Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:20 pm

The only character I don't wanna see ever again after ToP ends...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:48 am

Tian wrote:The only character I don't wanna see ever again after ToP ends...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is not an unpopular opinion...

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:37 pm

hunduel wrote:
Tian wrote:The only character I don't wanna see ever again after ToP ends...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is not an unpopular opinion...
Indeed this is not an unpopular opinion because she is hated in this place,facebook,twitter and especially in Youtube.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Not sure how unpopular this opinion will be in the future, but Universe Survival arc is doing such a flawless job on handling Freeza's character that his comeback for the millionth time is actually when the character is on his best. And by that I mean, even better than he was in his own arc on Namek.

He's one of the best things in Universe Survival arc and arguably the most interesting character in Universe 7 team.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:52 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Not sure how unpopular this opinion will be in the future, but Universe Survival arc is doing such a flawless job on handling Freeza's character that his comeback for the millionth time is actually when the character is on his best. And by that I mean, even better than he was in his own arc on Namek.

He's one of the best things in Universe Survival arc and arguably the most interesting character in Universe 7 team.
I'm not exactly sure that this is an unpopular opinion

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Well if that's not the unpopular opinion, then mine might be, as I'm doing the 180 on that. I can't stand that Freeza is back yet again. It's fine in theory, I suppose, but I hate how his character is being handled. Actually, correction: I hate how everyone else is being handled. There's nothing wrong with Freeza per se, but I don't think that the Z Warriors should be so accepting of his involvement. I would really have preferred if things remained where Goku, Gohan, Kurilin, and Vegeta absolutely despised Freeza. Theoretically, they shouldn't even accept his help. But maybe that's just me.

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:56 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Well if that's not the unpopular opinion, then mine might be, as I'm doing the 180 on that. I can't stand that Freeza is back yet again. It's fine in theory, I suppose, but I hate how his character is being handled. Actually, correction: I hate how everyone else is being handled. There's nothing wrong with Freeza per se, but I don't think that the Z Warriors should be so accepting of his involvement. I would really have preferred if things remained where Goku, Gohan, Kurilin, and Vegeta absolutely despised Freeza. Theoretically, they shouldn't even accept his help. But maybe that's just me.
While I somewhat agree with that some of their reactions are not as radical as they should have been, but it is nothing new if we want to be completely honest.

Also, it is kind of refreshing to see a recurring villain that doesn't join the sides of the heroes. After their initial defeat, either they completely vanished or become (somewhat) good guys, well, aside from non-canon situations and movies.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:31 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Well if that's not the unpopular opinion, then mine might be, as I'm doing the 180 on that. I can't stand that Freeza is back yet again. It's fine in theory, I suppose, but I hate how his character is being handled. Actually, correction: I hate how everyone else is being handled. There's nothing wrong with Freeza per se, but I don't think that the Z Warriors should be so accepting of his involvement. I would really have preferred if things remained where Goku, Gohan, Kurilin, and Vegeta absolutely despised Freeza. Theoretically, they shouldn't even accept his help. But maybe that's just me.
Super haters would probably agree with you.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:35 pm

DSB wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Not sure how unpopular this opinion will be in the future, but Universe Survival arc is doing such a flawless job on handling Freeza's character that his comeback for the millionth time is actually when the character is on his best. And by that I mean, even better than he was in his own arc on Namek.

Here, I'll add an Uupopulare one:
Until Super, Frieza to me was one of the most forgettable villains in DragonBall. Yeah, as much as I don't like Resserection of F, I thought Frieza was actually good for once there.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:
DSB wrote:

Until Super, Frieza to me was one of the most forgettable villains in DragonBall. Yeah, as much as I don't like Resserection of F, I thought Frieza was actually good for once there.
*Updates Kanzenshuu shit list*
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: *Updates Kanzenshuu shit list*
...I wasn't on there already? That hurts the most. :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Well congratulations, you know share the same space alongside Super, Batman TAS, the MCU, that one guy with the Goku Black avatar and France.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:
DSB wrote:

How dare you say such a thing. :x

Just kidding, pal. You're free to believe that even if I don't agree with it. :thumbup:
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:44 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Well congratulations, you know share the same space alongside Super, Batman TAS, the MCU, that one guy with the Goku Black avatar and France.
The Animated Series is on the shit list? Now you're on my shit list! :D

Kanassa wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

EXPLAIN. NOW.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
What the hell?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:The Animated Series is on the shit list? Now you're on my shit list! :D
8000 Saiyan wrote:What the hell?
Lord Beerus wrote:EXPLAIN. NOW.
Reasson 1: *gestures towards the DCAU fan fuck brigade that actively detests any version of DC that's not copying at least 98% of all DCAU related things*
Reason 2: It spawned Batman's modern day fan fuck brigade that actively heralds Batman as the greatest DC hero for being human then actively burns an effigy every time a writer doesn't have him rofl stomp everyone from Supes Prime One Million to Zeno every issue.
Reason 3: For every Heart of Ice there's at least 5 entirely mediocre or forgettable episodes. The episodes that work well still work but that's like... an eighth or seventh of the entire thing?
Reason 4:Not to mention that TAS has a really annoying tendency of creating new versions of characters, not realize they have NO long term viability then proceed to keep bringing them back. Mister Freeze is a good example, yeah, sorry Arnold but my sympathy for you and your plight runs out after your first appearance, by the fifth episode you show up and act like a cunt, I'm rooting for your wife to be dumped in molten lava and not cured.
Reason 5: Batman becomes an insufferable douche bag and remains as such for the duration of the DCAU. If TAS Batman is a guy you can have an actual human conversation with, Season 5 and onwards DCAU Batman is the guy you'll kick in the nuts and let Joker have his way with. This also popularized the "Batman's a massive asshole" interpretation that helped spawn the shit Bat fandom of the present day and inspires quite a few writers of the comics to copy it. Oh joy.
Reason 5.5: Paul Dini, the guy who thinks Batman should never change and wrote the asshole interpretation I mentioned before hand.
Reason 6: Have I mentioned I laothe the Bat and DCAU fandom this spawned? Cause I do, a lot. Some will say it's not fair to dislike a product for the shrill morons its spawn and you might be right, but I dare you to have a conversation with the people in question and tell me I'm wrong.
Reason 6.5: Nobody but Hamill or Conroy can voice Batman, despite the fact the former is rapidly losing steam and the latter hasn't had a good performance since before Obama had his first administration.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:The Animated Series is on the shit list? Now you're on my shit list! :D
8000 Saiyan wrote:What the hell?
Lord Beerus wrote:EXPLAIN. NOW.
Reasson 1: *gestures towards the DCAU fan fuck brigade that actively detests any version of DC that's not copying at least 98% of all DCAU related things*
Reason 2: It spawned Batman's modern day fan fuck brigade that actively heralds Batman as the greatest DC hero for being human then actively burns an effigy every time a writer doesn't have him rofl stomp everyone from Supes Prime One Million to Zeno every issue.
Reason 3: For every Heart of Ice there's at least 5 entirely mediocre or forgettable episodes. The episodes that work well still work but that's like... an eighth or seventh of the entire thing?
Reason 4:Not to mention that TAS has a really annoying tendency of creating new versions of characters, not realize they have NO long term viability then proceed to keep bringing them back. Mister Freeze is a good example, yeah, sorry Arnold but my sympathy for you and your plight runs out after your first appearance, by the fifth episode you show up and act like a cunt, I'm rooting for your wife to be dumped in molten lava and not cured.
Reason 5: Batman becomes an insufferable douche bag and remains as such for the duration of the DCAU. If TAS Batman is a guy you can have an actual human conversation with, Season 5 and onwards DCAU Batman is the guy you'll kick in the nuts and let Joker have his way with. This also popularized the "Batman's a massive asshole" interpretation that helped spawn the shit Bat fandom of the present day and inspires quite a few writers of the comics to copy it. Oh joy.
Reason 5.5: Paul Dini, the guy who thinks Batman should never change and wrote the asshole interpretation I mentioned before hand.
Reason 6: Have I mentioned I laothe the Bat and DCAU fandom this spawned? Cause I do, a lot. Some will say it's not fair to dislike a product for the shrill morons its spawn and you might be right, but I dare you to have a conversation with the people in question and tell me I'm wrong.
Reason 6.5: Nobody but Hamill or Conroy can voice Batman, despite the fact the former is rapidly losing steam and the latter hasn't had a good performance since before Obama had his first administration.
Damn, you must loath Dragon Ball as whole.

Kanassa wrote:

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:14 pm

The Spectacular Spider-Man fandom is just as bad as the Batman TAS fandom. They'll hate you for not thinking the show is a flawless masterpiece.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:18 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:The Spectacular Spider-Man fandom is just as bad as the Batman TAS fandom. They'll hate you for not thinking the show is a flawless masterpiece.
I love Spectacular Spider-Man, but I laugh at calling it a Masterpiece. Thankfully, I've never seen the fandom interact with detractors.

Kanassa wrote: