Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by ABED » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 am

I do like the episodes on M2. The machine mutants being able to walk through metal and how that was used through the story was clever.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:58 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:Planet M2 is One of the best Seetings in the DB franchise
Yeah it was gorgeous. Those episodes were best part of Black Star saga.
I think Episode 1-6 was good 7-14 was boring&easily the worst part of GT and 15-22 was absolutely great Imo
GT Fighter

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:59 am

I'm not really fond of DBS episode 69 :yawn:

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:43 am

Tian wrote:I'm not really fond of DBS episode 69 :yawn:
I always thought this was a very divisive episode. It seems like people either hated it or they loved it. I personally didn't like it much at all either. Personally, I think it's because I just am not a huge fan of Dr. Slump. I skipped over the episodes in the original Dragonball where the universe shows up (though I did watch it through once) and I just couldn't get into it when I tried to track down the manga. Everyone told me that if I liked Dragonball that I'd love Dr. Slump but that could not be further from the truth for me.
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Oh that episode was horrible I totally agree. The gags weren't funny although it was cool to see Vegeta in a suit and trolling about how she was a gag character.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:23 am

PFM18 wrote:
Oh that episode was horrible I totally agree. The gags weren't funny although it was cool to see Vegeta in a suit and trolling about how she was a gag character.
Most of Super's "attempt" at comedy is horrible. :P
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Unpopular DB opinions
I hate the French fandom and more mostly now after todays Toyotaro last tweet.

I feel ashamed because of those uncultured swine who insult Toyotaro over the last DBS Chapter. :(

On behalf of the French DB Fan I apologize for my compatriot who are sour and full of hatred right now. :oops:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:08 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Most of Super's "attempt" at comedy is horrible. :P
While I do agree with that, I believe some of the slice of life were the best of part of this show, having some good humour as well.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:37 pm

I feel like Toyotaro hasn't made an arc that is overall superior to the anime
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 am

Super Saiyan 4 is a great form, but most characters who have it don't look that good in it.

Goku is the one who the form was made for, basically, and he looks the best but the only one who looks truly great other than him is Gogeta, who ignores most of everything that's established about the form and whoever designed him did it for him to look as good as possible without bothering with the form's "rules".

Vegeta in it looks like a doll. Don't know how to put it and his general GT design doesn't help, but he looks like an angry plushie.

Gohan is just bland. His hairstyle doesn't fit the form at all and his fur also seems to have the safest choice of color.

Broly outright doesn't look good. The form itself just doesn't lend itself to such buffness. Broly Dark looks cool, but that's because of all the added elements to it like the mask and the Dragon Ball on the chest, not to mention it's much more muted color palette that makes it look distinct.

I'll give props to whoever designed SSJ4 Bardock, since they didn't just slap a scar on Goku and call it a day, but made it more unique with different hair and fur color, but at the same time Goku's design is just so good that it makes Bardock pale in comparision. Still, the closest one to come to the top two.

We still need to get a better look at Vegetto, but while he doesn't look bad by any means, like say Gohan, it still looks like it could've used more wackiness. Gogeta takes the cake from him any day.

That's the reason I want Future Trunks and Gotenks to get the form the most in Heroes: Designers can put a spin on them to make them look as good and memorable as Goku and Gogeta. Trunks with a cool purple fur scheme and Gotenks with a cool Gogeta scheme with a side of Trunks.

So yeah, to sum it up: SSJ4 is great, but few look good in it.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:30 am

Draconic wrote:Super Saiyan 4 is a great form, but most characters who have it don't look that good in it.

Goku is the one who the form was made for, basically, and he looks the best but the only one who looks truly great other than him is Gogeta, who ignores most of everything that's established about the form and whoever designed him did it for him to look as good as possible without bothering with the form's "rules".

Vegeta in it looks like a doll. Don't know how to put it and his general GT design doesn't help, but he looks like an angry plushie.

Gohan is just bland. His hairstyle doesn't fit the form at all and his fur also seems to have the safest choice of color.

Broly outright doesn't look good. The form itself just doesn't lend itself to such buffness. Broly Dark looks cool, but that's because of all the added elements to it like the mask and the Dragon Ball on the chest, not to mention it's much more muted color palette that makes it look distinct.

I'll give props to whoever designed SSJ4 Bardock, since they didn't just slap a scar on Goku and call it a day, but made it more unique with different hair and fur color, but at the same time Goku's design is just so good that it makes Bardock pale in comparision. Still, the closest one to come to the top two.

We still need to get a better look at Vegetto, but while he doesn't look bad by any means, like say Gohan, it still looks like it could've used more wackiness. Gogeta takes the cake from him any day.

That's the reason I want Future Trunks and Gotenks to get the form the most in Heroes: Designers can put a spin on them to make them look as good and memorable as Goku and Gogeta. Trunks with a cool purple fur scheme and Gotenks with a cool Gogeta scheme with a side of Trunks.

So yeah, to sum it up: SSJ4 is great, but few look good in it.
It looks best on Goku but on the other hand SSJ2 only looks good and really different on Teen Gohan because it was designed for him as well.
SSJ4 never had any rules in GT. Gogeta just looked different and cool.
The problem with Gohan/Broly/Bardock is that DBH follow the same scheme for SSJ4. While in GT, everyone looked different with different pallete and unique changes to clothes (like Vegeta's gloves growing fingers), in Heroes they all just lose shirt and grow red fur on chest. SSJ4 lost its magic and unique design for everyone and became just another form with established rules.

Broly Dark looks good to me not because of mask and dragon ball but because of his dark fur.
Mira, while officialy not having SSJ4, has a form that is obviously based on it and could easily be his or another character's SSJ4 form.
They should at least give us female SSJ4.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 am

lol i actually think SSJ4 looks better on Vegeta than Goku
GT Fighter

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 am

GT_Goten10 wrote:lol i actually think SSJ4 looks better on Vegeta than Goku
SSJ4 Gogeta looks better than Goku and Vegeta IMO.
    I never liked the first opening in DBZ whether its Rock the Dragon or Head-Cha-La.

FreddleFrooby
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:31 am

Neither the DBS Manga or Anime are better or worse than the other to me. Both are as good as each other, but have more than a few flaws.

And no matter how great he was at the ToP, I still resent the fact that Freeza replaced Buu, especially after having two fights building him up. They can't do anything with him? Is he just a "lol he's sleeping" joke since the Beerus arc?
    Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
    Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

GT_Goten10
    Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:53 pm

SSJ2 Goku Vs Kid Buu is One of the best Fights in the franchise
    GT Fighter

Kurakaio

Post by Kurakaio » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:00 pm

I like the Buu arc the best.

I like the Saiyan arc the least. (out of Z)

Dbzk1999
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:43 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:SSJ2 Goku Vs Kid Buu is One of the best Fights in the franchise
    I don’t think this is that unpopular an opinion, least from what I’ve seen

FortuneSSJ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:56 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Unpopular DB opinions

I feel ashamed because of those uncultured swine who insult Toyotaro over the last DBS Chapter. :(

On behalf of the French DB Fan I apologize for my compatriot who are sour and full of hatred right now. :oops:
    I saw those tweets and I actually thought that Toyotaro had said something to the french fandom in a event or something they didn't like, since there was so many French tweets all of sudden. I think they are overreacting, even though the manga has been bad for some time. :lol:

Is this the video that made your compatriots snap? The guy seems to be popular.
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

CTAkuma
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:41 am

I don't like SS4, it doesn't fit with the line of "Super Saiyan" visually and looks quite ridiculous in my eyes

Bebi Hatchiyack
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:08 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
    Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Unpopular DB opinions

I saw those tweets and I actually thought that Toyotaro had said something to the french fandom in a event or something they didn't like, since there was so many French tweets all of sudden. I think they are overreacting, even though the manga has been bad for some time. :lol:

Is this the video that made your compatriots snap? The guy seems to be popular.
    No they snaped long before the ChefOtaku said anything, yes this guy is a lot popular in the FR Dragon Ball community if I were to give him a equivalent in the UK/US Dragon Ball Community I think he is like HailZeon but more a swearing HailZeon.
    Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu