Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Noah wrote:
ABED wrote:My best guess is that Kid Buu is more powerful than most of the forms because the magic and whatever is undiluted.
You mean like Kid Boo > Boo-han?

That would make SSJ3 Goku somewhat stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan or are you applying anime's logic?
That would make Goku much more powerful than SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Noah wrote:
ABED wrote:My best guess is that Kid Buu is more powerful than most of the forms because the magic and whatever is undiluted.
You mean like Kid Boo > Boo-han?

That would make SSJ3 Goku somewhat stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan or are you applying anime's logic?
I don't know what form is stronger than whom and at this point, I don't care that much.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:50 am

Kanassa wrote:He did want to try and convince Zeno to call it off, but then he was stopped by Whis. And so he does the only thing he can do now, protect his universe. And again, even if what you said was true, that isn't a sacrifice.
Goku had to be goaded to take responsibility which isn't a good indication that he cares on top of his general nonchalant attitude on the whole matter.
I'm starting to wonder, do you actually read my posts? Because I in no way implied that. I stated that Goku needs tragedy shoved in his face before it makes him emotional. Like most people really.
That's pretty much what you said. People don't really need to have shit shown to them in order to get a reaction.
Using your logic, they're the same concept. Lives put at risk because they want a good fight. Except, in the Zeno situation Goku didn't know he was putting lives at risk.
Umm.... no they are not. The Z-Warriors didn't listen to the idea of some bitch-ass who can't understand the ways of a warrior while with the tournament, Goku ignored authority and doesn't care about the consequences of his actions.
He's not a defensless old man. He's the psychotic lead scientist of the Red Ribbon Army WHO IS BUILDING DEATH MACHINES TO KILL MILLIONS (His main target being GOku). And again, they don't have to hurt him, kill him or anything. They simply have to destroy his research. That's it. There's no moral quandry here.

And also to stress. Who the fuck cares if going after Gero is cowardly or unheroic? The Z-Fighters don't care. THey just want to fight. And with anyone who's actually heroic, they wouldn't care, because lives are at stake. Millions of lives. You keep repeating this asinine line of how it's cowardly, but that means nothing in this situation. The only thing it serves is giving me hilarious images of police or fire fighters telling each other to do stupid shit in a high stakes situation because they're afraid they'll be called pussies.
The androids are the ones doing the damage not Gero and he hasn't even built them yet so he pretty much was a defenseless old man.

And Goku certainly cares... he's the one brought up the moral horizon in attacking Gero beforehand. Vegeta and Tien also didn't wanna take the "coward's way out" by going after Gero beforehand. Law enforcement usually don't go after criminals till they've committed the deed.
With the general personalities of the Z-Fighters, the head start really means little, because they most likely would of been close to that power when they faced the androids anyway. And again, that doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid risk to take if this wasn't for the sake of a good fight.
Wrong again. With no immediate threats to worry about, Piccolo and possibly Vegeta would've been the only ones doing any serious training during those 3 years. In fact, Trunks noticed Vegeta a lot stronger than he expected him to be implying he might be able to beat the androids from his timeline.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:25 pm

The androids are the ones doing the damage not Gero and he hasn't even built them yet so he pretty much was a defenseless old man.
He built them to take over the world and cause destruction and death. He's morally responsible. At best, Goku was grasping for a rationalization where there was none. Regardless, this isn't a superhero story, so it doesn't matter if they do the right thing, just as long as it's interesting.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30 pm

ABED wrote:
He built them to take over the world and cause destruction and death. He's morally responsible. At best, Goku was grasping for a rationalization where there was none. Regardless, this isn't a superhero story, so it doesn't matter if they do the right thing, just as long as it's interesting.
Furthermore, that's an imbecilic justification. It's like saying you're not to blame for launching nukes because you're not personally doing any damage.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:44 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote:
Furthermore, that's an imbecilic justification. It's like saying you're not to blame for launching nukes because you're not personally doing any damage.
To be fair, we only know that Gero wanted to kill Goku with his androids. If the androids started destroying recklessly on their own will (which in FT timeline they did), it's more ambiguous as to whether Gero is at fault.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:19 pm

LuckyCat wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote: He built them to take over the world and cause destruction and death. He's morally responsible. At best, Goku was grasping for a rationalization where there was none. Regardless, this isn't a superhero story, so it doesn't matter if they do the right thing, just as long as it's interesting.
To be fair, we only know that Gero wanted to kill Goku with his androids. If the androids started destroying recklessly on their own will (which in FT timeline they did), it's more ambiguous as to whether Gero is at fault.
He worked for the RRA and they weren't exactly paragons of morality.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:23 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:He worked for the RRA and they weren't exactly paragons of morality.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with this, it's just that people can reform. Goku has personally reformed a few villains in his time.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Noah wrote: Would you expect them to fall the same trick twice?
It wouldn't be impossible. In fact, if Kid Buu decided to just "liquify" his body as they are punching him, their arm and a good portion of their body would be automatically enveloped by Buu's body.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:37 pm

LuckyCat wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:He worked for the RRA and they weren't exactly paragons of morality.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with this, it's just that people can reform. Goku has personally reformed a few villains in his time.
And? So because they are capable of it, they should be given the benefit of the doubt even though someone has given Goku and his friends warning that he hasn't reformed?

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:46 pm

ABED wrote:
LuckyCat wrote:
And? So because they are capable of it, they should be given the benefit of the doubt even though someone has given Goku and his friends warning that he hasn't reformed?
Possibly, that's more of a decision based on personal beliefs and up for debate. The same warning Trunks gave came from a world where Goku wasn't around, so it's hard to say things will absolutely unfold the same way. Certainly, the androids themselves reformed because of the altered timeline.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 pm

LuckyCat wrote:
ABED wrote:
LuckyCat wrote: Oh, I'm not disagreeing with this, it's just that people can reform. Goku has personally reformed a few villains in his time.
Possibly, that's more of a decision based on personal beliefs and up for debate. The same warning Trunks gave came from a world where Goku wasn't around, so it's hard to say things will absolutely unfold the same way. Certainly, the androids themselves reformed because of the altered timeline.
Goku being around or not doesn't have any bearing on Dr. Gero building the Cyborgs.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:54 pm

ABED wrote:
LuckyCat wrote:
ABED wrote: And? So because they are capable of it, they should be given the benefit of the doubt even though someone has given Goku and his friends warning that he hasn't reformed?
Goku being around or not doesn't have any bearing on Dr. Gero building the Cyborgs.
He'd already started construction back in the Saiyan Arc, long before Trunks had the opportunity to change anything.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm

And who's to say what is moral or not in a world with multiple timelines and time travel? All I know is that if faced with similar circumstances, I would stop Gero if I had advanced warning. Granted, I am more interested in doing the right thing than having a fight.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm

ABED wrote:Goku being around or not doesn't have any bearing on Dr. Gero building the Cyborgs.
True, and up until the point Gero actually commands the Androids to commit crimes, Gero has a chance to change his mind and turn them into housekeepers. Some may not personally think it's worth the risk, but there is a humane aspect in Goku's decision to give Gero that chance.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 pm

LuckyCat wrote:
ABED wrote:Goku being around or not doesn't have any bearing on Dr. Gero building the Cyborgs.
True, and up until the point Gero actually commands the Androids to commit crimes, Gero has a chance to change his mind and turn them into housekeepers. Some may not personally think it's worth the risk, but there is a humane aspect in Goku's decision to give Gero that chance.
Humane to whom, to Gero or to his future victims?

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:02 pm

ABED wrote:Humane to whom, to Gero or to his future victims?
Humane to Gero, naturally. The existence of victims at all is uncertain up until a point.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 pm

LuckyCat wrote:
ABED wrote:Humane to whom, to Gero or to his future victims?
Humane to Gero, naturally. The existence of victims at all is uncertain up until a point.
Considering they have a kid who used a time machine which they can verify for themselves, I'd say they have no reason to not trust the intel. Even if they don't kill Gero, the right thing is to stop him. Also, he was a willing part of the Red Ribbon Army, so he's not a good guy.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:17 pm

ABED wrote:Considering they have time machine, I'd say they have no reason to not trust the intel. Even if they don't kill Gero, the right thing is to stop him. Also, he was a willing part of the Red Ribbon Army, so he's not a good guy.
In his own way, Goku does want to stop Gero. Just not until he's had a fight and proven that he's stronger than any threats Gero could throw at him.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm

LuckyCat wrote:
ABED wrote:Considering they have time machine, I'd say they have no reason to not trust the intel. Even if they don't kill Gero, the right thing is to stop him. Also, he was a willing part of the Red Ribbon Army, so he's not a good guy.
In his own way, Goku does want to stop Gero. Just not until he's had a fight and proven that he's stronger than any threats Gero could throw at him.
After the fact.