Camera Pans!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Re: Camera Pans!

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 am

These camera pans are messing with my head. When I see screencaps from the anime, they're always that same aspect ratio. To see them stitched together like this just makes me think "high quality artwork." But then I remember it's part of the show. It's totally trippy. But really nice. I'm loving this thread. I'd love to contribute but I don't have a DVD drive and my rips are at my mom's house on an external hard drive.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:30 am

dragondyle wrote:Eww. Why are a lot of those pans so horribly saturated? I would love the Goku and Vegeta pans in Dragon Box quality.
Because "you know who" is the one posting them, and he likes to use the "Median" tool in Photoshop and then adjusts the colors to his liking. Maybe just leaving them as-is wouldn't be so bad? Maybe...?

Also, some of those "panning" shots aren't panning at all. They're just a straight screen shot of a scene where the camera is simply zooming out, not panning. Panning is an up, down, or side-to-side movement of the camera that is different than zooming.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:37 am

Hujio wrote:
dragondyle wrote:Eww. Why are a lot of those pans so horribly saturated? I would love the Goku and Vegeta pans in Dragon Box quality.
Because "you know who" is the one posting them, and he likes to use the "Median" tool in Photoshop and then adjusts the colors to his liking. Maybe just leaving them as-is wouldn't be so bad? Maybe...?

Also, some of those "panning" shots aren't panning at all. They're just a straight screen shot of a scene where the camera is simply zooming out, not panning. Panning is an up, down, or side-to-side movement of the camera that is different than zooming.
:lol: :twisted: No! it's not me who "Remastered" those pics, when I found them on the Internet it's already like that! you totally wrong I'm not using Photoshop! :lol: :twisted:
Last edited by Goku100xKamehameha on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:38 am

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 am

"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:44 am

They're not. Most of the pictures he posted are just normal screencaps.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 am

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:05 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
Some posts are not pan shoots. I fix it later
Fix now :(

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 am

This is getting kinda weird... It was such a nice thread too. Now it's just making me dizzy. :cry:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:48 am

The thread is being ruined.

Please, just post real, nice looking, pan shots, ok?

Btw, it would be an epic endeavour if someone who was collecting the Dragon Boxes decided to rip all the pan shots of the show and posted them according to episode. That would be truly awesome.

(if you are wondering why don`t I do it, its simply because I`m not collecting the anime,since I prefer the manga. Otherwise I would do it)

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:55 am

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:27 am

Last edited by Greenman on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 am

Goku100xKamehameha, seriously please stop.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:36 am

Jhees
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:50 am

Goku100xKamehameha, stop posting non-pan shots and stop re-posting 'remastered' pictures. You don't have the good will built up to weather such acts.

Also, you seem to have found these rather than make them yourself - it'd be easier to simply link to where you found them rather than post them here.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:08 am

The Time Traveller

How exactly did you make those pan shots? How did you clean them? What did you use?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:43 am

rereboy wrote:The Time Traveller

How exactly did you make those pan shots? How did you clean them? What did you use?
I use Adobe Photoshop CS5 but any version of Photoshop would do. I just overlap the shots then erase the edges with a soft eraser so they flow together and there's no obvious lines poking out in the middle of the picture.
After merging the layers I may remove the grain with Topaz Vivacity, it depends if it looks better with or without it, I don't touch the brightness or anything unless one of the screen shots is considerably darker than the others put together.

I only use Vivacity if I want a clear look at the art, I know grain is good since it adds texture to old cartoons and is one of the reasons I don't like modern cartoons.
Like thiiiiiis? :D

ImageImage

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 am

The Time Traveller wrote:
rereboy wrote:The Time Traveller

I use Adobe Photoshop CS5 but any version of Photoshop would do. I just overlap the shots then erase the edges with a soft eraser so they flow together and there's no obvious lines poking out in the middle of the picture.

After merging the layers I may remove the grain with Topaz Vivacity, it depends if it looks better with or without it, I don't touch the brightness or anything unless one of the screen shots is considerably darker than the others put together.
I see :)

I`ve borrowed the Dragon Box from a friend so I could experiment on my own if I could do it. I think that I can.

I started with episode 1, with the first shot that I saw. My goal will be to do exactly what I suggested, to collect as many pans as possible, in episode order.

Maybe I won`t do it as well as some others would, but I will try, and if somebody thinks they can do a certain pan look better than me, then by all means, do it. The more, the merrier.

Here is the first one from episode 1:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3250/ep101.png

Just click to view full size.

(However, the original is bigger than that. How do I keep the host from resizing it?)

EDIT: original image hosted on imageshack
Last edited by rereboy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:18 am

rereboy wrote:(The original is bigger than this. How do I keep it from resizing?)
Under the green upload button on photobucket there's a (more options) link, set it to "1 megabyte file size", I only found this out a few days ago too...

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:36 am

Thanks for the tip. It doesn`t seem to be working though. It doesn`t save. Well, maybe later it will work.

Btw, do you think that the pan came along nicely?