Dragon Ball Online Original Story

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Online Original Story

Post by DNA » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Goten Forever wrote:
Herms wrote:
kaialone wrote:Maybe its not even him (the symbol on his clothes is different )
It's 西饭, meaning "western rice", as opposed to the symbol Pilaf wears in the series, 炒饭, which means, well, rice pilaf (literally "fried rice"). I can't find any food that actually has that name though (there is a "Western Rice Mills" in Canada though).
Western Rice could refer to American rice. 'western' is used to refer anything which has an english-speaking source.
If I'm not wrong, in Japan "westerner" is basically "everyone else". Paella seems to be more accurate AND it's a type of "western" rice (Spanish). Also there's been mentions about this "Paeria" gang which is probably Paella with a crappy translation. And since he's a descendent of Pilaf, which is another type of rice, it all makes sense.

I've never heard of "American rice", do you guys actually have a different type of rice..?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:38 pm

kaialone wrote:But woldnt shooting them with water guns be like...shooting them with food to them? I dont think they would mind that much *starts squirting everywhere* Tehehehehe XD *shot*
It wasn't the actual water gun bit I found funny, but the fact that the crappy translation makes it sound like big brother or the paparazzi is out there watching so that the the Dragon World can have a "breaking news" broadcast to inform everyone that a Namekian was shot by a water gun.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:32 am

DBO World,

개구쟁이 교육 정책 (mischievous educational policy)
개구쟁이 교육 정책은 국왕의 지원 아래, 나라에서 강한 아이들을 육성하는 정책이다.

Age 975

어린 시절, 한때 부모 슬하에서 벗어나 자연 속에서 생활하는 「개구쟁이 교육」이 나라의 방침으로 채택된다. 「새싹 마을」, 「배에 빌리지」가 설립된다.
● 덴데의 의사(구세주의 육성) → 국왕

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:57 am

카린탑의 정체

카린탑은 엄밀히 말해 탑이 아닌 지금도 살아 있는 나무이다. 카린가 족이 10년에 한 번씩 자라난 카린탑에 조각을 새겨 넣어 그것이 쌓여 지금의 카린탑이 된 것이다.

http://cafe.daum.net/FoReVerDB/70rX/6268

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:25 pm

DNA wrote:
Goten Forever wrote:
Western Rice could refer to American rice. 'western' is used to refer anything which has an english-speaking source.
If I'm not wrong, in Japan "westerner" is basically "everyone else". Paella seems to be more accurate AND it's a type of "western" rice (Spanish). Also there's been mentions about this "Paeria" gang which is probably Paella with a crappy translation. And since he's a descendent of Pilaf, which is another type of rice, it all makes sense.

I've never heard of "American rice", do you guys actually have a different type of rice..?
I wouldn't know, being British, but there is some form of rice in America, though just the cheap stuff (Standard white or brown rice, produced in its country). He could be calling himself American or something.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Toonami97
Beyond Newbie

Post by Toonami97 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm

You know I really wish they would name the promo heroes Toriyama made in the promo videos