Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:17 am

HATES YOU IN SPANISH. Nah, te aprecio mucho.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:04 am

DragonBallKing wrote:Here's another one: I believe Goku's SSJ transformation was better in Kai in the Japanese version for only 1 reason: the scream. No matter how many times I watch it the awkward cut to the deep yell always sounds fake and weird in Z.
I think it was Nozawa's scream but with a Filter voice.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:16 am

There are rumors that it was Hideyuki Hori who did that deep scream instead of Nozawa.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:30 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:There are rumors that it was Hideyuki Hori who did that deep scream instead of Nozawa.
It's ridiculous because why would the dialogue director call someone who was already replaced to do a simple scream?

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:12 am

Tian wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:There are rumors that it was Hideyuki Hori who did that deep scream instead of Nozawa.
It's ridiculous because why would the dialogue director call someone who was already replaced to do a simple scream?
Exactly, also that scream was similar to how Nozawa do with Gokū screams with that long "YAAAAAA!!"
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.

MediaFanGirl93
Beyond Newbie

Post by MediaFanGirl93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 pm

I hate Dragonball Super with a passion & I have no intentions of watching it. The design is horrible and the characters are unlikable.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Ripper 30 wrote:
Tian wrote:
Exactly, also that scream was similar to how Nozawa do with Gokū screams with that long "YAAAAAA!!"
Maybe it's just the bad audio quality that makes it sound wierd
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:19 pm

MediaFanGirl93 wrote:I hate Dragonball Super with a passion & I have no intentions of watching it. The design is horrible and the characters are unlikable.
How do you know you hate it without watching it? It took me a year to start watching Super because I thought everything sounded like stupid fan fiction. It's not a great series but it's still enjoyable for me at least.

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:43 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote:
Tian wrote:
Maybe it's just the bad audio quality that makes it sound wierd
No it's clearly supposed to sound very low Pitched just like how they have the oozaru roar and Bad Audio doesn't have anything to do with it, even in the recap of the same Episode they used similar filter.

MediaFanGirl93
Beyond Newbie

Post by MediaFanGirl93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:54 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
MediaFanGirl93 wrote:I hate Dragonball Super with a passion & I have no intentions of watching it. The design is horrible and the characters are unlikable.
How do you know you hate it without watching it? It took me a year to start watching Super because I thought everything sounded like stupid fan fiction. It's not a great series but it's still enjoyable for me at least.
I wasn't being honest. I watched a few episodes and I hated the show because a lot of characters' personality changed and it doesn't stick to the ending of the Buu arc.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 pm

MediaFanGirl93 wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:
I wasn't being honest. I watched a few episodes and I hated the show because a lot of characters' personality changed and it doesn't stick to the ending of the Buu arc.
If by end of Buu arc you mean the end of Z with Goku going off with Uub it hasn't contradicted it because it hasn't happened in the timeline yet.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Super contradicts nothing truly major in Buu or any of. DBZ in my opinion. That's not to say there aren't some contradictions.

Like Future Trunks hair suddenly being blue is definitely a contradiction but I don't think it's something that majorly affects the characters or storyline. Super still very much feels like the DBZ world and characters that I loved.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:33 am

Tian wrote:
If it was really Hori, I wonder how much he got paid to do it.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Taingo

Post by Taingo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 am

I don't know how popular or unpopular this opinion is here, but I REALLY enjoyed Faulconer's music, and to this day I'm not sure if I would've been as much of a fan of that series if it wasn't for Faulconer's soundtrack. Although I do appreciate the original score.

And the Buu saga isn't my favorite in the series, but I do think it's the most interesting. It's one of the few times in DBZ that the strongest guy wasn't the one who saved the day, and the debates people have about Gohan's SSJ form when he's fighting Janemba, Ultimate Gohan, who's the strongest between Kid Buu and Super Buu, to this day entertain me.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:05 am

8000 Saiyan wrote: If it was really Hori, I wonder how much he got paid to do it.
If he did that scream, it's probably less than 45,000¥ (it's what A rank seiyus are paid).

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:07 pm

The Pilaf arc was a high point in Dragon Ball and I wish it could have continued more similarly to that.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 am

floofychan333 wrote:The Pilaf arc was a high point in Dragon Ball and I wish it could have continued more similarly to that.
Agreed. I always liked Pilaf and his gang.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:46 pm

MediaFanGirl93 wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:
That's not really unpopular and though I don't hate Super, I would like to see your view on that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:00 am

Tian wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote: If it was really Hori, I wonder how much he got paid to do it.
If he did that scream, it's probably less than 45,000¥ (it's what A rank seiyus are paid).
Wow, that much?

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:04 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:Wow, that much?
It's 400 dollars.