhat anti-climatic. It's the ultimate hero vs the ultimate villain. Confined to a Budokai ring, with so much on the line, it's hard not to get excited over such a fight.
Also, the style of the fight is brilliant, it's much more physical that most fights in Z, and is 2nd only to Piccolo vs #17 in the hard hitting fights.
But it's exactly what I think of when I think of the "Z" portion of Dragonball.
This X 1000

Also, when Goku and Piccolo charged raditz in episode 4.... my god, so gorgeous...

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Tien vs Yamcha, for some reason.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Goku turning into SSJ3. But of course the stupid constipation episodes exist so I had to wait :?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:56 pm

The first time I saw Vegeta go SS(J).

I was 10 at the time(it was the FUNi dub) and I literally ran around the house yelling "No way, no way!" over and over.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Goku charges the 3 times Kioken at the begenning of episode 31, and then gives a smackdown at Vegeta.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:18 pm

When Goten and Trunks first fuse into Gotenks! :D

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Evil Boo vs Fat Boo was gorgeously animated. The best one so far.

Edit: Of course, the formation of Vegetto was the greatest and still is.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Goku turning into SSJ for the first time :D

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:42 pm

By "excited" you mean...I kid.

Goku vs. Jackie Chun. It was a classic story of Master Vs. Student!

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Goku turning SSJ for the first time.

Vegeta turning SSJ for the first time.

And, of course, Gohan turning SSJ2 for the first time. Greatest moment in anime history!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm

fps_anth wrote:And, of course, Gohan turning SSJ2 for the first time. Greatest moment in anime history!
Vegetto's creation was better, and didn't involve any stupid birds. *crosses arms*

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:Tenshinhan vs Yamcha, for some reason.
That is one of my favorite fights in the entire series.

My all time favorite is hard to say. Goku v Cell is an amazing fight. I also kinda like Goku v Kid Buu on the Supreme Kai's planet. I'm gonna have to go with the first Goku v Vegeta fight, such an epic battle. I've always been a big fan of the beginning of Z. Non-fights I'm going with Goku's SSJ3 transformation (w/ English music). Ahhh, freakin awesome!!!
Rocketman wrote:
fps_anth wrote:And, of course, Gohan turning SSJ2 for the first time. Greatest moment in anime history!
Vegetto's creation was better, and didn't involve any stupid birds. *crosses arms*
I didn't think Vegetto's creation was all that incredible. Gohan's transformation was pretty much built up the entire series, so it was pretty awesome to finally see him unleash his full potential under control.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Argh! So hard to choose!!

I think I've got to go with the Three-Times Kaiô-ken KameHame-Ha from Movie Two. Stunning music and performances by Nozawa and Kelamis.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Zuhalter2000 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
I didn't think Vegetto's creation was all that incredible. Gohan's transformation was pretty much built up the entire series, so it was pretty awesome to finally see him unleash his full potential under control.
You question Vegetto's majestic creation? Hey, guards! Take him away and prepare his execution!
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:52 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:You question Vegetto's majestic creation? Hey, guards! Take him away and prepare his execution!
I'll die a martyr!!!!

I do like Vegetto, but I didnt think that his creation was better than Gohan's transformation. I liked it in it own way (if that makes any sense).
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Goku vs. Krillin in the 22nd Budokai and Gohan turning SSj2 for the first time in the Cell Game.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:16 pm

*Goku vs Jackie Chun.
*Goku going SSJ3 for the first time.(dub music ruined it for me)
*Arrival of the Ginyu Force.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:27 pm

The scene that excited me the most was when Oob and Son fought at the tournament. For some reason, it just got me pumped, even though it ended prematurely.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black