Funniest Moment?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Re: Funniest Moment?

Post by violadude » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:16 pm

hm I'm not sure if this has been mentioned at all but I love the filler before the Cell games when Goku is searching for the dragon balls and he comes across Mercenary Tao. He has no idea that Tao is trying to dupe him haha. And when hes trying to solve the puzzles the guard is like, uh well you could just.... then Goku: Sshhhh dont tell me, thats cheating.
lol

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KakaR0T » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:18 am

violadude wrote:hm I'm not sure if this has been mentioned at all but I love the filler before the Cell games when Goku is searching for the dragon balls and he comes across Mercenary Tao. He has no idea that Tao is trying to dupe him haha. And when hes trying to solve the puzzles the guard is like, uh well you could just.... then Goku: Sshhhh dont tell me, thats cheating.
lol
hahaha that was pretty funny. Then he's like "hey I solved it! hey where did they go?" oh that's okay *instant transmission* "I'll just be taking the dragonballs see ya"

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Did the subtitler not see the innuendo in that sentence at all? :P
Oh, pfffft. There's a lot of innuendo that the English dub/subtitles got past the radar.

There's this scene from Episode 154 - Vegeta and Trunks emerge from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. The gang has awaited their finish. Bulma arrives on the scene and gives Goku and Gohan some Saiyan battle suits for them to wear while in the Chamber. As Goku finishes getting dressed, this conversation takes place:

[shot of Vegeta tugging on his gloves]

Vegeta: "There's no need for you to wear that. You won't even get a chance to use it.

[cut to a two-shot of Goku and Vegeta]

So why even bother putting it on?"

Goku: "Is that because you plan on finishing Cell all by yourself?

[cut to shot of Goku]

Well, I hope that you can pull it off."

[cut to closeup of Vegeta's smirking face]
[cut to Goku's smirking face]
[cut to Vegeta's face]

Vegeta: "Right."

I'm sure that Goku hopes that Vegeta vanquishes Cell, but the delivery of "Well, I hope that you can pull it off" with the emphasis on the last 3 words, combined with the pregnant pauses as they glance at each other, makes it look like something else entirely. :)

And of course, there's the scene near the end of DBZ with Goku, Goten, and Trunks in the tub. After Goku turns SSJ completely naked, there's this longshot of the tub, and then the camera slowly pans right to Vegeta behind a tree, arms folded and smirking at the camera. "What are you looking at?"

(Originally, there was no voiceover in the longshot, but FUNi inserted a voiceover in the episode on the Orange Box.)
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Goku stops by Kaiosama because he wants to find New Planet Namek in order to get a new Kamisama;

Goku: Don't you know what's been going on on Earth?
Kaio: Well no! So tell me about it.
[panel without text]
Kaio: WHAT?!
Goku: ... I haven't said anything yet.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Brakus wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Did the subtitler not see the innuendo in that sentence at all? :P
Oh, pfffft. There's a lot of innuendo that the English dub/subtitles got past the radar.

There's this scene from Episode 154 - Vegeta and Trunks emerge from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. The gang has awaited their finish. Bulma arrives on the scene and gives Goku and Gohan some Saiyan battle suits for them to wear while in the Chamber. As Goku finishes getting dressed, this conversation takes place:

[shot of Vegeta tugging on his gloves]

Vegeta: "There's no need for you to wear that. You won't even get a chance to use it.

[cut to a two-shot of Goku and Vegeta]

So why even bother putting it on?"

Goku: "Is that because you plan on finishing Cell all by yourself?

[cut to shot of Goku]

Well, I hope that you can pull it off."

[cut to closeup of Vegeta's smirking face]
[cut to Goku's smirking face]
[cut to Vegeta's face]

Vegeta: "Right."

I'm sure that Goku hopes that Vegeta vanquishes Cell, but the delivery of "Well, I hope that you can pull it off" with the emphasis on the last 3 words, combined with the pregnant pauses as they glance at each other, makes it look like something else entirely. :)

And of course, there's the scene near the end of DBZ with Goku, Goten, and Trunks in the tub. After Goku turns SSJ completely naked, there's this longshot of the tub, and then the camera slowly pans right to Vegeta behind a tree, arms folded and smirking at the camera. "What are you looking at?"

(Originally, there was no voiceover in the longshot, but FUNi inserted a voiceover in the episode on the Orange Box.)
Vegeta...what the heck dude. Image

I never saw this part of the show.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:07 am

Brakus wrote: Oh, pfffft. There's a lot of innuendo that the English dub/subtitles got past the radar.
I know. Heck, there's probably more in the English dub. I'm just a sucker for bad subtitles. That's why I love fansubs. :P