Buying Dragonbox Z 2 from RightStuf

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Buying Dragonbox Z 2 from RightStuf

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:31 pm

You emailed them about it for me? :shock:

I guess I could've done that but I really didn't think anything would work immediately. Tomorrow I'm gonna go sell my stereo and some other things at the pawn shop though. I was planning on doing that, but now I just have to do it right away. :oops:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:49 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:You emailed them about it for me? :shock:

I guess I could've done that but I really didn't think anything would work immediately. Tomorrow I'm gonna go sell my stereo and some other things at the pawn shop though. I was planning on doing that, but now I just have to do it right away. :oops:

What? No, I didn't. Sorry if I seemed confusing.

BEFORE you go pawn stuff off that you may not want to give up, go to your back first and explain. Maybe bring the confirmation email you'll get and a product page from TRSI showing the release date and point out the giant difference between today's date and its release. Tell them that you'll get them money ASAP, but ask if your bank can waive the overdraft you would be getting for being in the hole.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

ShenEvil44

Post by ShenEvil44 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:24 am

Just got charged on my credit card myself from RightStuf. Let's see if I'll get it by next week. It sucks that some of you will get it earlier than me considering some of you live near the RightStuf HQ. Grr.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:15 am

Two day shipping. I'm expecting it to be here by early next week, considering they billed me today.

Shit, I guess I'd better start watching set one.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:35 am

Alas, My DragonBox has shipped.

Anyone else? :P
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Marcus Carr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marcus Carr » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:43 am

Box 2 has shipped!
KRILLIN IN THE NAME OF...

ACCloud
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ACCloud » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 am

Yup, mine just shipped today :mrgreen:
I sorta hope it's a little bit quicker than it was last time (I didn't get it until about 5 days after the official release), but I live in Australia so...I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Now, c'mon Bardock special!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:50 am

My Dragon Box 2 has shipped as well. I expect to get it either Friday or Saturday. Though, I don't think I'll have as much time to watch it considering all the video game and manga purchases I've done as well. The One Piece speed-up, Mass Effect 2, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom in particular.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:57 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:My Dragon Box 2 has shipped as well. I expect to get it either Friday or Saturday. Though, I don't think I'll have as much time to watch it considering all the video game and manga purchases I've done as well. The One Piece speed-up, Mass Effect 2, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom in particular.
Well, I probably won't be getting mine for another week or two, so be sure to post LOTS of pictures!
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

INVINCEABLE
Not-So-Newbie

Post by INVINCEABLE » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 am

My order has been shipped. Not only was the price incredibly low, but we also get it several days early. Thanks, Right Stuf.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:47 am

Nice! I checked my bank account as well and have a $40.99 charge! I expect a shipping confirmation tomorrow! :D

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:24 am

I recieved shipping confirmation as well,from Axelmusic
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:25 am

Order has been shipped! Rightstuf and I will never argue again.

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 am

Yay! Right Stuf shipped it yesterday and It'll be here sometime today. :mrgreen:

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 am

Haseowolf wrote:
nathantheguitarist wrote:Fuck.... I figured, since the first one came out on the 17th, and this one on the 16th, they'd charge my bank account a day less then the first time, which would've been the 2nd (it was the 3rd last Box).

Now I'm -$40 in the bank. Dammit Rightstuf. I wish their emails would just say when they're shipping shit, rather than beating around the bush about it. "We're working on it!" and "This item is on backorder" and the other random things they send you aren't very helpful to people with tight budgets...

I'm :mrgreen: and I'm :evil: with Rightstuf.

I know what you mean. I had $2.77 in my account before I went and deposited my financial aide check at 11:30 a.m. If I hadn't got that check in yesterday (I don't get paid from my job till around midnight tonight) I woulda seriously been in the hole. While I appreciate TRSI for shipping early, it seems like its not without its downsides. We all know that TRSI "might" ship their stuff early, so its a good idea to make sure you've got the money in the bank for at least a month before release, but it's really a bad business practice without letting your customers know you'll be charging them WEEKS before schedule.

Send them an e-mail describing your situation, see what they say and find out what would be the best way to rectify it. If that doesn't work, go to your bank, tell them what happened, and see if they can waive your overdraft since it was in no way your fault.
I'm glad I thought ahead, then. I mean, TSRI has a history of shipping out FUNimation products early. TSRI shipped out the last Dragonbox about half a month early. So, this time, I thought to myself, "I should probably keep some extra padding in my bank account and not buy a bunch of stuff I don't need because TSRI's shipping is sometimes unpredictable."
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:59 pm

AxelMusic sent me a shipping confirmation e-mail! :D

pjay
Beyond Newbie

Post by pjay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:00 pm

LOL checking my bank account was how I found out my order had shipped too. :mrgreen:

SonGokuGT wrote:Nice! I checked my bank account as well and have a $40.99 charge! I expect a shipping confirmation tomorrow! :D

isucamper

Post by isucamper » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 pm

i had a shipping confirmation email last night at 2AM and I'm 2 hours from them

hope I get it today

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm

According to the tracking at UPS, my Dragon Box arrived at my home at 12:59 p.m. Now I just have to get home from school and swim in its sweet deliciousity. 4:15 p.m. Central Time couldn't be further away, yet so close at the same time.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:24 pm

They shipped yours UPS? Is that only for the faster shipping options? Because the first D Box I had an error because USPS couldn't send to my physical address, and I used economy shipping.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!