Dragon Box FUNimation Survey

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Dragon Box FUNimation Survey

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:34 pm

CashmanX wrote:Voted for the Dragonball Dragon box!
Assuming Dragonball tops out, do you think they'll anounce it some time later this year?
Box 1 - 001 to 040
Box 2 - 041 to 080
Box 3 - 081 to 120
Box 4 - 121 to 153

Only four boxes in total, I presume (like the Dragon Box Z-form 40 eps per box).

I sure hope they'll include the Dragon Ball Specials (Educational stuff and whatever).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm

I'm curious about something if hypothetically Funi does decide to release the DBOX for DB what would the chances be for them getting the 2nd opening both texted and textless?
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:40 pm

superrayman3 wrote:I'm curious about something if hypothetically Funi does decide to release the DBOX for DB what would the chances be for them getting the 2nd opening both texted and textless?
The second opening and ending is on the Dragon Box. But not textless.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:
superrayman3 wrote:I'm curious about something if hypothetically Funi does decide to release the DBOX for DB what would the chances be for them getting the 2nd opening both texted and textless?
The second opening and ending is on the Dragon Box. But not textless.
Oh ok thanks for the info so if Funi releases DBOX for DB it will have the 2nd OP for the episodes that had it originally (ep 102-153).
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:44 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:I'd like to take this post to suggest everyone take the opportunity to misuse those "Why are these your favorite Sagas?" comment boxes to suggest things like: reprinting the Z Boxes, throwing the extras from the original Z Boxes onto the Movies box or something (TV Specials, OVA, etc), and the Mexican dub (even if you don't really care, it's the thought of other fans that counts).

Also, I voted DB first, though really they should release all of them. DB coming out first would be nice.
Yes! If you're willing to do it, please do this people.. I think there's a huge amount of silent fans out there that would love the mexican dub track in FUNimation's releases, including me.. doesn't hurt to ask at least.
They had it on the Ultimate Uncuts, then they stopped including them from there on again. :cry:

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:49 pm

I think it's pretty farfetched to think that they would put the Mexican dub on an American Dragon Box release for Dragon Ball or the Movies. No offense or anything, I'm half Mexican myself, but I'm sure they would just do what they did with the DBZ Dragon Box. It would be enough if we got these at all...

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:53 pm

I voted for DragonBox the movies.I'm holding off on the movie packs and Blue Ray Double Features.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Beji wrote:I voted Dragon Ball and abused the chat boxes I doubt people are going to read why they are our favorite sagas and me saying how much I appreciate them considering o release Dragon Ball on the Dragon Box >< I think after this survey they aren't going to release the GT saga unless people who watched it on nicktoons liked it. I was told by a friend that he used the chat box to vote a favorite saga and write badly about GT in the comments bar I hope no one else did that :(
I... did that... I used the GT box to talk about how I didn't like GT... BUT... I said I'd buy a GT box just to support the DBox releases.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 pm

dprez wrote:I think it's pretty farfetched to think that they would put the Mexican dub on an American Dragon Box release for Dragon Ball or the Movies. No offense or anything, I'm half Mexican myself, but I'm sure they would just do what they did with the DBZ Dragon Box. It would be enough if we got these at all...
Very true, but like I said, they did it with the UU, so it doesn't hurt to try and ask.. just a few strokes on a keyboard. :D FUNi must know there's a lot of hispanic fans in the U.S. if they actually released a spanish dub version of Z before (and Cooler's Revenge, for some reason).

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Looks like the majority of people are choosing the original Dragon Ball series. Well, at least the ones that are posting in this thread.

I still think that FUNi should release the Movies in singles. People would buy them no matter what. Even though it would be more affordable to us in boxes, FUNi could make more money if they released them in singles. Even with a MSRP of $29.98 each, amazon would still sell them for like $20. I'd be willing to pay that and help support future FUNi Dragon Box releases. (If the movies were released first.)

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:01 pm

DemonRin wrote:
Beji wrote:I voted Dragon Ball and abused the chat boxes I doubt people are going to read why they are our favorite sagas and me saying how much I appreciate them considering o release Dragon Ball on the Dragon Box >< I think after this survey they aren't going to release the GT saga unless people who watched it on nicktoons liked it. I was told by a friend that he used the chat box to vote a favorite saga and write badly about GT in the comments bar I hope no one else did that :(
I... did that... I used the GT box to talk about how I didn't like GT... BUT... I said I'd buy a GT box just to support the DBox releases.
As would I, and probably just about every other member on these boards.

I find this kind of interesting, I mean they already have the Z Movies right, so maybe with this survey, they are seeing if they should go straight for the Dragon Ball footage Toei has for their Dragon Ball Dragon Box, or start producing Dragon Box: The Movies right away. Since their Blu-ray process is on hiatus, they all have plenty of time on their hands these days.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:01 pm

I voted for the original DB. I don't think the blue bricks look bad at all. On the contrary, I think they're the best-looking of the three sets of bricks. They could still look far better though, and next-episode-previews are really nice. The steelbooks don't look great, but I'd much rather have the original Dragon Ball.
And I wouldn't like movie singles. A nice boxset would be better and take up less room.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Craddle wrote:I still think that FUNi should release the Movies in singles. Even with a MSRP of $29.98 each, amazon would still sell them for like $20. I'd be willing to pay that and help support future FUNi Dragon Box releases. (If the movies were released first.)
As would I, but I'd prefer a Box set. This is a great step forward in getting Dragon Ball in it's finest form. I honestly thought this would never happen. The movies I figured would be released eventually, but the original Dragon Ball, I thought I would have to settle with the blue bricks...

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:11 pm

dprez wrote:As would I, but I'd prefer a Box set. This is a great step forward in getting Dragon Ball in it's finest form. I honestly thought this would never happen. The movies I figured would be released eventually, but the original Dragon Ball, I thought I would have to settle with the blue bricks...
I had honestly been contemplating whether to save up and buy the r2 DB and GT DBoxes. Glad that I won't have to worry about that now. Even if these aren't released for years. At least we know they are looking in to doing it.

Jawdrahb
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jawdrahb » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Thank you (& happy birthday!) Craddle for starting this thread, I'm almost certain FUNimation looks at the Daizenshuu EX message board as an undeniably dedicated community.

I decided to choose 'The Movies' as it's public knowledge they posses the masters, release the darn tootin' thing already! It's a short term product and the stock of the Z sets has already set precedent for a viable market. I had to explain my choices further for favourite sagas only to make oblivious that we fans mean business!

To confirm, I would like (and need!) ALL of the remaining Dragon Box releases however at the moment the movies seems the most feasible as the next release.
Last edited by Jawdrahb on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:19 pm

dprez wrote:
Craddle wrote:I still think that FUNi should release the Movies in singles. Even with a MSRP of $29.98 each, amazon would still sell them for like $20. I'd be willing to pay that and help support future FUNi Dragon Box releases. (If the movies were released first.)
As would I, but I'd prefer a Box set. This is a great step forward in getting Dragon Ball in it's finest form. I honestly thought this would never happen. The movies I figured would be released eventually, but the original Dragon Ball, I thought I would have to settle with the blue bricks...
Ditto.. I have actually hold off from buying the blue brick sets in the hopes of getting a DB Dbox someday, and it looks like it might be possible now. Can't wait to have those Dragonball Dragonbooks in my hands. :D I suspect it would be around 4 boxes in total?

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Daimakku wrote:Ditto.. I have actually hold off from buying the blue brick sets in the hopes of getting a DB Dbox someday, and it looks like it might be possible now. Can't wait to have those Dragonball Dragonbooks in my hands. :D I suspect it would be around 4 boxes in total?
I think it would likely be four, but I wouldn't mind three, each with 51 episodes.
Also, I just realized if there were a DB box, there would be no complaints of there being no dub music, because there is no dub music TO put on there.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm

I think FUNimation knew it was my birthday. (Yeah, right...) Regardless, best present ever!

Pokewhiz, myself and a few others had a discussion about this before. I think 4 boxes for DB is the most plausible. After doing the math and taking everything in to consideration.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:26 pm

It's true that a Movie release would most likely come much sooner if that's what they end up doing, but getting the Dragon Ball footage from Toei is an ASAP situation I think.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Jawdrahb wrote:Thank you Craddle for starting this thread, I'm almost certain FUNimation looks at the Daizenshuu EX message board as an undeniably dedicated community.
You're welcome. 4000+ Dragon Ball fans all in one place. I bet they do.

I got a few of my friends to do the survey from posting it on my FB wall. Any little bit helps I guess.