Dragon Ball Online Original Story

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Online Original Story

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Ah, thank you for the time spent Suzaku. It's interesting to the supposed battle between Gokû and Vegeta described--or at least likened to--supernovas. Come on Toei, you know you want to make the hour long OVA and sell it for eighty bucks!! :p
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:35 pm

What exactly are those "Evil" Nameks? Demon-clan members like Daimao?

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:What exactly are those "Evil" Nameks? Demon-clan members like Daimao?
I'm assuming so.

Strange how they aren't mentioned past "conflict arises." Are they simply not as large scale as Miira, Pilaf, and Red Pants?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Amaranth Sparrow wrote:

Timeline:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

지구의 위기 앞에, 과거의 용사듈이 거북선인이 있는 곳에 모여 프리더군 잔당올 격파

~ I believe this is saying that the Turtle and Crane schools banded together to save the world.
If this happened before Kuririn and Tenshinhan formed the new schools would that mean Kuririn and Tenshinhan(+ Yamucha and Chaozu?) saved the world?

Amaranth Sparrow

Post by Amaranth Sparrow » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Okay, translated what DongHyun has transcribed so far, to the best of my ability.

The Next Generation of Champions (Age 774 ~ Age 1000)

Peace on Earth - Age 774

The greatest threat to the universe, Majin Boo, had been defeated by Goku and his allies. Earth was visited by a period of peace.
Inspired by movies about Mr. Satan, the Savior of the Earth (?), people all over the world became interested in martial arts.
The year's Tenkaichi Budokai was shaping up to be a big event.
A peaceful battle in a peaceful world...
The more time went by, the less people remembered about the heroic battles of the past. A figure was watching over them from the start. It was Kami-sama Dende.

"In this age, maybe we won't need them..."

To prevent more meaningless fighting on Earth, Dende sealed away the Dragon Balls.

"I hope this world remains peaceful. Forever and ever..."

Birth of the Majin Race - Age 774

When the battle between Majin Boo and Goku came to an end, the good Majin Boo, "Mr. Boo", remained on Earth.
Thanks to Shenlong, the memories of the evil Majin Boo were erased from the populace and he was able to live peacefully with Mr. Satan.
Mr. Boo gradually became accustomed to life on Earth, and Mr. Satan invited him to compete in the Tenkaichi Budokai.
With his overwhelming power he made it through the qualifiers, all the way to the finals, where he lost to Mr. Satan...
Repeating this time and again, he helped Mr. Satan, the self-styled "World Champ", maintain his dignity. Each time, he advanced to the finals with his childish innocence and overwhelming strength. The strange charm of Mr. Boo drew the people's attention, and Mr. Boo soon found himself gaining worldwide fame.
Mr. Boo had always been extremely curious. Because of his amazing absorbing powers, he was able to remember any technique after seeing it just once. He began to understand more and more about Earth's culture and the form and function of humans with each new experience.
By the time a year had passed, Mr. Boo had changed.
Whenever he saw Earthlings in acts of passionate romance, or photographs of happy families, he felt something special in his heart.
At the time, Mr. Boo had become known as Mr. Satan's honored rival, and thanks to his innocent personality had become extremely popular, especially with young women.
Even so, Mr. Boo's heart was still not satisifed. He had reached puberty...

"Yes, I want to make hot love!" he declared.

Of course, Mr. Boo had no idea what hot love was. So, he set out to find a book in Mr. Satan's library.
He found it hidden away in the naughty gentlemen's section, a best-selling masterpiece of erotic literature. It was called "Bob and Margaret's Forbidden Games."

"Mmm, that tickles. No, don't. She'll be back soon," said Margaret. Bob forced himself...

"Bob and Margaret's Forbidden Games" had been Kame Sennin's favorite book. Even though Mr. Boo didn't know what any of it meant, he couldn't put it down. He gradually read more and more. Words couldn't express this warm, fuzzy feeling.
Then he finished the last page. His heightened emotions had finally reached their peak.

"Oooh! I want to love!" he roared.

Steam erupted intensely from the holes in his head.
And from the clouds of steam rising over Boo's head materialized another living creature!
It was the ideal girlfriend that he had invisioned.
"Bob and Margaret's Forbidden Games" had awakened his strong desire for companionship and Mr. Boo had created her with the resulting Love-Love Power. Another distinct being had sprung from Mr. Boo...
That is to say, once in the past Majin Boo had divided into an innocent Boo and a Boo that was pure evil. This time, he had been divided into a male Boo and a female Boo.

"Wow~! My girlfriend-!"

"I want to love you to! Thank you!"

A female Boo born from Mister Boo's obsession with women. Of course, Boo was a good guy. Their marriage was a joyous celebration and the two became a wonderful couple.
Some time later, they decided they wanted a baby, just like in human families. They turned to their hot love guide. Once again, they read the classic book, "Bob and Margaret's Forbidden Games."

"Hey, see, when they rub together, a baby pops out!"

"Yeah, if I rub like this... and you..."

Boo and his lovely wife rubbed together, mushing various body parts together and rolling them into doughy balls.

"Now, we can use our Love-Love Power to make our baby-!"

"Love-Love!"

Intense light poured out of the two Boos! And then the many Boo balls were transformed and took the shape of baby Boos.
They clumsily held hands and fiddled around, concluding their Love-Love.
Thus the "Majin" race was born on Earth. Their children lead to another generation and so on, each time increasing the population of the Majin race.
With it, Boo's overwhelming power dispersed and gradually grew weaker. The potential for great strength is said to remain within the bloodline, but its limits are unknown.

Saiyan Blood - Son Goku and Vegeta

There had been only two survivors of the Saiyan homeworld. As their descendants continued from one generation to the next, their Saiyan blood slowly spread through the Earthlings, fading little by little.
Most people knew nothing about the exploits of Son Goku and Vegeta. Mr. Satan was everyone's savior, everywhere. As time went on, more and more generations overlapped one another. Awareness of the Saiyan race nearly disappeared.
However, as Gohan, Goten, and Trunks had shown, when the Saiyan race mixed with another, it had the potential to bring forth even greater power.
The Saiyans also grew stronger with each near-death experience they survived. However, with the world as peaceful as it currently was, such opportunities were rare.
However, if for some reason a situation arose in which they had to repeatedly face powerful enemies in fierce battles...
No pure-blooded Saiyans remain in the universe, but a day may come when the potential of the Saiyan blood lying dormant in Earthlings will awaken, and their immeasurable power will once again manifest.

Namekian Warning - Age 762

When Freeza destroyed the Namekian's planet, they temporarily took refuge on Earth. A year later, the migrated to New Namek.
They forged a new way of life on their new world. They planted ajissa trees and built houses. They didn't consume more than they needed. Before long, the environment had become like that of the old Namek.
However, after nearly 100 years had passed, in Age 851, an incident occured on New Namek. From the void of space there was a sudden flash. An army comprised of countless troops suddenly appeared. It was group of artificial humans, like those who had once laid waste to Earth in the distant past. They began indiscriminately attacking Namekian villages.

"Why!? What's an army of guys like this... How in the world could they possibly exist...?"

The Namekians were frightened and bewildered.
Elsewhere, the man leading the army issued a demand to a group of Namekian elders.

"We only want one thing. Give Miira your Dragon Balls!"
"Miira...? No way..."

His name was Miira. Realizing something, the elders refused the demands. The Namekian warriors put up a desperate resistance.
However, the difference in their power levels was too great. Before the might of the one calling himself Miira, their attacks were useless.

"You are not willing to grant me this offering. Well then, I suppose I have no choice but to destroy this planet..."

Saying that, the man lifted his hands toward the sky.
The enemy forces began continuously sending energy to his outstretched hands. The energy slowly gathered above the head of the man who had condemmned them, forming a great mass.

"Disappear, Namekians!"

The man hurled it from his hands... an oversized Genki Dama!
New Namek was enveloped in a great flash as it exploded.
One hundred years of history forged in this new land by the Namekians. Gone in an instant.

(story continues on page 10...)

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:19 pm

Battle of Supernova's. Badass.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Only Toriyama would write the details of how Majin Boo breeds.

That was truly incredible. Hilariously so, that is...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Wow...the Mr. Boo love story....the return of the Bob and Margaret book. :lol: That was awkward and hilarious at the same time. Thanks for the translation Amaranth, it was pretty interesting overall.
Trans rights, now!

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:30 pm

"A female Boo born from Mister Boo's obsession with women. Of course, Boo was a good guy. Their marriage was a joyous celebration and the two became a wonderful couple.
Some time later, they decided they wanted a baby, just like in human families. They turned to their hot love guide. Once again, they read the classic book, "Bob and Margaret's Forbidden Games."

"Hey, see, when they rub together, a baby pops out!"

Boo and his lovely wife rubbed together, mushing various body parts together and rolling them into doughy balls."

...and now I can never unsee the mental image of Buu and his wife rubbing their fat together to make balls of goop that they bring to life...Oh Toriyama...
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:03 pm

I love how much depth Toriyama is putting into the back story of Dragon Ball Online, thanks for the translations. That Buu backstory story is hilarious.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:12 pm

Online's Retarded Story wrote:He had reached puberty...

"Yes, I want to make hot love!" he declared.
Online's Retarded Story wrote: "Hey, see, when they rub together, a baby pops out!"

Boo and his lovely wife rubbed together, mushing various body parts together and rolling them into doughy balls.
I don't know how anyone can see this as a "gag". It's fucking nightmare fuel.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:23 pm

Goku goes missing.

자신의 임종을 깨달은 오공은. 마지막으로 매듭을 짓기 우해 베지터와 함께 지구에서 사라진다. 수년 후. 초신성 폭발이 확인되었다. 이것은 손오공과 베지터의 싸움의 영향일지도 모른다.

~ I believe this is saying that they realized they were on his deathbed. Then he and Goku mysteriously vanished from the Earth. Years later, explosions on par with supernovas were detected, which were believed to be caused by a battle between Goku and Vegeta.
So they didn't just secretly run off together to immediately battle one another to the death, they went on adventures first? O_O
Adventures that lasted at least a couple years?

WOW. :shock:
That opens up even more questions.

EDIT: Does it mention whether these explosions were detected in the living world or in the afterlife? I'm curious to know if it was a battle taking place before or after they died.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:51 pm

Chuquita wrote:

Goku goes missing.

자신의 임종을 깨달은 오공은. 마지막으로 매듭을 짓기 우해 베지터와 함께 지구에서 사라진다. 수년 후. 초신성 폭발이 확인되었다. 이것은 손오공과 베지터의 싸움의 영향일지도 모른다.

~ I believe this is saying that they realized they were on his deathbed. Then he and Goku mysteriously vanished from the Earth. Years later, explosions on par with supernovas were detected, which were believed to be caused by a battle between Goku and Vegeta.
So they didn't just secretly run off together to immediately battle one another to the death, they went on adventures first? O_O

EDIT: Does it mention whether these explosions were detected in the living world or in the afterlife? I'm curious to know if it was a battle taking place before or after they died.
I'm guessing they fought a few lightyears from Earth in a battle to the death. Several years later, you could see the explosions from Earth.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:01 pm

Mewzard wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

Goku goes missing.

I'm guessing they fought a few lightyears from Earth in a battle to the death. Several years later, you could see the explosions from Earth.

Ah! Thank you so so much! That makes a lot of sense and it must mean the battle itself was enormous!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:03 pm

Chuquita wrote: Ah! Thank you so so much! That makes a lot of sense and it must mean the battle itself was enormous!
Considering the largest blast radii we ever see is on a planetary scale, the battle must of taken stars with them to leave that kind of devastation. I can't picture anything less than two FPSSJ3s chucking everything they have at one another.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:33 am

Mewzard wrote:
Chuquita wrote: Ah! Thank you so so much! That makes a lot of sense and it must mean the battle itself was enormous!
Considering the largest blast radii we ever see is on a planetary scale, the battle must of taken stars with them to leave that kind of devastation. I can't picture anything less than two FPSSJ3s chucking everything they have at one another.
If Toei doesn't see the amazingness that could be an animated version of the last Goku vs Vegeta battle, they must obviously hate money.

An animated, hour long (or more) prologue to DBO would be great.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:15 am

JulieYBM wrote:
DongHyun wrote:New Stroy ... !!

http://cafe.daum.net/FoReVerDB/70rX/5636
Hey, thanks a lot for bringing us up to speed on this new information (although you probably don't speak any English, it's nice to see you caring about us in the English-speaking world!)

So yeah, where's our Korean-speaking users? :p
10page.

그러나 나메크 성인들은 전멸한 것이 아니었다.
무리 장로는 신 나메크성이 파괴되기 직전에 포룽가와 교신해
전원을 지구에 보내도록 부탁했다.
지구에 도착한 무리 장로는. 지구의 신님인 덴데에게
신 나메크성에서 일어난 사건을 모두 전했다.
드래곤볼을 노리는 사람. 과거의 인조인간.
나메크성을 파괴한 특대 원기옥. 수수께끼의 존재 미라.

「미라라고 하는 이름을 들은 적이 있다. 분명히 예전에
시간의 계왕님이 그 이름을 말씀하셨다….」
「알았습니다. 그렇지만 이것은 지구의 사람들에게는
비밀로 해주세요. 여러분에 대해서는 제가 국왕에게
전하겠습니다.」

덴데의 중재로. 지구의 국왕도 나메크 성인들의 수용을 수락.
그들은 다시 지구에서의 생활을 시작하게 되었다.
그리고 약 150년.
현재는 무리 장로. 피콜로를 중심으로 지구상에서 새로운
생활관을 쌓아 올리고 있다.
과거에 나메크성. 신 나메크성이 멸망한 경위 때문에 사이어인.
그리고 그 피를 잠재적으로 갖고 있는 지구인에 대해서
거리를 두는 사람도 있는 것 같지만.
기본적으로 나메크의 독자적인 문화를 지키면서 평온인
생활을 보내고 있다.
그들은 신 나메크성이 미라 세력에 의해 멸망하게 된 경험을 통해.
현재의 지구에도 위협이 닥칠 것을 눈치채고 있다.
덴데. 천계의 사람들과 연계를 맺고. 비밀리에 미라 세력의 동향을
파악하여 대책을 진언하고 있다.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:14 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:Ok... now I want the rumor to be true for new manga lol. The timeline is pretty awesome. Toei should jump at the fact that there's one last Goku and Vegeta fight.
Hehehe

Please tell me I'm not the only one getting this.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:51 am

"Bob and Margaret's Forbidden Games."

I must get this book.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Mewzard wrote:
*fangasm*
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.