Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Ripper 30 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:44 am

ABED wrote:You guys seem to be talking about the location as opposed to the story. The RRA arc did give more variety (including the amusement park in the filler episode) of locals, but the adventure of looking for the DB's was exciting in the Freeza arc.

It was more like Dark Adventure and they kind of got Trapped there and were dependent on Goku to save them.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 am

Ripper 30 wrote:
ABED wrote:You guys seem to be talking about the location as opposed to the story. The RRA arc did give more variety (including the amusement park in the filler episode) of locals, but the adventure of looking for the DB's was exciting in the Freeza arc.

It was more like Dark Adventure and they kind of got Trapped there and were dependent on Goku to save them.
Yes, they did need Goku to save their lives, but the search for the DB's allows for great usage of the cast no matter their power levels.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:22 pm

No doubt that Freeza arc plot was way more exciting than the RR arc, but Planet Namek could be less bland IMO
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:17 am

Goku using Hakai was the best thing to come out of both adaptations of Super for me. It was very reminiscent of him using Kamehameha for the first time after watching Roshi use it. Even though Goku having actually seen Beerus preform the Hakai wasn't shown in the manga, I still thought it was cool (I'm sure a small panel of Beerus casually showing off the move in front of Goku will be in the next volume). Toyotaro keeping Goku's trait of mimicking a technique after having only seen it once was a nice touch, despite his Hakai being incredibly half assed in comparison to Beerus'.

I could care less if some call it an absurd "asspull." Among everything else, I liked it for the fact that it was absurd.

Also, Caulifla is the best thing to come out of Dragon Ball in a long time, period.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:04 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:Goku using Hakai was the best thing to come out of both adaptations of Super for me.
That was in the anime as well ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:05 am

sintzu wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:Goku using Hakai was the best thing to come out of both adaptations of Super for me.
That was in the anime as well ?
No. Out of the anime and manga, that moment was the best.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:45 am

Frost is awesome, his color combination and design are so damn good his personality dosen't even matter..

Although I would like for freeza's final form to be his design instead of solid gold, that freeza personality together with this design would be touching extremes
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Toppo has a really cool design and personality. I really like the dynamic between him and Goku before Jiren is even factored in to the equation.
Seems like an unpopular opinion to me because outside this website I've noticed a lot of hate for Toppo. People don't like the way he looks.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Asura wrote:Toppo has a really cool design and personality. I really like the dynamic between him and Goku before Jiren is even factored in to the equation.
Seems like an unpopular opinion to me because outside this website I've noticed a lot of hate for Toppo. People don't like the way he looks.
I love Toppo! He is The Lorax and he speaks for JUSTICE! :thumbup:

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:56 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Asura wrote:Toppo has a really cool design and personality. I really like the dynamic between him and Goku before Jiren is even factored in to the equation.
I love Toppo! He is The Lorax and he speaks for JUSTICE! :thumbup:

Justice Dab!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC54hwxfRqY
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:15 pm

Asura wrote:outside this website I've noticed a lot of hate for Toppo. People don't like the way he looks.
Yup, I can confirm that. People also seem to treat it as a fact that Toppo is definitely weaker than Kaio-Ken SSB Goku despite him surviving SSB Goku's point blank Kamehameha and later being treated as Goku's equal by Beerus. Apparently, popularity is also a factor that decides how strong a character is, and vice-versa. :roll:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:13 am

I did see hate for Toppo when he was first introduced, but after him surviving the point blank Kamehameha he seems to be pretty okay for the fans
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 am

He has a moustache. A trustworthy moustache. A trustache. Case closed!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:50 am

It's an unpopular opinion right now (a lot of people were saying the previous one was better), but Haruka is probably gonna be the best ED song of Super by far. A super hype opening and a calm, soothing ending work the best for an action-oriented series like Dragon Ball Super, especially if there's a really good cliffhanger at the end of the episode. The combo worked for Parasyte, and it will work for Dragon Ball.

Calling it right now.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:11 pm

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I feel like it might be just by how many discussions there are regarding the topic... but I really like the Dragon Box colors. I know that they're not "the way they're supposed to be," but I really don't care about that. I feel like I'm watching the Dragon Boxes. When I first got them, I was a little disappointed that the skin wasn't more pink and the sky wasn't more green like I felt it was when I'd look at screenshots. I know it might sound bizarre, but I actually like that.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:43 pm

I don't like the look of SSJ3, not a fan of the long hair no eyebrows. SSJ2 was the most aesthetic.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:01 pm

ABED wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote:

Yes, they did need Goku to save their lives, but the search for the DB's allows for great usage of the cast no matter their power levels.
I agree with this people seem to only care about the latter half of the namek arc, but the 3 way hunt for dragonball's and scheming was pretty exciting to see even though it ultimately came down to strength. If anything as well it's very cool seeing Krillin actually being the de facto leader of the gang for a while.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:12 pm

I don't think it ultimately come down to strength in the hunt for the DB's on Namek. Gohan and Kuririn were able to get them back and get a few wishes under Vegeta's nose.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:18 pm

ABED wrote:I don't think it ultimately come down to strength in the hunt for the DB's on Namek. Gohan and Kuririn were able to get them back and get a few wishes under Vegeta's nose.
Yeah that is true, though the Ginyu force muscled them out of the dragonballs so the possession went to those with the strength. I loved the ballsy move of wishing whilst Vegeta napped.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:22 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:
ABED wrote:I don't think it ultimately come down to strength in the hunt for the DB's on Namek. Gohan and Kuririn were able to get them back and get a few wishes under Vegeta's nose.
Yeah that is true, though the Ginyu force muscled them out of the dragonballs so the possession went to those with the strength. I loved the ballsy move of wishing whilst Vegeta napped.
But that just means they came close. Who gets the wish doesn't come down to muscle. I also thought it was clever but a bit of a "duh!" that the wishes on the Namekian DB's had to be made in Namekian.