Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Freeza's latest return does have a benefit the other one's don't: he'll be doing something different this time. Literally the mentality behind AAALLLL of his comebacks was to use him as a punching back to make someone look cool.

Now he's gotta interact with these people he despises and cooperate with them, potentially work to screw them by conspiring with the enemy or to make himself look better,...
I won't put any value into that until we see where things are going with him, but it's possible. I'm not an optimist though.
Retired.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I won't put any value into that until we see where things are going with him, but it's possible. I'm not an optimist though.
I'm not optimist too on that either. I think they will just bring Freeza for sh*t and giggles and have him go back to Hell after the tournament ends or maybe erase him for good. There are so many possibilities that could be amusing in this scenario, but they probably will play safe on this one.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Noah wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I won't put any value into that until we see where things are going with him, but it's possible. I'm not an optimist though.
I'm not optimist too on that either. I think they will just bring Freeza for sh*t and giggles and have him go back to Hell after the tournament ends or maybe erase him for good. There are so many possibilities that could be amusing in this scenario, but they probably will play safe on this one.
It's a dark age when I'm the optimist for once :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat May 27, 2017 8:43 pm

While I prefer sub over dub when it comes to DBZ, I honestly prefer watching the first 3 DBZ movies with the Ocean dubs to the Japanese version. There's just something about those dubs that I love. They make me wish Ocean had dubbed the other movies.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 28, 2017 7:51 pm

King Cold, Coola, and Chilled all should never have existed.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun May 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Gog wrote:King Cold, Coola, and Chilled all should never have existed.
Cooler isn't canon. Chilled probably isn't either. EoB doesn't make sense anyway.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 28, 2017 8:04 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Gog wrote:King Cold, Coola, and Chilled all should never have existed.
Cooler isn't canon. Chilled probably isn't either. EoB doesn't make sense anyway.
Dragon Ball is the franchise equivalent of Schrödinger's cat. It exists in a state of canon, and non canon at the same time.

But, that's not my problem with them. My problem with them is that they're all Freeza's clones in terms of personality.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Gog wrote:But, that's not my problem with them. My problem with them is that they're all Freeza's clones in terms of personality.
Not really, they have their common family traits (Like being complete and utter prats with big egos), but they do have their own personalities. Well, except for Chilled, he supposed to be a Frieza clone so that Bardock in some way gets to kick Frieza's ass.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Kanassa wrote: Not really, they have their common family traits (Like being complete and utter prats with big egos), but they do have their own personalities. Well, except for Chilled, he supposed to be a Frieza clone so that Bardock in some way gets to kick Frieza's ass.
But, that's the problem their just all Freeza clones with some disposable quirks, Coola's supposedly Freeza, but smarter(except he's really not at the end of the day), King Cold's Freeza, but more delusional. At most all I can say if that some of them had good designs.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Gog wrote: But, that's the problem their just all Freeza clones with some disposable quirks, Coola's supposedly Freeza, but smarter(except he's really not at the end of the day), King Cold's Freeza, but more delusional. At most all I can say if that some of them had good designs.
Cooler is a pragmatic man, while he does have a ego he doesn't allow it to consume him. He's a respectful and well-mannered person towards his alies; treating his subordinates with a large degree of trust, never abusing or threatening them and even offering to take on opponents that they can't deal with as well as even being open to their advice. He doesn't fight or kill for his own amusement, he does so for the sake of self-improvement and because it's his 'job'. Though, he does seem to have an extreme inferiority complex with his family, comparing everything he does in some way to Frieza. Like Vegeta in a way, he's always out to prove something.

Cold can't really be said to be a copy of Frieza, because he barely has any time to have a personality. He's there for, what? Two episodes? And for most of that he just seems to be an over bearing and flamboyant father who likes to stand behind powerful beings. The only noticeable scene of personality is when he offers to take Trunks as his son because he killed Frieza.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Kanassa wrote: Cooler is a pragmatic man, while he does have a ego he doesn't allow it to consume him. He's a respectful and well-mannered person towards his alies; treating his subordinates with a large degree of trust, never abusing or threatening them and even offering to take on opponents that they can't deal with as well as even being open to their advice. He doesn't fight or kill for his own amusement, he does so for the sake of self-improvement and because it's his 'job'. Though, he does seem to have an extreme inferiority complex with his family, comparing everything he does in some way to Frieza. Like Vegeta in a way, he's always out to prove something.
I would say Coola did let his ego consume him. He was confident with his unexplained transformation he could defeat the Legendary Super Saiyan who defeated his brother, and father, but when it proved to not be enough he freaked out. Even then I wouldn't go as far as to call Coola pragmatic considering his whole entire plan consisted of smashing the Super Saiyan with his new form.

Heck, Freeza from Fukkatsu No F had a better plan than him. Train for four months to become over a million times stronger (also gaining an unexplained form) so that you wont get smushed by Goku, and if that fails get Sorbet and his ring to kill him while he's off guard, and if that fails blow up the planet. By that logic Freeza himself is more pragmatic than his brother.

Freeza was also well mannered, and respectful towards his allies, he did consistently refer to them as Mr, and he did trust them to get the job done in the end. Freeza only ever threatened his allies with death when everything was falling apart at the very end, even then it was only once, and only towards Zarbon who rightfully did mess up.

Coola fights to avenge the honor, and pride of his family which is the only reason why he even bothered showing up on Earth in the first place. And Coola has never actually fought for improvement in the first place considering that even his fifth form was just something he mutated one day. In fact it's even implied that Coola was the stronger of the two.

Cold can't really be said to be a copy of Frieza, because he barely has any time to have a personality. He's there for, what? Two episodes? And for most of that he just seems to be an over bearing and flamboyant father who likes to stand behind powerful beings. The only noticeable scene of personality is when he offers to take Trunks as his son because he killed Frieza.
I wouldn't describe King Cold as flamboyant, I would call him cowardly however.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Dub haters can be much worse than the sub haters.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 am

Cauliflowa never should have learned Super Saiyan.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon May 29, 2017 2:51 am

Gog wrote:Cauliflowa never should have learned Super Saiyan.
Much less SS2 in a span of 3 hours
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:17 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:While I prefer sub over dub when it comes to DBZ, I honestly prefer watching the first 3 DBZ movies with the Ocean dubs to the Japanese version. There's just something about those dubs that I love. They make me wish Ocean had dubbed the other movies.
I know how you feel. To me it's pure nostalgia. It just brings me back 20 years. And not the same way the Ocean dub of the TV does either. The movies were rare treats, so the emotional connection I have with them is even more intense because back in the day I could only see them once in a blue moon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 29, 2017 11:34 am

I don't mind the lack of blood in Super. Hell, I think Black killing Future Bulma is one of the most disturbing scenes in Dragon Ball as a whole.

Kanassa wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 29, 2017 11:48 am

Kanassa wrote:I don't mind the lack of blood in Super. Hell, I think Black killing Future Bulma is one of the most disturbing scenes in Dragon Ball as a whole.
I think Goku Black killing Chi Chi and Goten is far more disturbing. Because you don't actually see it happen. You're left to your imagination as to how horrifically he used his ki sword to butcher them down.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon May 29, 2017 11:58 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I don't mind the lack of blood in Super. Hell, I think Black killing Future Bulma is one of the most disturbing scenes in Dragon Ball as a whole.
I think Goku Black killing Chi Chi and Goten is far more disturbing. Because you don't actually see it happen. You're left to your imagination as to how horrifically he used his ki sword to butcher them down.
I think the existence of DBS rof is far More disturbing because we don't know what's the purpose for being there or the suffering of the animators due of the rough schedule,oh the agony of the animators Being criticized constantly due of the bad animation
    unpopular opinion time,I really don't care for the Saiyans​ of u6 or pride troopers,the only​ one in looking forward to see is jiren
    Mostly active on discord.

Ki Breaker
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon May 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Universe 6 Saiyans had the most boring and bad looking first transformations ever, for any species..

Cauliflowas concentration energy looked like she had a bunch of pimples on her back..
    The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 pm

The gr wrote:
    Lord Beerus wrote:
    I think the existence of DBS rof is far More disturbing because we don't know what's the purpose for being there or the suffering of the animators due of the rough schedule
    The purpose of retelling BOG and ROF was because there are millions of potential new fans of the show who had not watched BOG and ROF. It was basically done to prevent continuity lockout. The BOG retelling wasn't even that bad. It was actually pretty decent and serviceable. It's the ROF retelling, more specifically from Episode 21 - 26 (Excluding the first half of EP 26 where Tate give us gorgeous animation), that the quality and consistency nose dives.