Dragon Box Sound Quality: My Conclusion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonEric84
Banned

Re: Dragon Box Sound Quality: My Conclusion

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:07 pm

That's quite a difference. It sounds so much clearer and less muffled.
Trans rights, now!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Levlik wrote:I synchronized the preview clip of episode 237 on the Big Box that Kei uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RUJv9pb0Y0
And for comparison's sake, the DVD audio

You need to set the video to 720p in order to hear the best audio quality. I really long for the day we're able to hear the entire series at this quality but I doubt that'll ever happen :(
WOW is that a difference. Big Box audio sounds like it could've been newly-recorded with that high a quality. O_O
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

VegiitoAF

Post by VegiitoAF » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Hey Kei, is this the original run? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ethwv6dfHXs
PM if you have anything to sell!
Want to be the ultimate collector.

Namekjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namekjin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

VegiitoAF wrote:Hey Kei, is this the original run? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ethwv6dfHXs
I think it is, because in the original broadcast they had the NEP before the Ending.
"This is gonna be easier than coloring inside the lines!" - Vegeta
"OVER 9000!" - Vegeta
"YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE....MY WRATH!!!" - Vegeta
Nobody wrote : The Season Sets are superior in every way!!!

game4brains

Post by game4brains » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:10 pm

So I know this is an old thread, but I feel this bit of news is very important for it: someone recently uploaded all of the broadcast audio for Dragon Ball Z in its entirety, following a 6-year-long search. I can't say where the upload is for obvious reasons, but a little digging around should bring up some results.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Nearly all. A couple of episodes had to use EQ'd fansub audio to fill some gaps, but yeah, nearly all of the broadcast audio has been released. In addition, a large chunk of GT broadcast audio has also been released online, with more on the way.

Although... are we allowed to talk about this? I pmed an admin, but I got no response, so I assumed we were supposed to be silent about this.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Danfun64 wrote:Nearly all. A couple of episodes had to use EQ'd fansub audio to fill some gaps, but yeah, nearly all of the broadcast audio has been released. In addition, a large chunk of GT broadcast audio has also been released online, with more on the way.

Although... are we allowed to talk about this? I pmed an admin, but I got no response, so I assumed we were supposed to be silent about this.
Discussing is fine as long as no one is actually linking to said item after all we did for the first year of Super with fan subs etc when watching that show wasn't legal.

Edit- This thread is 6 years old holy cow, my bad for commenting in it, should have looked above.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Damn I miss Kei17 :( Hate the idiots that drove him away.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Danfun64 wrote:Nearly all. A couple of episodes had to use EQ'd fansub audio to fill some gaps, but yeah, nearly all of the broadcast audio has been released. In addition, a large chunk of GT broadcast audio has also been released online, with more on the way.
Indeed. I believe this is the same broadcast audio that Chris Sabat now has. The gaps you refer to are the first 10 minutes of episode #218, and about 6 or 7 small 2-3 minute gaps around episodes 230-270. I suppose if anything, this just proves that fansub audio could be used to supplement Chris Sabat's collection.
Anyone have a huge hoard of fansub tapes originating from the original TV airings they'd like to send to Sabat? Maybe some of OG Dragon Ball, perhaps?

Anyway, as for GT, since GT currently airs on TV in Japan with broadcast audio, it's not some big shock that that's out there too. Really, it was just a matter of time before someone took notice and uploaded some TV rips.

Now, if only high quality audio of the original series could get out somehow.
*Crosses fingers for 21st tournament arc broadcast audio someday*
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:01 pm

TVfan721 wrote:Damn I miss Kei17 :( Hate the idiots that drove him away.
Hmm, What exactly did they do to drive him away?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Danfun64 wrote:Although... are we allowed to talk about this? I pmed an admin, but I got no response, so I assumed we were supposed to be silent about this.
Protocol is kinda iffy here, isn't it? If we're just talking the audio, it's no different than talking about a fan rescore, is it? It's probably fine as long as no idiots come along and link it.

In any case, this is the hype for me right now. I wish it had come by different means, but considering the absurdly low probability an official release ever had of coming to fruition, I'm just happy it's out there. I'll be doing my best to preserve this collection in every way I can, and I'll be encouraging all legal owners of the TV show to do the same.
Retired.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Helios518 wrote:
TVfan721 wrote:Damn I miss Kei17 :( Hate the idiots that drove him away.
Hmm, What exactly did they do to drive him away?
They harassed him constantly asking for free stuff from him like original audio, videos of different dubs, etc Kei17 made it clear several times that he wasn't going to give anything from his collection and people didn't care, they still asked him over and over. I don't blame him for leaving but it's really sad that he's gone.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:41 am

This release of the broadcast audio has made some amazing flame wars on the internet. It's been interesting trying to piece together everything. While I would prefer this on an official release, that seemed to be more and more unlikely, at that point I'm just glad we have it in some form. I heard GT is getting a rerun on Animax with supposed Broadcast audio, does this mean we'll have the GT broadcast audio potentially find it's way onto the internet soon?
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

usotsuki

Post by usotsuki » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:49 am

Animax is airing GT starting July 26 at 8 PM JST. I think this is a weekly timespot, right after Detective Conan, which I already record week by week.

I'm very open with sharing, so I'll make sure it goes up somehow. That's all I believe I'm at liberty to say here.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:29 am

Personally, with this broadcast audio, i found my definite version of DBZ to watch, i really hope it will get official release, i would buy it for sure.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:55 pm

coola wrote:Personally, with this broadcast audio, i found my definite version of DBZ to watch, i really hope it will get official release, i would buy it for sure.
Funimation has it too, they could do it. Though if I'm right in assuming this leak is (basically) exactly what Sabat has, I don't think it'll happen. There are a few dips in quality that, while still greater than what they had before, might be too inconsistent to risk on an official release.
Retired.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:55 pm

I have to wonder though... is the fansub audio being used to fill the gaps really better than the Dragon Box or Season Bluray audio?
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:57 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I have to wonder though... is the fansub audio being used to fill the gaps really better than the Dragon Box or Season Bluray audio?
Assuming they're not downright of terrible quality, fansub audio still tends to be better than the optical audio, yes. As for these specifically, I haven't checked, but I'd be inclined to think they're still better.
Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:59 pm

I'm curious though. Which fansubs were used for filling gaps in each of those episodes? The same group, or different groups?
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I'm curious though. Which fansubs were used for filling gaps in each of those episodes? The same group, or different groups?
I wouldn't know, but it doesn't particularly matter, does it? If you get ahold of it, you can test for yourself how it holds up to the previous sources and the broadcast tapes of other episodes.
Retired.