Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Monna

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Monna » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:20 am

Super (anime version only) is better than all of DBZ and DB.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:46 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:Top 1 Reasons people hate GT Trunks:
-He is not Future Trunks clone

Indeed he isn't lol

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:52 am

Monna wrote:Super (anime version only) is better than all of DBZ and DB.
True Super is the best anime i have ever seen, highly complex intelligent plot, best animations ever, and so original enemies and transformations like never seen before great stuff.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:49 pm

nosferatu wrote:
True Super is the best anime i have ever seen, highly complex intelligent plot, best animations ever, and so original enemies and transformations like never seen before great stuff.
Sarcasm over 9000.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:17 pm

nosferatu wrote:
Yeah, some of the animation in Super is phenomenal and the Universal Survival Arc is the best animated arc of all of Dragon Ball.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:54 pm

yes he maybe innocent but as an adult he is wiser, more mature and can kill his opponents with a sane state of mind unlike the massacre he used to cause as a kid like in Red Ribbon Army arc or killing Mazoku clan members out of revenge, also as an adult he learned to make tough decisions like stopping Gohan from helping Piccolo against First Form Cell or saving Satan and Dende instead of his sons when kid boo is trying to destroy the planet.
You call that a massacre, but Goku had every reason to take down the RRA and go after the Mazoku. He may have been in a rage, but he wasn't out of his mind. I still don't see how he's bland as a youngster. He stands out in a crowd. He has a very distinct personality. And for all the supposedly mature decisions you listed, I can think of plenty of reckless ones he made during the same time period.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Not sure if unpopular, but I'm just as interested, if not more interested in Broly's normal super saiyan forms than his Legendary form. It sucks that his normal ones are pretty much undermined and ignored, considering that RSSJ and even SSJ look awesome. Those forms are just as important for Broly, just as much as LSSJ is for him. Hell, I like the way he looks in his base form as well.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

He's creepy, but calm, as well as royal. It hurts all the more now that his his new design looks generic, and focuses only on the berserker aspect of him.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:11 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:Top 1 Reasons people hate GT Trunks:
-He is not Future Trunks clone

Indeed he isn't lol
Oh god
GT Fighter

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Omniboy wrote:Not sure if unpopular, but I'm just as interested, if not more interested in Broly's normal super saiyan forms than his Legendary form. It sucks that his normal ones are pretty much undermined and ignored, considering that RSSJ and even SSJ look awesome. Those forms are just as important for Broly, just as much as LSSJ is for him. Hell, I like the way he looks in his base form as well.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

He's creepy, but calm, as well as royal. It hurts all the more now that his his new design looks generic, and focuses only on the berserker aspect of him.
Agreed. His base/SSJ forms are very underrated and i always started as base in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and then slowly transforming to SSJ and LSSJ to finish battle.
It's annoying as hell that his SSJ3 and SSJ4 forms in games are actually LSSJ3 and LSSJ4.

Broly SSJ4 should look like this:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:59 pm

DHM211 wrote:
nosferatu wrote:
Yeah, some of the animation in Super is phenomenal and the Universal Survival Arc is the best animated arc of all of Dragon Ball.
:crazy: its utter trash money printer it is not more.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:
nosferatu wrote:
Sarcasm over 9000.
:thumbup:

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:13 pm

nosferatu wrote:
I think super is the most entertaining show in the franchise in terms of action&Fights (no sarcasm)
GT Fighter

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm

nosferatu wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
nosferatu wrote: True Super is the best anime i have ever seen, highly complex intelligent plot, best animations ever, and so original enemies and transformations like never seen before great stuff.
Hmmm, I'd love to see any animation from Dragon Ball/Z/GT that comes close to episodes like 66,95,109/110,130, 131 - and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:38 pm

DHM211 wrote:
nosferatu wrote:
DHM211 wrote: Yeah, some of the animation in Super is phenomenal and the Universal Survival Arc is the best animated arc of all of Dragon Ball.
Hmmm, I'd love to see any animation from Dragon Ball/Z/GT that comes close to episodes like 66,95,109/110,130, 131 - and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
DBGT Episode 35.
GT Fighter

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
nosferatu wrote: :crazy: its utter trash money printer it is not more.
DBGT Episode 35.
That's the episode where Goku turns SSj4 right? While the art is phenomenal, it isn't anything special in terms of actual animation.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:50 pm

DHM211 wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:
DHM211 wrote: Hmmm, I'd love to see any animation from Dragon Ball/Z/GT that comes close to episodes like 66,95,109/110,130, 131 - and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
DBGT Episode 35.
That's the episode where Goku turns SSj4 right? While the art is phenomenal, it isn't anything special in terms of actual animation.
GT Fighter

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:24 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote: DBGT Episode 35.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 pm

DHM211 wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:
DHM211 wrote: That's the episode where Goku turns SSj4 right? While the art is phenomenal, it isn't anything special in terms of actual animation.
Wow looks amazing
GT Fighter

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Ehm really? Super is garbage i mean its not a secret is this kindegarden here? As dbz? gt? what the ...........

take age , budget and you are done no further explanation needed. unbelieveable.

even gt stomps it by far alone ssj4 design, baby, omega and the plot of the shadow dragons was actually really fitting the execution is out for debate.

super is simplyy making money out of it because "dragonball" everythhing is ripped off fan art and design not to mention how lazy, dark goku, blue hair, pink hair, silver hair i mean really? its objectively garbage. i know fanfics far better and at least made with love to the franchize not putting its legacy to shame which is already done.

but thats todays market the x version of everything just watch cinema mainly reboots of big names of the past sad generation.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:32 pm

DHM211 wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:
DHM211 wrote: That's the episode where Goku turns SSj4 right? While the art is phenomenal, it isn't anything special in terms of actual animation.
shiny flashy garbage . easy marketing.