Least favourite character

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Least favourite character

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:44 am

So, after looking at the "Favourite character" thread, I thought it would only be a matter of time before I got round to making its companion thread. So, who is your least favourite character and why?

My least favourite character is Mr. Satan. I think that Mr. Satan's constant "It's a trick!" whenever one of the Z-Senshi did something amazing got annoying after a while, as well as his insufferable cockiness at being "The Champion Of The World". I disliked how it took just winning to the Budokai to boost him to fame, and it irritated me further when he took the credit for killing Cell. It reflects a lot of what celebrities are like in our society--how they lie and use publicity stunts to further boost their image. Although he did get a bit more tolerable in the Boo Arc, he was still a prick who lied to get where he is today.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Least favourite character

Post by Amigo Ten » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 am

Probably Cell, or future Trunks, because I found them both to be very boring.

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:57 am

Z-era Chi Chi. Actually, Chi Chi is kind of annoying throughout the whole thing, but I remember being particularly happy when Super Buu finally shut her up.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am

xzero wrote:Z-era Chi Chi. Actually, Chi Chi is kind of annoying throughout the whole thing, but I remember being particularly happy when Super Buu finally shut her up.
Personally, I think she mellowed out a bit in the Boo Arc. I got the impression that she was more lax about Gohan fighting, because she had been training Goten (the anime backs this up with a bit of dialogue--Gohan thinks that it's perhaps the effect of Goku dying that made her change her attitude towards fighting).
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:35 am

Either ChiChi or Recoome. NO not because of his voice just he never impressed me.

As for ChiChi I hate her interaction with any adult in the show because she yells and they whimper, pisses me off like crazy.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am

Chi Chi. She is so damn annoying that I treadt her a filler character. Skipping scenes of her in them.

hui43210
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hui43210 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:45 am

Broly :x

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:46 am

You guys better stop talking smack about my Chichi! I have a rule and that's no one is allowed to say anything bad about the holy trinity, Chichi, Bulma, and Android 18. They are all superb and flawless characters.

Back to the topic: My least favorite character is Pan. If only she had a better story to work with. Instead it seemed like the writers wanted us to hate her.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:49 am

Mr. Satan. At the end of the series, I grew to like him, but I list him as my least favourite, because I hated how he stole the spotlight with his stupidity when an interesting fight was going on... and he did it in a very annoying way.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

hui43210 wrote:Broly :x

Broly... :x
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:25 pm

The Dictator. Because I don't like Hitler. Shame on all you obviously closet Nazis for not mentioning him. :P

I don't really like Videl, she's too tsundere for me and I'm not into that sort of thing. She's overbearing and generally a bit rude, then as soon as she opens up, she's spayed and neutered for the rest of the series. By then I don't actually dislike her, as she's just another background character but there's a lot of eye-rolling from me when she's all "I MUST find out who the Great Saiyaman is!" "You WILL teach me how to fly!" "I'm GOING to enter the tournament!" "I WANT to help too!" and so on.

Everyone else I'm pretty cool with, except when they do things I don't like (Nail flying back to Saichourou's house for example or that time Vegeta was on screen). I want to say I don't like Vegeta but I like his character progression. At the same time, I wouldn't be so willing to forgive and forget like the other Z Fighters were. You're sorry, Veggie? Then fly your ass over to the Hague for a trial, baby!
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Krillin. I don't know why, but the character just irritated me to no end. I deeply enjoyed it when Cell kicked him or whatever.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Budogenkai wrote:

BROOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :evil: :x :evil: :x

I want to punish the guy that decided to make a sequel on movie 8. And then punish the guy who thought of giving him SSJ3. Also, the guy that added him into videogames.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Godo wrote:
Budogenkai wrote:

BROOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :evil: :x :evil: :x

I want to punish the guy that decided to make a sequel on movie 8. And then punish the guy who thought of giving him SSJ3. Also, the guy that added him into videogames.
To all the Broli haters here.

If I made a top ten characters I hate, he might get the first place.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Freezer. He's a genocidal maniac and he kills all of my boys and I hate his guts :evil: I cannot express just how joyful a moment it was when Trunks cut him into a billion gloriously spinning chunky pieces and blew him to kingdom come.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:23 pm

The Supreme Kai, never liked his character. The entire time is him talking about how scary Majin Buu is while deciding to give him a ton of free energy.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:42 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
To all the Broli haters here.

If I made a top ten characters I hate, he might get the first place.
This should be used as an advertisement for the new DVD's.

Purchase fist of the north star season one by north star, because Broly sucks, coming soon! :D

BROLY!!! :evil:
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Kaioshin (Supreme Kai). He was very, very annoying.

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Z-era Yamcha. Definition of Failure. A real shame, too, since I really liked him in Dragon Ball. Never liked Puar either, for that matter. Not my "least favorite", but I also was never that fond of Dende. I did love how Kurilin and Gohan rescued him in the Namek Saga, but after that... just nothing really to love.

If we're including villains, then probably Super 17 for me. As much as I love GT, those 7 episodes were unbearable. Oh, and Babidi was annoying as fuck too.

But that's about it, I think. Discounting filler, as I usually skip over that stuff (no, I don't count GT as filler, even if it isn't canon)

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Velasa wrote:Freezer. He's a genocidal maniac and he kills all of my boys and I hate his guts :evil: I cannot express just how joyful a moment it was when Trunks cut him into a billion gloriously spinning chunky pieces and blew him to kingdom come.
But that's exactly what makes him such a great villain! You gotta love a character so despicable that it actually causes you to feel the hate of the Z-Fighters.