Dragonball Errors

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Dragonball Errors

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Hello!

I've had plans on doing this for a while so here it is: Dragonball Errors. Please note that I'm far from done with this. More errors will be included as I find them. I hope this topic gains popularity by the folks of Daizenshuu EX and I hope you will join me in my quest for finding these errors.

[All pictures posted are from the Dragon Box, except Fusion Reborn]

Yamcha changes clothes (in) Episode 124(This Error was fixed in Kai)

Dr.Gero loses his hand in Episode 132 (Not an Error)
But in Episode 133 his hand is shown when Android 17 snatches the shut-down device

Vegeta changes his armour (in) Episode 78
Vegeta in his correct armour (Not an Error)
Then after the scene with Frieza killing King Vegeta, BAM!

Goku's eyebrows should be blonde

Frieza losses his scouter (in) Episode 78
Before Frieza kills King Vegeta, he sits on his throne (Not an Error)
But as soon as he stands up, it's gone :shock:
Misspelling of the word Capsule (Honestly, I make spelling mistakes, but this? :lol: )
Episode 46
After the Spaceship flies off it's back to normal

Now this one I just hate! I always noticed this even as a child.
Krillin changes clothes (in) Episode 87
Here we see Piccolo telling Gohan and Krillin that it's time to go. (Not an Error)
Then Krillin's clothes magically change as he flies off :shock:

This is not an Image Error!
When Vegeta Finds out about Trunks being his son, he says something along the lines of he thought that Saiyans could only have black hair. Why would he say this? Because when he was a child he was around other Saiyans that had different colored hair? (This is the English version; I'm not sure if the Japanese version says the same, so someone can correct me). But as you can see: blue hair and blonde hair & some kinda red-ish hair

Fusion Reborn Movie
Here we can see Goku explaining how to do Fusion
Then we get a side shot of Goku and BAM! Why did you switch Goku? :lol:
Then it goes back to him wearing the blue under shirt as you can see
Last edited by samuraix123 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 25 times in total.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Re: Dragonball Errors

Post by sumpter360 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Yeah, I also remember somewhere in the Freeza episodes, you see Krillin in his Saiyan armor, but there's a shot where the parts that extend off the thighs are gone. Cool topic, btw. It'll be great to see it filled out with pictures :D
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:17 pm

There is one scene I remember. It's when Raditz knocks the wind out of Goku and takes Gohan. When they are bringing Goku back to Kame House, his shoes change.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 pm

This thread is awesome. I have never noticed that there were so many errors in these episodes.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:13 pm

samuraix123 wrote:When Vegeta Finds out about Trunks being his son. He Says something along the lines of he thought that Saiyans could only have Black Hair. Why would he say this? Because when he was a Child he was around other Saiyans that had different colored hair?(This is the English version I'm not sure if the Japanese version says the same. So someone can correct me. But as you can see Blue hair and Blonde hair. & some kinda Red-ish hair
As far as Toriyama was concerned, all Saiyans were supposed to have black hair. He told Toei this when they were making the Bardock special, but then added, "But since you seem to want more varied colors, I don't mind if you ignore this." So it's just Toei doing what they want and not worrying about whether it contradicts a line later.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Brodes_Vegetto

Post by Brodes_Vegetto » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Love this idea! good job.

Omg can't believe I've never noticed most of those. Favourite so far is "CPSULE" :D
Brogetto

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KakaR0T » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Wow I can't believe I never noticed any of these. I usually have a good eye for stuff like that. I feel like going back and re-watching DBZ to not only see these errors for myself but maybe even find some more.

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Wow. I can't believe all of the "errors" I didn't even noticed. :lol:

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:05 pm

There's a bunch from movie 12 in this thread.
(Posting images, if Tanooki Kuribo wants them removed for bandwidth or something, just say so.)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:24 am

how are my photo's being removed on photobucket? they're still on there perfect

Edit - Never mind i fixed it for now
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:42 am

I always thought and will, that Goten's change of clothes is intentional. In the same way how Gohan goes Great Saiyaman as his head rotates.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:16 am

Dragonball GT
Episode 30
As soon as Goku agrees to play Sugoro's game, they step onto a platform that reads ''AER YOU READY?'' it should spell ''ARE YOU READY?''
Last edited by samuraix123 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
#1 Paikuhan fan!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:18 am

If you look on episode 277 of DBZ, you can notice Son Goku is switching from SSJ1 to SSJ2 hairstyle, between shots.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:43 am

Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan

When Broly grabs Trunks & Goku. HE slams Goku into a pipe and he falls.
As you can see his hair is black
But right after you see Trunks getting slammed into the building. you get a shot of Goku holding his breath as a Super Saiyan
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:03 am

They couldn't even fix his hair color in Kai..

Red Tiger

Post by Red Tiger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi,
You can find more errors in this website.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:51 pm

#1 Paikuhan fan!

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:17 pm

I don't know the original dialogue, but in the English dub when Ginyu says "Run for your lives!", the minions run towards the direction of Ginyu and not the other way.

I guess that could count as an error.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Gonstead wrote:I don't know the original dialogue, but in the English dub when Ginyu says "Run for your lives!", the minions run towards the direction of Ginyu and not the other way.

I guess that could count as an error.
I think he means animation errors.

Red Tiger

Post by Red Tiger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:21 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Thanks :) I'm still going through episodes & movies.
No problem man!