Dragonball stuff on regular television

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragonball stuff on regular television

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Big Momma wrote:
SaiyamanMS wrote:In season 7 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the character Andrew makes a comment about Dragon Ball Z at one point, with a bizarre comment where he claims that Vegeta "used to be a pure Saiyan" before fighting on the side of Goku. I mean, since when did Vegeta ever stop being a pure Saiyan?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qVwQ9mmb3Q

At the 2:40 mark, if anyone wants to see it.
That.... didn't sound as awkward as I would've thought. Plus, he pronounced "Gokū" correctly. :P

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:51 am

On this documentary about Hell on the History channel, they said something about being tortured for over 9000 years.
It's on for another few hours.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:43 am

I just SAW something that had something related to DB earlier today...but can't remember what it was. :?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:02 pm

I do remember on an early episode of CSI:NY, in the opening segment, the camera is taking a revolving shot of three supporting characters in a conversation, and there's a fleeting shot of SSJ Goku on the side of a truck. The clip is on YouTube somewhere. :)
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:23 pm

Brakus wrote:I do remember on an early episode of CSI:NY, in the opening segment, the camera is taking a revolving shot of three supporting characters in a conversation, and there's a fleeting shot of SSJ Goku on the side of a truck. The clip is on YouTube somewhere. :)
I think it's in one of the early episodes in season 2.

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:I remember in an episode of MXC (or for those looking for the pure Nippon truth, Takashi's Castle) there was a woman who cosplayed as Goku running through maybe the bolder challenge, mascot maze, or the catch the ball trap? I don't believe Guy interviewed her, nor do I remember her doing well...
Hmm, does anyone know if this was in the UK version of Takeshi's Castle?

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:13 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:I remember in an episode of MXC (or for those looking for the pure Nippon truth, Takashi's Castle) there was a woman who cosplayed as Goku running through maybe the bolder challenge, mascot maze, or the catch the ball trap? I don't believe Guy interviewed her, nor do I remember her doing well...
Does anyone actually watch Takeshi's Castle subtitled? That would be taking purism to a whole new level. I just stick will good ol' MXC, on Fox. :P