Dragonball Errors

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragonball Errors

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Insertclevername wrote:If that were the case, then why would the glass window be positioned wrong?
Oh, I just noticed, you're right.

Forget what I said. :oops:

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue May 12, 2015 9:29 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:I never really understood why Krillin's eyes were colored the same as his skin tone.
Just design choice I think. I remember I used to be bothered as a kid that Willma/Barney's eyes were different than Fred/Betty's in The Flinstones :P

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 pm

Oozaru Goku snapped his neck
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:55 am

I was going through my personal Dragon Box rips (not the DBNL ones I was using before, of course) looking for good candidates for camera pans... when I noticed something odd.

Roshi's glasses are missing an arm.
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:50 pm

For whatever reason West Kaio is drawn with a halo in Episode 278.
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:28 am

Sorry for reviving this topic, but I just went through the whole thing and didn't find these listed so here we go:

Episode 55: We first see Piccolo with his eyes closed and when it fades to the next shot his eyes are open.

Episode 81: The perspective here makes Piccolo way larger than 2nd form Freeza.

Episode 97: Kami's Lookout looks off-balanced for some reason.

Episode 98: Super Saiyan Goku with black eyebrows.

Episode 101: Piccolo can't keep his torn shirt within the same scene.

Episode 107: Piccolo is missing his headgear
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:29 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Sorry for reviving this topic, but I just went through the whole thing and didn't find these listed so here we go:

Episode 55: We first see Piccolo with his eyes closed and when it fades to the next shot his eyes are open.

[/img]
So, I don't really understand where's the error here.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:08 pm

It crossfades to a shot with his eyes open, when the previous one has them closed.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:It crossfades to a shot with his eyes open, when the previous one has them closed.
But it's supposed to be a split second...just after the previous shot ended, giving him chance to open his eyes?
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:43 am

Errors I caught from the Artificial Humans arc:

Episode 121: Engrish.

Episode 128: Were Tenshinhans's eyes drawn like this before? They look off to me.

Episode 130: Gohan's belt is not colored.

Episode 131: Gohan's shoes are white instead of black

Engrish.

Episode 132: Veget'a eyebrows are miscolored (and that nose...)

Either Bulma's shirt is miscolored here or her pants are way too tight in this shot...

Shading is over Bulma's shirt line.

Episode 133: This is a known one, Gero is having both hands intact, but in the next episode recap it was corrected.

Episode 135: 18's legging are not colored.

Episode 136: Vegeta's background is different from how it was in the previous episode.

I don't know what's the exact issue in this shot. Did they forget to fill in Trunks' sword or the speed lines were on the wrong layer?

Episode 137: Kami's symbol is black instead of red.

Episode 139: Trunks' eyebrows do not match his hair in this scene.
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 am

Dragon Ball Episode 057: Arale's hat (which fell off in in the previous episode) briefly reappears during Blue's hostage "crisis". Image

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:54 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote: I don't know what's the exact issue in this shot. Did they forget to fill in Trunks' sword or the speed lines were on the wrong layer?
It's pretty clearly just to make it look like it's slicing through the air. It's a stylized way of making it look like it's in fast motion, with those "gaps" there to simulate motion blur. The tops of the sword could have been a bit more bent to make it more apparent though, I suppose.

Here are a couple I have seen recently:

Here, Vegeta's armor is completely intact after Freeza finishes punching him in the back:

But, the very next shot he tosses Vegeta into the side of a hill, and in this shot his armor is very busted up, with the entire lower half blown out:

This shot of Vegeta landing on Namek has the lower trim of his armor colored like a tail:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat May 27, 2017 5:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fT1ZyvDnB8
Goku has a tiny head here at 0:11.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:35 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fT1ZyvDnB8
Goku has a tiny head here at 0:11.
Yeah, Tomekichi Takeuchi's animation started getting a bit odd around that point in the series.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:26 am

Gohan's still wearing his green Saiyaman tunic, but here it's colored like his black bodysuit.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:01 am

Okay, I know this is the same case as it was in the manga, but what the hell happened to Dende's height in the Boo Saga? Did someone leave him in the dryer for too long or something?!

-----------

Episode 202:
Engrish

Another Engrish

Episode 214:
Killa goes and pull his number. He pulls a 13 instead of 14 as he says a moment later.

What's with Kibit's eyes?! :crazy:

Episode 215:
In the recap segment we see Yamu's head with Killa's hand, and they didn't even bother to fix the number.

How it went in episode 214:

Episode 216:
Engrish

Episode 217:
Kuririn's placement changes between scenes.

More Engrish

Episode 218:
The holes under Karin's floor changes number from 5 to 4.
My Anime List
My Manga List

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:09 am

Last bits of errors that I personally caught on:

Episode 230:
Goten's position changes between shots.

Episode 252:
Either that guy got a really big head or really short arms.

Episode 258:
I wouldn't call it an error, but worth mention: Up until this episode, Super Boo's eyes were white but changed to red after getting punched to the face by Gotenks for the remainder of the series.

Episode 264:
For a brief moment Boo's hand is drawn like the way they are in the manga with two fingers instead of five like how he's changed for the TV series.

Episode 266:
Mr. Satan's mustache is not colored in.

Episode 271:
King Enma is watching the events via screen projected on a sheet from behind his desk. However we see later on in episode 286 that it got changed to a big TV placed to his right side like how it was in the manga.

Episode 285:
17 is holding his rifle with two hands in one shot and with one the next. His coat is also miscolored in the first shot.

Episode 287:
Gohan's tiny left hand.

Episode 289:
Engrish

The bear changes height from above Goku's head to up to his shoulder between shots.
My Anime List
My Manga List

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:59 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Okay, I know this is the same case as it was in the manga, but what the hell happened to Dende's height in the Boo Saga? Did someone leave him in the dryer for too long or something?![spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Toriyama provably forgot. He drew Dende with that design then almost 3 volumes worth of chapters later he evidently forgot what he drew him as last time and then gave him his kid design with traditional Namekian clothes.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:26 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:Okay, I know this is the same case as it was in the manga, but what the hell happened to Dende's height in the Boo Saga? Did someone leave him in the dryer for too long or something?![spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Toriyama provably forgot. He drew Dende with that design then almost 3 volumes worth of chapters later he evidently forgot what he drew him as last time and then gave him his kid design with traditional Namekian clothes.
This is one instance where Toriyama's forgetfulness kind of annoys me. It would have been nice if Toei had kept the design from his first Buu arc appearance to correct the inconsistency.