Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:35 pm

nosferatu wrote:Ehm really? Super is garbage i mean its not a secret is this kindegarden here? As dbz? gt? what the ...........

take age , budget and you are done no further explanation needed. unbelieveable.

even gt stomps it by far alone ssj4 design, baby, omega and the plot of the shadow dragons was actually really fitting the execution is out for debate.

super is simplyy making money out of it because "dragonball" everythhing is ripped off fan art and design not to mention how lazy, dark goku, blue hair, pink hair, silver hair i mean really? its objectively garbage. i know fanfics far better and at least made with love to the franchize not putting its legacy to shame which is already done.

but thats todays market the x version of everything just watch cinema mainly reboots of big names of the past sad generation.
Bro everyone rate things differently
GT Fighter

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 pm

nosferatu wrote:Ehm really? Super is garbage i mean its not a secret is this kindegarden here? As dbz? gt? what the ...........

take age , budget and you are done no further explanation needed. unbelieveable.

even gt stomps it by far alone ssj4 design, baby, omega and the plot of the shadow dragons was actually really fitting the execution is out for debate.

super is simplyy making money out of it because "dragonball" everythhing is ripped off fan art and design not to mention how lazy, dark goku, blue hair, pink hair, silver hair i mean really? its objectively garbage. i know fanfics far better and at least made with love to the franchize not putting its legacy to shame which is already done.

but thats todays market the x version of everything just watch cinema mainly reboots of big names of the past sad generation.
Ok.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:49 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:
nosferatu wrote:
Monna wrote:Super (anime version only) is better than all of DBZ and DB.
True Super is the best anime i have ever seen, highly complex intelligent plot, best animations ever, and so original enemies and transformations like never seen before great stuff.
I think super is the most entertaining show in the franchise in terms of action&Fights (no sarcasm)
Generally speaking the fights are the best in the franchise. You have outliers, of courses, but generally the quality across Super's fights is the highest of the three series.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:36 am

It's not because a fight is technically better animated that it's a better fight lol
What makes some of the Z fights so superior is not only about the animation, but about the context, building up and tension lol
generally the quality across Super's fights is the highest of the three series.
I am not sure we can use the term "generally speaking" when it's only about the last two arcs, I would agree with you if a majority of episodes were at the level of the few very outstanding ones Super produced but that's not the case lol

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:05 am

GT_Goten10 wrote:

Bro everyone rate things differently
I'm not your bro and obviously it is subjective. But all i said is true it happened to star wars, star trek, spiderman the list is endless by now. the fact that akira has almost nothing to do with super shows it too. not that he ever cared for DB. Probbably everyone in here knows more bout DB then him. the fans made it serious not him. it started as comedy. the fact guys argued about that powerlevel nonsense for i cant even relate to the reason i mean after all its just cartoon. bu they always asked him so he said somethin which not even made sense just that ppl shut up. i mean from saiyajin to end namek its a joke :lolno: to 150 million :lolno: from 1000. As i said dont analyze it its garbage to the core. ssj3 :lolno: even back then ppl already said ok not its ridiculous. :wave: that doesnt mean we cant enjoy it but what even in z was laughable, i mean super cant be serious its like an april joke that lasts 4 ever. but its nott my franchize i dont care for the reputation its just sad and thats my subjective weak feeling since its only bad cartoon.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:06 am

nosferatu wrote:
shiny flashy garbage . easy marketing.
I demand more of this "flashy garbage" lol

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:08 am

You will get it dont worry it will get milked to death as usual. :)

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:09 am

I am not sure if this is unpopular opinion or not but i am very much looking forward to the new Broly movie lol

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:17 am

Another fan service akira didt even knew who broly is, but toei said hes a fav. so lets make a movie easy cash. i respect toei for their business sense.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:20 pm

nosferatu wrote:akira didt even knew who broly is
source please lol

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:35 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:source please lol
Akira Toriyama asking who is Broly is a well known line.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Hahahahahahah
GT Fighter

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:58 pm

I meant very recently but well.... :lolno:

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:59 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
nosferatu wrote:akira didt even knew who broly is
source please lol
why do you need a lol in every sentence? insecure?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Toriyama sounds like typical canon fanboy, at least before Super was made.

"SSJ4? I don't remember it in manga"
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:16 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:I am not sure we can use the term "generally speaking" when it's only about the last two arcs, I would agree with you if a majority of episodes were at the level of the few very outstanding ones Super produced but that's not the case lol
I mean, while certainly the best fights of Super take place in the last two arcs, there are several good fights in the first 3 arcs. Also, I am not saying this strictly from an animation perspective.

Beerus vs Goku
Cabba vs Vegeta
Hit vs Goku

Are 3 fights that I thought were really good.
PsionicWarrior wrote:I am not sure if this is unpopular opinion or not but i am very much looking forward to the new Broly movie lol
I don't think this is unpopular at all. When I first heard about it I was infuriated and thought it would be awful until I saw Toriyama's interview about how he was going to improve the character and make him more interesting.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:35 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Toriyama sounds like typical canon fanboy, at least before Super was made.

"SSJ4? I don't remember it in manga"
He doesnt care for db to be that :lolno: can someone explain me that canon nonsense i see on every youtube video? why do people fight about drawings :?: i dont get it maybe I'm to old. why should i care what the creator says in this case "creator" . hes awful.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Thanks lol
Oh well, good ol' Tori I still luv you lol
nosferatu wrote:Another fan service akira didt even knew who broly is, but toei said hes a fav. so lets make a movie easy cash. i respect toei for their business sense.
ofc they go for a popular character, I don't mind fanservice if it's well made, and judging from the teaser I find hard not to be hyped because all seems to deliver : it's a new Broly, the art is reminiscent to the pre-Super era, Saiyajin lore, all in all very promising so I do not get the negative attitude from this lol
PFM18 wrote: I mean, while certainly the best fights of Super take place in the last two arcs, there are several good fights in the first 3 arcs. Also, I am not saying this strictly from an animation perspective.

Beerus vs Goku
Cabba vs Vegeta
Hit vs Goku

I agree those are really good fights but it still is too few and I find it an exaggeration to say Super's fights "in general" are that good lol

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:35 pm

While I find it mildly interesting to see how Toriyama will try to improve Broly, I wish they wouldn't take another bite at that apple. If you try something and it doesn't work, learn and move on. It's like The Dark Phoenix. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Don't keep trying the same story until you get it right.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:43 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Thanks lol
Oh well, good ol' Tori I still luv you lol
nosferatu wrote:Another fan service akira didt even knew who broly is, but toei said hes a fav. so lets make a movie easy cash. i respect toei for their business sense.
ofc they go for a popular character, I don't mind fanservice if it's well made, and judging from the teaser I find hard not to be hyped because all seems to deliver : it's a new Broly, the art is reminiscent to the pre-Super era, Saiyajin lore, all in all very promising so I do not get the negative attitude from this lol
PFM18 wrote: I mean, while certainly the best fights of Super take place in the last two arcs, there are several good fights in the first 3 arcs. Also, I am not saying this strictly from an animation perspective.

Beerus vs Goku
Cabba vs Vegeta
Hit vs Goku

I agree those are really good fights but it still is too few and I find it an exaggeration to say Super's fights "in general" are that good lol
Okay again

why do you need a lol in every sentence? insecure?