Dragon Box FUNimation Survey

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Box FUNimation Survey

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:41 pm

I voted movies because we know they got em.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:48 pm

So hold on, they mention movies 1-17 in that survey; that obviously means all 13 DBZ movies and the 4 DB movies. So that means the two Z TV specials wouldn't be on the Movies Dragonbox?

That is total bullshit... I want the Bardock and Trunks specials in Dbox form.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Yea it's lame. We will most likely never get the two specials and the OVA in Dragon Box form :(

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:53 pm

I wonder if living outside the US makes my survey input less valuable somehow?

Anyway, I did the survey, and I'm going to try to get some friends to do it as well. The more support, the better our chances are!
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I voted movies because we know they got em.
Nope. As far as we know, they only have DBZ movies 1-13. The survey says 1-17. Which would include the DB movies. So voting for the movies just because you think they have them doesn't really effect the possibility of the release. They would still need to acquire the rights to the DB films.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I did it this morning, so I can't remember whether I voted for DBox the Movies or Dragonball, but it was a close one either way. If anything, I'd watch Dragonball more, but the movies would take less time and money to collect.

In the comment boxes, I asked for a couple things:

1) For the Trunks and Bardock specials to be released.
2) For the Z Season Sets to be discontinued in favor of box sets using the DBox footage but with cheaper more standardized packaging. This way, the footage, NEPs, etc. could be picked up by people who missed the DBox, but there's still a bit of exclusivity (cooler packaging and the Dragonbooks) for those who got the DBox on the first run. It'd be the equivalent of the R2 singles.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 pm

dprez wrote:Yea it's lame. We will most likely never get the two specials and the OVA in Dragon Box form :(
Sorry to sound so ignorant, but what OVA are you talking about?

I care about the TV specials the most.. it doesn't make sense to not include them; they're part of the main series. They are more important to the story than the movies are.

I will be thoroughly pissed if FUNimation doesn't include them in the Movies box.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Daimakku wrote:
dprez wrote:Yea it's lame. We will most likely never get the two specials and the OVA in Dragon Box form :(

I care about the TV specials the most.. it doesn't make sense to not include them; they're part of the main series. They are more important to the story than the movies are.

I will be thoroughly pissed if FUNimation doesn't include them in the Movies box.
"Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans"

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Craddle wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I voted movies because we know they got em.
Nope. As far as we know, they only have DBZ movies 1-13. The survey says 1-17. Which would include the DB movies. So voting for the movies just because you think they have them doesn't really effect the possibility of the release. They would still need to acquire the rights to the DB films.
Ah fair enough...either way I wan't the movies.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 pm

dprez wrote:
Daimakku wrote:

"Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans"
The remake was pretty good on Raging Blast 2, in my opinion. Dont really care about that one. But the two TV specials are essential.

I doubt FUNimation is stupid enough to ignore them, though. I have more a little more faith in them than that.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:09 pm

I did the survey as well when I got home. I was very happy when I saw the news that Funimation may put out more Dragon Boxes. I voted for Dragon Ball since that is my favorite part of the series and I would love to see all of the openings/endings with the original Japanese title cards.

I would also like the movies but right now Dragon Ball is my top priority.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Daimakku wrote:I doubt FUNimation is stupid enough to ignore them, though. I have more a little more faith in them than that.
Well, it's not that they would ignore them exactly, they may just not be able to get their DBox footage as easily as that. Everything and anything Dragon Ball should be FUNimations top priority... and now with this little teaser survey out they better give us something...

CheechMonger

Post by CheechMonger » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:16 pm

I already have the blue box release of Dragon Ball, but if Funimation released the Dragon Ball Dragon Boxes, I'd buy them without hesitation, so that's how I voted.
In his spare time, when he isn't training or fighting (and when isn't he training or fighting), does Goku do Sudoku? Find out.... TODAY!!!

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Glad to see that this survey is bringing a lot of traffic to the forums. I bet Mike has a slue of new registration emails. lol.

Did anyone watch the FUNimation Q & A lightning round? They were doing questions from fans really quickly and they had someone straight copy/paste the questions for them to read and answer. There was so many Dragon Box questions. I think all those questions, our replies to the last survey, and the unfortunate outcome of the Blu-rays prompted this survey. Also, they've got to keep new Dragon Ball product on the shelves. It is their biggest seller.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Took the survey, very happy that they're considering releasing additional boxes. :3
I voted for the original DB, since that's what I'd like to own most in DBox format outside of the Z ones that I have.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Solid Snake Way
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Solid Snake Way » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:56 pm

I don't think I would even get the Plan to Eradicate all Saiyans if it was available in the best of qualities. It was the most boring db related thing, not sure if it's better than Bio Broly but it was bad.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Solid Snake Way wrote:I don't think I would even get the Plan to Eradicate all Saiyans if it was available in the best of qualities. It was the most boring db related thing, not sure if it's better than Bio Broly but it was bad.
I gotta have everything, so if it was released here I'd pick it up.

Never saw it, but like a year ago I found the whole thing separated into like 4 parts on youtube. I planned to watch it but I just never got around to it. I haven't checked but it's probably been taking off for copyright infringement or whatever.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 pm

A major question is whether Toei will give them the masters as easily... Toei may want more than they did with the Dragon Box Z masters, since they may think they will be able to get it.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:A major question is whether Toei will give them the masters as easily... Toei may want more than they did with the Dragon Box Z masters, since they may think they will be able to get it.
I doubt that. It has a lot less episodes. If anything, Toei would ask more for DBZ than anything else. Since they know it's the best seller for FUNi.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 pm

I voted for the movies. I know they already have them so it will be easier and faster for them to get it out. They still need the rights for DB and DBGT.
You must have faith in who you are.