GT Perfect Files on Stuff and Whatnot

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: GT Perfect Files on Super Saiyans (and Baby!)

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Herms wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:By the way, is the official name merely Ôzaru Baby or is there something more?
Yeah, it's simply Oozaru Baby (not even "Golden Oozaru Baby").
Oh wow, that's interesting. The usual fandom name has always been Ôgon/Golden Ôzaru Baby (I'm sure there was a 'Super' tossed in there somewhere, too). Well, dang. Time to switch gears. >_<
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: GT Perfect Files on Super Saiyans (and Baby!)

Post by Herms » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Oh wow, that's interesting. The usual fandom name has always been Ôgon/Golden Ôzaru Baby (I'm sure there was a 'Super' tossed in there somewhere, too).
I'd assume they don't bother specifying Golden Oozaru because there's no regular Oozaru Baby, as opposed to with Goku where he has both regular Oozaru and Golden Oozaru forms.

Here's the fourth part of the world guide, which deals with the Saiyans and Tsufruins. Part 1 was Super Saiyans, part 2 deals with Baby's army, and is where the stuff on Baby's forms was from, part 3 is a family tree for Goku and friends, part 5 deals with the black-star dragonballs, and part 6 is the preview for Super 17 and the evil dragons.

This is actually the part with the GT timeline. The timeline was not really meant so much as a record of the events of GT, but instead as a record of important events in Saiyan and Tsufruin history. This is also the part that mentions "Planet Saiya", the provisional name for the Saiyans' hypothetical real homeworld. For whatever reason, in GT they often refer to simply the "Saiya" or "Tsufru", without the jin part (you also see this in the title for the SNES game "Legend of the Super Saiya" and a few other random places). So it's not a typo if the 'n' is missing from the end of "Saiyan".
WORLD GUIDE IV: SAIYA AND TSUFRU CHAPTER
Goku and Baby’s fight was also a final battle with the last survivors of the Saiyan and Tsufruin races at stake!! Part 1 inspects the differences and defining characteristics of both races!! Part 2 unveils the history of their battle!!

Complete Inspection Part 1: The Two Great Races!!

The Wise Tsufruins; the Mighty Saiyans
The Tsufru, a scientific people!!
The Tsufruins’ greatest defining characteristic is their status as a scientific people with gifted minds!! A famous machine invented by the Tsufruins is the “scouter”!! Worn on the left ear, it’s a small machine which instantly measures an enemy’s battle power, and even a single one can be used as an inter-planetary communication device!! It’s so good that even Freeza’s army officially adopted it!!

The Saiya, greatest fighting race in the universe!!
On the other hand, the Saiyans are famous as the most warlike race in the universe!! Low-level warriors have low battle powers, but if they form into groups they exhibit high battle power!! Even a squad of merely 5 can reduce a planet to ruins in only a few days!! Physically, they’re characterized by staying young unusually long, making it easier for them to fight!! The Saiyans are a fighting race for whom it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that they don’t simply “fight to live”, but rather “live to fight”!!

[ ] The Tsufruins fighting Oozaru Saiyans!! Besides scouters, they also have laser guns and tanks!! It seems they’ve developed military technology as well!!

Where is the Saiyans’ true homeland?
The mysterious “Planet Saiya”
Planet Vegeta (formally Planet Plant) was originally the Tsufruins’ planet, and not the homeland of the Saiyans. The roots of the Saiya are unknown, and all that is recorded is that “the primitive Saiyans drifted to Planet Plant on a mysterious spaceship”. Perhaps the launching point of that spaceship could possibly itself be the Saiyans’ true homeland. And just maybe the Saiyans’ home world still exists somewhere in space!?

[picture of an Oozaru] There’s also a theory that Saiyans were originally Oozarus, who gained intelligence and became human!!

What’s the national structure of each race!?
For both, a royal family stands at the peak of the race!!
The peak of Saiyan authority is King Vegeta!! The king was the strongest Saiyan at the time, and is famous for having commanded the plan to wipe out the Tsufruins!! The Saiyans don’t discriminate by differences in race or things like that, but in turn have a strict class system!!

The Tsufruins, for their part, actually had a king as well (he’s the character lying in the bed in the picture on the next page)!! Besides this, nothing else is known. However, it seems that until the Saiyans began their revolt, they lived in peace and prosperity!!

[picture of Vegeta-Baby] Vegeta-Baby has both Saiya and Tsufru royal blood!!
[big black text] Vegeta-Baby is a king inside a king!?

[picture of King Vegeta] Even among the Saiyans, King Vegeta is said to have been an outstanding battle strategist!!

The Tsufruins have super-deformed bodies!?
Tsufruins are child-sized!!
The gravity of Planet Plant was about 10 times that of Earth!! The Saiyans’ strength was also due to them having honed their bodies under this 10-fold gravity!! The Tsufruins, who lived on Planet Plant from the beginning, were all short, probably due to this gravity. They were only about half as tall as Saiyans or Earthlings!! Even Baby had a child-like height and body before he infected Vegeta!! It seems that this was because he inherited the genes of King Tsufru!!

Height Comparison Chart
[pictures of adult Goku, kid Goku, and Baby in his “child” form (which is apparently really the size of an adult Tsufruin)] Here we went and made a height comparison chart using Baby as a representative of the Tsufruins. Tsufruins are only about half as tall as Saiyans or Earthlings, so little Goku and Baby’s child body are roughly the same size!!

Saiyans [represented by kid Goku]: “Hey, you’re about the same size as me.”
Tsufruins [represented by Baby]: “Shut up!”

Complete Inspection Part 2: The Universal History of Saiya and Tsufru Interaction!!
Things in bold are new bits of history that came to light in “DragonBall GT”

C. 238 Before Age: The appearance of the Super Saiyan!!
The Super Saiyan, told of in legend, appears and pushes the limits of slaughter and destruction.

C. Age 550: The primeval Saiyans drift to Planet Plant!!
The primeval Saiyans drift on their spaceship to the bountiful Planet Plant, where science had flourished in peace. Reproducing quickly, in the next few hundred years the primeval Saiyans evolve to an extraordinary extent and gain intelligence. But at the same time, their instincts for slaughter grew as well.
[ ] The Tsufruins approve of the Saiyans’ residency, but…

C. Age 720~730: All-out confrontation between the Saiyans and Tsufruins!!
The all-out war between the Saiyans and Tsufruins begins. Cornered, the Tsufruins use their remaining scientific power to develop a parasitic life-form (later to be known as Baby). This life-form inherits the genes of King Tsufru, and is launched into space. The battle results in the Saiyans’ overwhelming victory, the Tsufruins are wiped out, and Planet Plant is renamed as Planet Vegeta.
[ ] The thing in the cultivation pod is Baby, and the sleeping man is King Tsufru.

Age 731: The Saiyans and Freeza join forces!!
[ ] King Vegeta obeys Freeza, but inside he is filled with hatred.

Age 732: Vegeta is born!!

Age 735: The “Universal Tsufruization Plant” goes into operation!
While drifting through space, Baby swears vengeance against the Saiyans for wiping out the Tsufruins. Furthermore, he devises the “Universal Tsufruization Plan”, in order to revive the Tsufru.

C.Age 735: Repeated incidences of insurrection among the Saiyans!!

Age 737: Kakarotto (Son Goku) is born!!
Kakarotto is born. King Vegeta and Goku’s father Barduck die in battle against Freeza. At the same time, Kakarotto’s space pod is shot out into space. Planet Vegeta is wiped out by Freeza. The four remaining Saiyans are Kakarotto, his older brother Raditz, Vegeta, and Vegeta’s subordinate Nappa.
[ ] Kakarotto, immediately after arriving on Earth in his space pod. Found by Grandpa Gohan, he is given the name Son Goku!!

Age 740: Doctor Mu is born!
Baby manufactures Doctor Mu in order to gather the resurrection energy he needs to obtain a powerful body. Baby programs Mu with the method of developing machine mutants, and production begins on Llod, M-2, and the others.

Age 760-770: Planet M-2 is completed
Doctor Mu makes the alien Rild a general, in addition to restructuring his body. At the same time, the super gigantic planet-type machine mutant (Planet M-2) is completed, its functions having been linked to General Rild. Using Planet M-2 as a base, the M-2 Army begins gathering energy from throughout the universe.

Age 766: Trunks is born!!

Age 767: Goten is born!!

Age 775: Doltaki becomes Baby’s underling!
Doctor Mu makes the space swindler Doltaki one of his subordinates, and gives him Lood, the strongest machine mutant. Doltaki uses his skills as a swindler to create the scam religion Loodism, and begins gathering energy from its adherents.

Age 779: Pan is born!!

Age 780: Bra is born!!

Age 789: Goku, Trunks, and Pan depart from Earth!

Age 789: Goku encounters Baby!!
Several months later, they encounter Baby in his larval form. After that, Baby continues to infect various aliens, accumulating power.

Age 789: Baby appears on Earth!
Nine months after Goku and the others left, Baby arrives on Earth, infecting all the Earthlings and bringing them under his rule. Furthermore, he creates Planet Tsufru through the power of Shenlong, and uses it as the base for the Universal Tsufruization Plan.

Age 789: Super Saiyan 4 appears!!
War breaks out between a Saiyan survivor (Son Goku) and the last remaining Tsufruin (Baby). Through this battle, the Tsufruin are completely exterminated.

[big black text] Brawn (Saiya) VS Science (Tsufru)!! The grand history of the battle between these alien races!!
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: GT Perfect Files on Stuff (now with Saiya/Tsufru history!)

Post by Cipher » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Interesting to see that, according to the anime, the Saiyan royalty only lasted six years.

Also, interesting to see confirmation that the Tsufur-jin invented the Scouters which were adopted by Freeza, as well as the fact that General Rilldo apparently was an organic being at one time. These are small things that are kind of teased in the series, but never properly specified.

And finally, how fucked up is it that the guys who get their steering wheel torn out by Vegeta were hitting on a nine-year-old?

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Goku was 52 in GT. I find that hilarious. :P
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Oh wow, it's theorized that the Saiyans de-evolved (or rather, 'evolved') from the original Ôzaru state to a human form? That's news to me. Very interesting to see that noted.

Additionally, you really should add this to the Guide Guide, Herms!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Saiyaman Prime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Saiyaman Prime » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:Goku was 52 in GT. I find that hilarious. :P
He would be physically less since he was dead for 8 or so years and you don't age in the afterlife. And you would have to add the years he was inside the RoSaT as well.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Saiyaman Prime wrote:
nathantheguitarist wrote:Goku was 52 in GT. I find that hilarious. :P
He would be physically less since he was dead for 8 or so years and you don't age in the afterlife. And you would have to add the years he was inside the RoSaT as well.
True, true.

I just meant that in regards to him being turned into a child again.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 pm

I can't imagine King Vegeta or any Saiyan being a great strategist.
"Sir, enemy advancing from the right!"
"Kill them."

"Sir, we managed to infiltrate their base! What next?"
"Kill them."

"Sir, our troops are returning!"
"Kill them."
"But sir-"
"I SAID KILL THEM!"
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:46 am

Bra is 9 years old!? That as to be a mistake otherwise it's pretty messed up:S

I always thought she was a few years older than Pan.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:33 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:Bra is 9 years old!? That as to be a mistake otherwise it's pretty messed up:S

She has to be around that age for the time line to make sense. However, GT apparently said "Who cares about that sh$&?" and made her a teenager nonetheless.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 am

rereboy wrote:
Scorpio Kardia wrote:Bra is 9 years old!? That as to be a mistake otherwise it's pretty messed up:S

She has to be around that age for the time line to make sense. However, GT apparently said "Who cares about that sh$&?" and made her a teenager nonetheless.
Well yeah but she always seemed older than Pan like if Pan was 10 years old i always believed Bra was at least 13...that would only be a differance of 3 years, but they say she's 9 years old, that's weird in a lot of ways.

I guess they didn't really bother to think about it, in the SEG and Daizenshuu 7 they never bothered to tell us her age either.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Oh God, Bra is that young!?
I feel ill...

:lol:
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Scorpio Kardia wrote:I guess they didn't really bother to think about it, in the SEG and Daizenshuu 7 they never bothered to tell us her age either.
Actually, her birthday is given in both Daizenshuu 7 and the GT Perfect Files. The only problem is that Daizenshuu 7 gives a different birthday in her bio than it gives in its timeline, so she's either a year older or a year younger than Pan, depending on which you use.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Bussani wrote:
Scorpio Kardia wrote:I guess they didn't really bother to think about it, in the SEG and Daizenshuu 7 they never bothered to tell us her age either.
Actually, her birthday is given in both Daizenshuu 7 and the GT Perfect Files. The only problem is that Daizenshuu 7 gives a different birthday in her bio than it gives in its timeline, so she's either a year older or a year younger than Pan, depending on which you use.
You're right. I went to check the Daizenshuu 7, but I think being 9 or 11 is equally bad. I wouldn't give her anywhere near that, plus she can already drive and everything.

Oh well, I guess I'm just thinking about it too much. It doesn't really mater.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: GT Perfect Files on Stuff (now with Saiya/Tsufru history

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
Bussani wrote:
You're right. I went to check the Daizenshuu 7, but I think being 9 or 11 is equally bad. I wouldn't give her anywhere near that, plus she can already drive and everything.

Oh well, I guess I'm just thinking about it too much. It doesn't really mater.
Yeah, this is manga. Age is basically irrelevant to what you look like. In the Bardock special, Vegeta looks older than 5. Goku at 15 still looks like a little kid. Kuririn's a shrimp throughout the series, and even at 16 still looks like a little kid. Chi-Chi's lolicon in her first appearance, despite being 12.

This has been talked about multiple times on this forum, and still people don't get it. :roll:
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:38 pm

I hope this doesn't count as a non-productive necro-post. :x

I was just wondering how authoritative I should consider the Perfect Files, and if Toriyama endorsed them, since from what I'm reading they were made by Jump Comics, and not Toei/Toriyama. Would they be on the level of the Daizenshuu and SEG?
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:I was just wondering how authoritative I should consider the Perfect Files, and if Toriyama endorsed them, since from what I'm reading they were made by Jump Comics, and not Toei/Toriyama. Would they be on the level of the Daizenshuu and SEG?
Well for me, since they are dealing with the animated versions of DB and not the manga I place them far lower than the Manga-specific guidebooks.
They don't have interviews with Toriyama either showing less involvement from him compared to the Daizenshuus, the Kanzenban guides and the SEGs.

I guess this falls into a canon discussion...

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:I was just wondering how authoritative I should consider the Perfect Files, and if Toriyama endorsed them, since from what I'm reading they were made by Jump Comics, and not Toei/Toriyama. Would they be on the level of the Daizenshuu and SEG?
They were published by Shueisha under the Jump Comics label, and copyright Bird Studio, Shueisha, Fuji TV, and Toei Animation. They include reprints of Toriyama's various designs for GT, but he didn't contribute any new artwork, interviews, or other information like with the daizenshuu or SEGs. Which makes sense really, since Toriyama was barely involved in GT. The Perfect Files do however have various notes from the production staff actually responsible for making GT.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding and misinformation out there on how this stuff actually works. The idea that Toei or Toriyama would put out books on their own is completely nonsensical. Toei is an animation studio and Toriyama is just a manga artist; they don't own their own book publishing companies. Shueisha publishes all official DB books, including manga volumes, guidebooks, film comic adaptations of the DB movies, and everything else. The Perfect Files are no different.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Herms wrote:
They were published by Shueisha under the Jump Comics label, and copyright Bird Studio, Shueisha, Fuji TV, and Toei Animation. They include reprints of Toriyama's various designs for GT, but he didn't contribute any new artwork, interviews, or other information like with the daizenshuu or SEGs. Which makes sense really, since Toriyama was barely involved in GT. The Perfect Files do however have various notes from the production staff actually responsible for making GT.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding and misinformation out there on how this stuff actually works. The idea that Toei or Toriyama would put out books on their own is completely nonsensical. Toei is an animation studio and Toriyama is just a manga artist; they don't own their own book publishing companies. Shueisha publishes all official DB books, including manga volumes, guidebooks, film comic adaptations of the DB movies, and everything else. The Perfect Files are no different.
Thanks. That clears up everything.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

München X Cisf

Re: GT Perfect Files on Stuff and Whatnot

Post by München X Cisf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 pm

5: Oozaru Baby

Super Baby transformed into this form after being bathed with 1,000 times the normal amount of Bruits Waves!! As the strongest of warriors, who blends together Tsufru science and Saiya power, his power surpasses even Super Goku 4!! Looking at his golden fur, it seems this ought to be considered a warrior evolved from Super Saiyan!!

[ ] Even after becoming an Oozaru, his costume and hair-style are still the same as his Strongest Form
Mmm... I remember that in the italian version of GTPF Vol. 1 said Baby Vegeta and SSJ4 Goku were toe to toe (50% 50%) before Goku absorbs Saiya power from Gohan and co. I think he surpassed Goku just because he received bruits waves by Bulma's machine and recovered his energy.