Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:42 pm

I want Mangastream's "Zeno from the hood!" to show up in the dub of the anime.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:...and Majin Buu came from nowhere.
Like Beerus and all that Gods, God Ki concept didn't came from nowhere, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:39 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I want Mangastream's "Zeno from the hood!" to show up in the dub of the anime.
That would be hilarious. :lol:
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I want Mangastream's "Zeno from the hood!" to show up in the dub of the anime.
Fuck the multiverse coming straight from outer space
All the mortals got it bad cause of one from the Saiyan race
And not the good Saiyan so you may think
I have the authority to kill a minorities

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Noah wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:...and Majin Buu came from nowhere.
Like Beerus and all that Gods, God Ki concept didn't came from nowhere, right?
If you gonna start a new series, it's okay to introduce new concepts and work with that. :wink:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:26 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:If you gonna start a new series, it's okay to introduce new concepts and work with that. :wink:
Not exactly a new series as those concepts were introduced first in a DBZ movie, but tell me how that's not the case with Kaioshin and Majin Boo too?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Noah wrote: Not exactly a new series as those concepts were introduced first in a DBZ movie, but tell me how that's not the case with Kaioshin and Majin Boo too?
Because we never heard about Kaioshin and Majin Boo before and they appear in the last major arc of a long running manga.
Introduce new stuff in Movies it's what Shonen Movies do all the time. Super started with the retellings and went from there, but every arc has plot points that lead to the next arc, thus it has a better a plot structure than DBZ.

While Cell arc and Majin Buu arc come from a long running manga, belong to the same anime, and yet they don't connect to the previous arcs.

Since when Time Travel was a possibility?
Gero was gathering data of Goku and the others, since when? Because we never saw the device they used, until it appeared during Piccolo vs Cell fight. Convenient, eh?!
There's a God above Kaio that wants to take down Babidi and eliminate Buu?! That's great, why he didn't bother to stop Freeza? He was dangerous too.

Toriyama introduced new concepts from nowhere and we had to accept them.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Nazo Unleashed is the best DBZ fan animation series.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:58 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Nazo Unleashed is the best DBZ fan animation series.
Thank God, I'm not the only one who thinks that. Seriously, from a fan animation done by a teenager in his spare time, it's damn well done.

For the record, the same guy who made that fan animation, is doing a direct sequel called The Wrath of Nazo set for a 2019 release.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Thank God, I'm not the only one who thinks that. Seriously, from a fan animation done by a teenager in his spare time, it's damn well done.

For the record, the same guy who made that fan animation, is doing a direct sequel called The Wrath of Nazo set for a 2019 release.
IKR! Maybe its my nostalgia for it talking but it remains a damn fine emulation of the kind of action the Z portion is known for. Needless to say, I was freaking hyped when I saw a sequel was being made.... Until the 2019 release date :P

Seriously, what the actual fuck is this trend with people announcing things a whole epoch before they're gonna come out?!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

IKR! Maybe its my nostalgia for it talking but it remains a damn fine emulation of the kind of action the Z portion is known for. Needless to say, I was freaking hyped when I saw a sequel was being made.... Until the 2019 release date :P

Seriously, what the actual fuck is this trend with people announcing things a whole epoch before they're gonna come out?!
The good thing about that release date is that he's taking his time. I'm sure the end result will be great for it. Much better option than him just rushing it out to meet the fans demand.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The good thing about that release date is that he's taking his time. I'm sure the end result will be great for it. Much better option than him just rushing it out to meet the fans demand.
This is true, all of the animation he's shown off so far for it is borderline professional looking. I just hope Sega and/or Sonic Team don't hit him with a copyright strike and kill this whole project before it can get done.

Unlikely since Sega hired rom hackers to make Sonic Mania and to port over Sonic CD to phones but you never know with this stuff.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Dragon Ball Absalon is an OK fan animated show.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Agreed 8000%. Even if it doesn't directly use the characters in the actual franchise, it still manages to be better than any other animation I've seen with Goku, Vegeta, or anybody else from the series.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:30 pm

I actually think Rock music and DB from Z onwards do go well together... :shifty:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:31 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I actually think Rock music and DB from Z onwards do go well together... :shifty:
I was just about to say this :P

Once again, Nazo Unleashed used classic DBZ action with rock music to great effect!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Yes, as music videos, but I don't think rock music works as score.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:36 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I actually think Rock music and DB from Z onwards do go well together... :shifty:
I was just about to say this :P

Once again, Nazo Unleashed used classic DBZ action with rock music to great effect!
Like I can't imagine watching the Broly movie without 10's from Panthera playing when Broly transforms!

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:40 pm

I loved Nazo Unleashed when it was sitll coming out on newgrounds! I remember how excited I was when part 3 finally came out. My brother and I stopped everything we were doing to watch it.

I had no idea there was a sequel coming out. That's great! Judging from the trailer, the dude making it has still got it. Can't wait.
I like it to. I can't say for sure how much of it is nostalgia based for me, but I have a hard time hating it. Especially the movies.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
I loved Nazo Unleashed when it was sitll coming out on newgrounds! I remember how excited I was when part 3 finally came out. My brother and I stopped everything we were doing to watch it.

I had no idea there was a sequel coming out. That's great! Judging from the trailer, the dude making it has still got it. Can't wait.
Ah yes, the hype for part 3 was real. Reminds me of the good ol' days back when I was young and optimistic instead of the jaded bastard you all have to suffer through now :P