What is Dragon Ball Hoshi???..........

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeFan8719

What is Dragon Ball Hoshi???..........

Post by AnimeFan8719 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:43 pm

What the fu*k is Dragon Ball Hoshi? Is this a some kind of a joke!? Do you actually believe this guy?

Dragonball Hoshi?!!!!
Mon May 23, 2011, 9:58 AM
Yes, in 2008 Naho Ooishi made a manga adaption for Akira Toriyama's DBZ special "Yo son goku and friends return", and it was pretty good.

He said in an interview that she knows dragonball very well, and over the years he has forgotten a bit of the story, so what better than to let a fan take over. He is not even doing one shot mangas like he used to, he is getting older and wants to enjoy his life. Dragonball Hoshi is supposedly going to be a manga CONTINUATION of the Dragonball Z manga where it left off with goku training uub. There will be an anime adaption as well. A newly designed ssj4 and more powerful version has been mentioned, and even a ssj5, both by Naho and Mr. Toriyama. This project was on hold for the efforts to help Japan in their time of need. Mr. Toriyama will help her out with the first arc, then slowly back off and let Ooishi take over.

If this project goes in fruition, then this will be added to the "canon" storyline along with dragonall/z/ online, remember gt is not a manga, nor is Z Ultimate, so those would be considered "what if" alternate universes. while at this, since toyble made a respectable online doujinshi about the fanmade AF series, that could be considered an "alternate timeline".

Canon - Dragonball, (Dragonball H), Dragonball Z, Dragonball Hoshi, Dragonball Online

Non Canon- Dragonball GT, Dragonball Z Ultimate

Non Canon Doujin- Dragonball H, Dragonball AF (in my eyes, Dragonball H is cannon everyone knows it is)

Non Public (developer's only series) - Dragonball Z Ultimate (4th series)

Limited Edition (poorly advertised) - GT Specials (as it takes more money to make movies)

And so there you have it.

Other than this there may be more crossovers to look forward to, and of course games but i dont keep up with the games because i am continuously convinced they are the same thing over and over again.

http://goku9.deviantart.com/journal/40799753/

Posted on: June 24, 2011 at 12:28 PM by Vincent

First off, it's not really called "dbgt 2" , but they happen to be specials that take place in between the 100 years that are exceptionally better than the original GT series itself. I call it GT2 to separate them even though it's still dbgt.

Secondly, I haven't posted on this site for goodness knows when, because right now there is nothing I can do at the moment from the outside. The best we can do is to get a company to buy it off the creators (which is not Toei) and air it in japan first then bring it online for the world to see, but right now everything has been on hold.

Third, Dragonball Z Ultimate was indeed a project that was completely animated, and never made it to the public. 2003 was the official date of release but it never came out so store owners pulled labels from the shelves in japan. The GT's are findable (hard as hell to find but not impossible), but z ultimate is no cake walk by any means. You certainly have to know someone in the company to obtain them, even then it doesn't guarantee obtaining them.

Last but not least, Naho Ooishi is gonna come out with a bunch of dragonball projects before hoshi. To promote the dragonball cardgame, she is making a supersaiyan bardock special for "Dragonball Heroes", and many more things to come so stay tuned. Hoshi is in the works.
http://www.randyrants.com/2005/01/dragonball.html

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: What is Dragon Ball Hoshi???..........

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

AnimeFan8719

Post by AnimeFan8719 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Its a joke, that's what...

http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =7&t=17489
Ok, Thanks for the link.

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arique » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 am

Yeah, it's an anime that will never exist, just like DragonBall AF.

Can we lock this thread now?
Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:45 am

We suuuuuuuuuure can.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::