Dragon Ball Online Original Story

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Online Original Story

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Please. A supernova is so far beyond Dragonball it might as well be a hydrogen bomb next to a worm.

nathantheguitarist wrote:If Toei doesn't see the amazingness that could be an animated version of the last Goku vs Vegeta battle, they must obviously hate money.

An animated, hour long (or more) prologue to DBO would be great.
Fortunately for you, I have located an advance copy of their script.

Toei wrote: ss3 vegeta: grr kakarot fight me

base goku: *punches vegeta across the universe*

*vegeta hits the edge of the universe so hard his back breaks; he falls onto a planet, then looks up to see the ass of galactus inbound*

*back at the fighting area, goku gets naked and oily...

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 pm

^ That could sadly be true :cry:
I :lol: 'ed anyways :lol:

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:14 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:This stuff Akira Toriyama did.. isn't going to be part of my "Fandom" of "Canon." I don't really like it at all. It just seems like he came back to a story that he hasn't reviewed up on and started doodling. Doesn't seem like an epic story at all. Dragon Ball should never be added onto again, unless it's a special, then that would due suffice.
Eh...it's a video game. It doesn't have to be taken seriously, just that some people like to take it as canon. And I don't think Toriyama wrote it at all. Didn't he just provide character designs and stuff, like with GT?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:And I don't think Toriyama wrote it at all. Didn't he just provide character designs and stuff, like with GT?
We already went over this two pages ago:
Amaranth Sparrow wrote:It's also worth noting that Akira Toriyama's really involved in the game, and has to sign off on every single character design, scenery, item, and story element introduced in the game.
But while he signs off on the story elements, he didn't actually write the story, did he? I've seen people describe the DBO background story you posted, and the DBO story in general, as having come from Toriyama, but from what I've read it seems the game scenario was written by the game staff, and Toriyama's main involvement in the game is in the way of character designs. From what you've read/heard, would you say that's accurate?
Amaranth Sparrow wrote:Yeah, from what I've seen, that sounds about right. His direct involvement seems to mainly revolve around the character designs and the general look of the game, and beyond that, it's just general supervision. He probably contributes concepts for the story, but leaves the important details up to the scenario writers. Of course, it's hard to tell just how involved people are with games like this if they don't explicitly state what they've done.
So he had more involvement than with GT, but to say that he "wrote" the story would be an overstatement.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:21 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Yeah, but "GT" is an official part of the series. Well.. the "Anime" anyway. I know a lot of "Fans" like to claim it's not part of the "Manga" series, but.. 'ta' each his own.
GT isn't part of the manga though. The Dragon Ball manga ends at Volume 26 with Goku flying off with Oob. It can be considered an official part of the anime, at least, but not the canon manga.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
My YouTube

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:29 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:In my opinion.. it's part of everything. The "Anime" is where it's expressed and brought more into detail. I think a book is a book with ideas and a story. Putting it on the "Anime-format," is where it all counts. My opinion though.

I also heard that Akira Toriyama was going to make "Manga" 'GT' copies, but it was halted because of low budget. So then he decided to work on it through the "Anime."
OK, if that's your opinion, fine.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:33 pm

GT is better than DBO.

If for no other reason then because DBO features Buu's dick.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:13 pm

DongHyun wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
DongHyun wrote:New Stroy ... !!

http://cafe.daum.net/FoReVerDB/70rX/5636
Hey, thanks a lot for bringing us up to speed on this new information (although you probably don't speak any English, it's nice to see you caring about us in the English-speaking world!)

So yeah, where's our Korean-speaking users? :p
10page part2.

지구에 소리 없이 다가오는 이변

각지에서 이변이 일어나기 시작했다. 야생 동물의 몬스터화. 마족 몬스터들의 배회.
레드밴츠군. 프리더군 잔당 등. 소란을 틈탄 악당 집단의 대두.
무언가 좋지 않은 힘에 의해 지구가 침범당하고 있다고 느끼는 사람도 있긴 했지만.
그 정체는 아직 확실치 않았다. 그러던 가운데. 사건이 발발했다.

동쪽 도시가 갑자기 소식 불통이 되고, 조사를 떠난 왕립군의 소식도 끊어진 것이다.
국왕은 민중들이 패닉에 빠질까 두려워 그 사실을 공표하는 것을 꺼리고.
나메크 성인의 커뮤니티에 협력을 요청했다. 무리 장로는 그 제의를 받아들이고
피콜로에게 세계 각지에서 일어난 이변을 조사하도록 의뢰했다.
피콜로가 최초로 만난 것은. 각지에서 소란을 틈타 활개 치고 있는 피라후의 후예를
비롯한 악당 집단이었다.
본래 각자 독자 행동을 하는 그들이 같은 시기에 악행을 저지르는 이유는 무엇인가….

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Scarz wrote:"Bob and Margaret's Forbidden Games."

I must get this book.
Your grand collection of Dragon Ball hentai isn't enough for you? :)

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Hating DBO's story seems to be the hip thing among some fans, but I don't get it. It's full of great ideas and truly makes the always awful GT look like some bad fan fiction.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 pm

JulieYBM wrote:

Hey, thanks a lot for bringing us up to speed on this new information (although you probably don't speak any English, it's nice to see you caring about us in the English-speaking world!)

11page.

지구상에 이상하게 생긴 탈 것이 도착했다.
바로 트랭크스가 조종하는 타임머신이었다.
도착한 트랭크스는 곧 바로 「기」를 살펴보았다.

「……찾아냈다! 피콜로 씨의 기……, 덴데도……. 신님의 신전이다.」

트랭크스는 곧바로 신님의 신전에 당도했다.

「부탁합니다! 저를 도와주세요!」

과거. 인조인간이나 셀의 토벌 때문에 타임머신을 사용했던 트랭크스.
그러나 지구의 평화를 유지하기 위함이라고 해도.
타임머신의 사용은 본래 우주의 섭리에 반하는 행위….
그것을 사용함으로써 타임 패러독스가 발생해.
여러 갈래의 서로 다른 역사가 생겨나기 때문이다.
천계에서 시간의 흐름을 감독하는 「시간의 계왕」은 그러한 트랭크스의 행위에
엄중한 주위를 주었다.
그리고 그 이후 트랭크스는. 자신이 일으킨 역사의 왜곡을 바로잡는.
타임 패트롤의 역할을 맡게 된 것이다.

「누군가가 역사를 급격하게 늘리고 있어요.
그 폭주를 멈추지 않으면 우주는 끝입니다!」

「…뭐야?!」

천계 시간의 계왕이 가지고 있던 시간을 뛰어넘는 장치
「시간의 패스포트」를 빼앗은 미래의 지구인 미라.
그는 가는 곳마다 역사에 개입했기 때문에.
그로 인해 발생한 무수한 타임 패러독스가 우주 전체의 제한 용량을 압박하고 있었다.
그리고. 만약 이대로 타임 패러독스가 증대해 나가면….
우주는 그 용량을 버텨내지 못하고 대폭발을 일으켜 버린다는 것이다!

「역사를 늘리고 있는 녀석이 가장 많이 출입하고 있는 것은
분명 이 시대인 것 같습니다.」

피콜로는 생각했다.

「왜 지구, 왜 이 시대인가……. 모르겠다.
그러나 이 시대의 지구에 그 녀석이 노리는 무언가가 있을 것이다….」

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 pm

JulieYBM wrote:

last 12page.

새로운 구세주

나메크 성인의 수장인 무리 장로가 있는 곳으로.
조사를 계속하고 있던 피콜로가 돌아왔다.
국왕. 덴데. 거북선인. 점쟁이 할머니 바바….
위협이 닥칠 것임을 깨달은 사람들이 모인 가운데.
피콜로가 말했다.

「미라의 세력은 부우비 아일랜드 부근에 거점을 두고 있는 것 같다.
녀석들은 거기에서 북쪽의 수도, 왕립군 기지로 세력을 확대해갈 것이다….」

시간을 초월한 사악한 적. 미라.
그의 군세는 현대의 지구를 목표로 착실히 앞으로 나아가고 있었다….

「녀석들의 힘에 대항할 수 있는 사람은, 지굼의 지구에는 없을 것이다.
유감이지만 나도 포함해서 말이야…. 그러나, 미래에는 그 가능성이 있다!」

그 말을 들은 덴데는 봉인하고 있던 드래곤볼을 재생시키기로 결의한다.
드래곤볼 쟁탈을 둘러싸고.
지구의 많은 수행자들이 절차탁마하여 그 잠재적인 힘을 꽃피우길 바라며….

「나도 시간의 계왕님으로부터 이야기를 들었습니다.
미라의 정체는 미래의 지구인이라고…. 그렇다면 지금의 지구 사람들도
같은 힘을 각성할 가능성이 있을 겁니다. 지금의 내게 가능한 것은
그 힘에 눈을 뜨도록 도와주는 것뿐….
기다려봅시다. 반드시 나타날 거예요. 과거의 오공 씨와 같은 구세주가….」

그리고 현재. Age 1000년
다가오는 미지의 위협을 뒤로 하고 오늘도 수행자들은 각지에서 단련에 힘쓰고 있다.
구세주의 등장…. 그 가능성은 지구에 사는 모든 이들 안에 숨겨져 있다.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:47 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Hating DBO's story seems to be the hip thing among some fans, but I don't get it. It's full of great ideas and truly makes the always awful GT look like some bad fan fiction.
Hating GT's story seems to be the hip thing among some fans, but I don't get it. It's full of great ideas and truly makes the always awful DBO look like some bad fan fiction.

Bam, now can we stop comparing GT and DBO because Toriyama worked on both of them regardless of how much. Just because he writes/designs/pitches in doesn't automatically make it canon to the original story unless he explicitly says so. (But that makes me wonder if GT is canon because I do remember him explicitly saying it's a DB side-story or something... Oh well, doesn't matter.)

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:34 pm

You guys are being so complicated about all of this. This kind of crap is what makes Dragonball stop being fun. Seriously, stop being so underhanded with each other and have fun with what you like.

Is it that hard to enjoy what you like or is it a requirement to try and get on each other's nerves over a comic book and its spin-offs?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Yeah, I think he called it Dragon Ball's grand side-story and even drew his own SSJ4 Goku to go with his intro. I would personally take that as a seal of approval, but people can present strong arguments against it. -shrug- :?
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:06 pm

This is some interesting stuff. I wonder if it will lead to a new tidbit on the main site.
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Oh yeah, that hadn't occured to me. A tidbit on the site would be really awesome for keeping a more accessible (and authoritative?) hotspot for this new info.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter