Using the same backgrounds, Hanna-Barbera style.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Using the same backgrounds, Hanna-Barbera style.

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:22 pm

I didn't actually notice it until I saw the cut during the 24th episode of DBZ Abridged. Watch the ground Nail is laying on while he's talking to Freeza (4:50 - 5:00). He's laying on the same ground at both angles, it just isn't obvious until you see the cuts side by side.

Does anyone know of any other instances of this? I'm not complaining or anything, I just think it's nifty.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Using the same backgrounds, Hanna-Barbera style.

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Holy crap that transition reminds me of the Mario and Zelda CD-i cutscenes where the characters would move around and the camera would zoom in and out, but the backgrounds wouldn't move or change.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sun-Wukong » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Goddammit, that's one one of my favorite fights in the series and now I'll never be able to unsee that!
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Eh, it doesn't bother me. All of Namek looks the same anyway. :P
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sun-Wukong » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:04 pm

I noticed while watching the corresponding episode of the actual series, they use that same background again right before they summon Porunga and have to move the Dragon Balls away from the ship. You can see it in the same video at the 6:48 mark.
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.