Least favourite character

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Least favourite character

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:31 am

How about they consider the fans that don't want Broly being ridiculously overpowered in every recent game and are frankly sick and tired of the video game companies pandering to the Broly fanboys?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KakaR0T » Fri May 07, 2010 5:19 pm

Unless she's making herself useful by fixing the radar, building something, repairing Android 16, etc... I absolutely can't stand Bulma.

jordanator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jordanator » Tue May 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Yamcha. I don't know why, but my impression of him is that he is cocky and boasts. I have no clue why. Maybe it's due to the part in the series where he tries to take on a load of Saibaimen...

Also, in "Raging Blast" he is extremely slow!
PS3 PSN: Jordanator
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG: J0RDANAT0R
nathantheguitarist wrote: I will punch children.

yummypixels
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yummypixels » Tue May 11, 2010 1:11 pm

jordanator wrote:Yamcha. I don't know why, but my impression of him is that he is cocky and boasts. I have no clue why. Maybe it's due to the part in the series where he tries to take on a load of Saibaimen...

Also, in "Raging Blast" he is extremely slow!
Aw. That's too bad. I like Yamcha a lot. He won me over in Dragonball, and then once he grew on me, I just.. never stopped liking him. I find his attitude (cockiness) to be comedic relief most of the time. :D And he's part of the original group.
LiveJournal <-- DB News & Updates
YouTube <-- My Figure Reviews & AMVs

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Tue May 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Sorry, I have nothing to comment on Broly.

However, that little Chi Chi discussion, my biggest problem was pushing Gohan so hard to study and be successful, but encouraging Goten to train and become strong. Though, part of me thinks she was building Goten up to be a fighter and styled his hair like Goku's because she missed him so much.

But still, here you have Gohan, the at-the-time-thought strongest fighter in the universe; trained by Piccolo and Goku, and the at-the-time only Super Saiyan 2. Despite his unprecendented strength, Gohan isn't about to disobey his own mother. If there was ever someone to take Goku's place, it was Gohan, but no, she pushed him to focus strictly on his studies for 7 years with no Goku around to stick up for Gohan. All the while she's making him study, she's sneaking Goten out to train. It just irritates me as if she loved Goten more since she was by far less strict.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue May 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Cannon wise, 19. I just found him annoying so seeing him get destroyed by Vegeta was beautiful.

Non Cannon, Pan from GT(in Z she was tolerable) she annoyed me to no end. One of the worst things about the show, and they didn't even redeem her by making her as strong as the boys. That was just weak.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KakaR0T » Tue May 11, 2010 7:18 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:19. I just found him annoying so seeing him get destroyed by Vegeta was beautiful.

Non Cannon, Pan from GT(in Z she was tolerable) she annoyed me to no end. One of the worst things about the show, and they didn't even redeem her by making her as strong as the boys. That was just weak.
I suggested one Halloween that my friend and I would dress up as Androids 19 and 20 (me being 20 and him being 19) and that's when he told me that he hates 19 and was happy when Vegeta killed him. But I never had a problem with him. He never annoyed me.

I completely agree with you about Pan.
I also hate Krillin's ex-girlfriend whatsherface?
And I don't care for Bulma much either (unless she is actually doing something useful at Capsule Corporation)

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue May 11, 2010 7:37 pm

KakaR0T wrote: I also hate Krillin's ex-girlfriend whatsherface?
Oh god, I forget about her. I spent many years suppressing those filler episodes and now they have come back. Nooo!!!
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed May 12, 2010 1:48 am

Least favorite? Wow, I don't know. There a plenty of characters I simply don't care for. If had to pick one that I strongly dislike though, it'd have to be...Freeza. His spoiled ego just irritates me to no end. Even after Goku had kicked his ass, tricked him into cutting himself in half, AND saved his life, he still had the dragonballs to think he could beat Goku with a puny blast.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Wed May 12, 2010 3:26 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Oh god, I forget about her. I spent many years suppressing those filler episodes and now they have come back. Nooo!!!
So you'd rather only have four chicks in DBZ, than not repress filler?
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed May 12, 2010 5:32 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
So you'd rather only have four chicks in DBZ, than not repress filler?
Better to have four awesome chicks in DBZ than to add a retard like Maron to their number.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Thu May 13, 2010 4:27 am

I'd rather have A slutty genius, a totally hot love crazy fighter, a sexbot, and a retarded slut than I would a short-haired (effectively) useless character.

Keep Maron, screw Videl
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu May 13, 2010 5:21 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:I'd rather have A slutty genius, a totally hot love crazy fighter, a sexbot, and a retarded slut than I would a short-haired (effectively) useless character.

Keep Maron, screw Videl
Agreed. Maron was the best thing about the Garlic Jr. arc.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Thu May 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Silver Sinspawn wrote:I'd rather have A slutty genius, a totally hot love crazy fighter, a sexbot, and a retarded slut than I would a short-haired (effectively) useless character.

Keep Maron, screw Videl
Agreed. Maron was the best thing about the Garlic Jr. arc.
That and Mr Popo being used again.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu May 13, 2010 5:09 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:Sorry, I have nothing to comment on Broly.

However, that little Chi Chi discussion, my biggest problem was pushing Gohan so hard to study and be successful, but encouraging Goten to train and become strong. Though, part of me thinks she was building Goten up to be a fighter and styled his hair like Goku's because she missed him so much.

But still, here you have Gohan, the at-the-time-thought strongest fighter in the universe; trained by Piccolo and Goku, and the at-the-time only Super Saiyan 2. Despite his unprecendented strength, Gohan isn't about to disobey his own mother. If there was ever someone to take Goku's place, it was Gohan, but no, she pushed him to focus strictly on his studies for 7 years with no Goku around to stick up for Gohan. All the while she's making him study, she's sneaking Goten out to train. It just irritates me as if she loved Goten more since she was by far less strict.
I always thought that, after Goku died, Chi-Chi softened up in her attitude towards fighting, and rather didn't push Gohan so hard--more letting him do his own thing. After all, by that time, Gohan was already set on becoming a scholar, so it was his choice to pursue further education, despite Chi-Chi pushing him into it in his early years. I think the anime touched upon this when Goten told Gohan Chi-Chi was training him. We do see that Chi-Chi's personality has changed after those 7 years--no longer is she the nagging, overbearing mother of old.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Fri May 14, 2010 10:41 am

Chichi. That shrieking voice, obsession with Gohan's study... it just gets old fast. I guess I'm not the only one :P
It's all GOOD

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Thu May 20, 2010 7:38 pm

I'd go with blue-haired Maron - bimbo whore that has shit for brains, no personality and a complete waste of screen time.. It was no loss when FUNi snipped out some scenes of her. Shame Krillin got so pussy-whipped over her. :/ GT Pan (whiny spoiled lil' bitch). After them it would be movie 10 Brolly. I can't really decide which manga-canon character I like the least...

However, I don't really hate anyone in the series. :lol:
Just Saiyan...

bjnelson19705

Post by bjnelson19705 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Mr. Satan. Definitely.

He's funny in the Boo saga, though.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Fri May 21, 2010 2:34 am

Videl gave us one of the most brutal scenes in DBZ so I can't hate her.

Maron is an annoying fucking idiot but she's supposed to be. She does her job, we're supposed to despise her. That final scene with her in the Garlic Jr. arc was amazing too. That was easily the best moment in the saga.

I know I'm not being unique but Brolly is easily my least favorite character. Movie 8 was actually kind of neat but 10 and 11 made me despise him. He became the embodiment of everything DBZ is mocked for. Giant muscular blond haired no brained morons with flashy giant KI attacks whom time and time again reveal themselves to be one trick ponies. Sounds like Brolly to me.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Echo64
Beyond Newbie

Post by Echo64 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:11 am

Non-canon I would have to say Goten in Dragon Ball GT. In my opinion they completely ruined the character, I know there wasn't a lot of character development in GT, but still. I don't see how a shy character can grow up to be girl hungry, it just seems to me that they had a baseball cap filled with generic character profiles and they pulled out "Can't stop talking to girls 24/7" and slapped it on to Goten. It's a shame because they could have gone so much further with that character, I mean he is Goku's son for heavens sake!
"This planet's last remnant of hope!"
My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My YouTube Channel