Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:47 pm

ABED wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote: Based on what? Goku as Super Saiyan 3 couldn't stop him.
So? Gotenks is much stronger than Goku.
Do we have confirmation of that? And even if he is stronger, do we know how much stronger? I don't think there's anything in the series that suggests Gotenks could curbstomp Kid Buu. Goku's been wrong before.
Based on SSJ3 Goku being a fodder to Gotenks...
Based on what?
Gotenks was able to fight Super Buu who could easily beat Goku.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:48 pm

ABED wrote:Based on what? It's also unclear if Mystic Gohan is stronger than Kid Buu.
Well, I thought it was a normal consensus here that Super Boo > Kid Boo and even Goku and Vegeta addressed that he became weaker, Gohan curmbstomped Super Boo he would for sure wreck his pure version.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:50 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: So? Gotenks is much stronger than Goku.
Do we have confirmation of that? And even if he is stronger, do we know how much stronger? I don't think there's anything in the series that suggests Gotenks could curbstomp Kid Buu. Goku's been wrong before.
Based on SSJ3 Goku being a fodder to Gotenks...
Based on what?
When did Goku fight Super Buu other than in his head?
Gohan curmbstomped Super Boo he would for sure wreck his pure version.
Pure, as in undiluted. Don't try to make sense of Buu's transformations. It's a fool's errand.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:53 pm

ABED wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote:Do we have confirmation of that? And even if he is stronger, do we know how much stronger? I don't think there's anything in the series that suggests Gotenks could curbstomp Kid Buu. Goku's been wrong before.

Based on what?
When did Goku fight Super Buu other than in his head?
He didn't, but he tells Vegeta that they stand no chance against him and he shouldn't have broken the Potara.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Fair enough, Gohan can win, but Gotenks couldn't.

If I recall, Goku and Vegeta said Buu's power decreased and then said it increased as he turned back into his pure form.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:09 pm

ABED wrote:Pure, as in undiluted. Don't try to make sense of Buu's transformations. It's a fool's errand.
Is not that hard some may take:

1. Boo-han
2. Boo-tenks
3. Boo-ccolo
4. Super Boo
5. Buff Boo
6. Fat Boo
7. Kid Boo
8. Grey Boo
9. Mr. Boo

What you all think? Kid Boo could probably be stronger than Fat Boo but I have my doubts
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Noah wrote:
ABED wrote:Pure, as in undiluted. Don't try to make sense of Buu's transformations. It's a fool's errand.

1. Boo-han
2. Boo-tenks
3. Boo-ccolo
4. Super Boo
5. Buff Boo
6. Fat Boo
7. Kid Boo
8. Grey Boo
9. Mr. Boo

What you all think? Kid Boo could probably be stronger than Fat Boo but I have my doubts
Kid Buu is much stronger than Fat Buu. Goku tells Vegeta he could have beaten Fat Buu if he wanted to whereas he couldn't beat Kid Buu.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Noah wrote:

1. Boo-han
2. Boo-tenks
3. Boo-ccolo
4. Super Boo
5. Buff Boo
6. Fat Boo
7. Kid Boo
8. Grey Boo
9. Mr. Boo

Okay then, how come Pure Buu + several Kaioshins = Fat Buu + Grey Buu = Super Buu - Fat Buu = Pure Buu?

Also, Kid Buu does beat the crap out of Fat Buu.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:19 pm

ABED wrote:
Noah wrote:

1. Boo-han
2. Boo-tenks
3. Boo-ccolo
4. Super Boo
5. Buff Boo
6. Fat Boo
7. Kid Boo
8. Grey Boo
9. Mr. Boo

Okay then, how come Pure Buu + several Kaioshins = Fat Buu + Grey Buu = Super Buu - Fat Buu = Pure Buu

He beats the crap out of Good Buu who is weaker than the original Fat Buu. He could do the same to the original Fat Buu as well, though.

And here's how that works.

Buu became Buff Buu when he absorbed Southern Kaioshin and Fat Buu when he absorbed the Dai Kaioshin.

He expelled the Gray Buu/Evil Buu who absorbs him and takes on a much more combat oriented form. The reason Super Buu is so strong is probably because he is able to fully take advantage of the power of everyone he absorbed unlike Fat Buu who lost it when he absorbed the Dai Kaioshin.

Then once the Good Buu is removed from Super Buu, he reverts to Buff Buu who then reverts to Pure Buu.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:21 pm

He beats the crap out of Good Buu who is weaker than the original Fat Buu. He could do the same to the original Fat Buu as well, though.
Where'd you get that?

I know what the story shows us, but those transformations don't make any sense. In Mr. Buu, there's still Kid Buu and the 2 Kaioshins?
Last edited by ABED on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm

ABED wrote:
Where'd you get that?
Buu was stated to have lost the majority of his power to the Evil Buu.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:26 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote:
Where'd you get that?
The transformations still don't make sense. Mr. Buu is still a combination of Pure Buu and the 2 Kaioshins, so there are two pure Buus?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:26 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Kid Buu is much stronger than Fat Buu. Goku tells Vegeta he could have beaten Fat Buu if he wanted to whereas he couldn't beat Kid Buu.
But there's the argument Fat Boo is Pure Boo plus some Kaioshin, how those absorptions made him weaker? And Goku said he could beat Fat Boo yes, when he had a non living body while using SSJ3, being alive he stated the strains are much tougher than he imagined thus making his task difficult against Kid Boo.
ABED wrote:Okay then, how come Pure Buu + several Kaioshins = Fat Buu + Grey Buu = Super Buu - Fat Buu = Pure Buu?
This is the confusing part as Super Boo - Mr. Boo should be = Grey Boo :think:

But we're debating power-wise
That was Mr. Boo, the Boo that lost his power after being splitted with Grey Boo.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:29 pm

You're debating powerwise. I'm pointing out that everything about the character doesn't really make sense. My best guess is that Kid Buu is more powerful than most of the forms because the magic and whatever is undiluted.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:30 pm

ABED wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote: Where'd you get that?
The transformations still don't make sense. Mr. Buu is still a combination of Pure Buu and the 2 Kaioshins, so there are two pure Buus?
I'm pretty sure he only has the Dai Kaioshin in him. Anyway, yeah, there are two. Buu spawned another one in the form of the Evil Buu when he became good. It's like Kami creating another Namekian by expelling the evil in him.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:34 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Buu was stated to have lost the majority of his power to the Evil Buu.
I'm pretty sure he only has the Dai Kaioshin in him. Anyway, yeah, there are two. Buu spawned another one in the form of the Evil Buu when he became good. It's like Kami creating another Namekian by expelling the evil in him.
The same rules don't apply to Namekians. If Kami or Piccolo died, the other one died with him. So while they were separate, they were also one being.

If Fat Buu expelled all the evil from himself, shouldn't that have created Kid Buu not Grey Buu?

Buu absorbed 2 Kaioshins.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:40 pm

ABED wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ABED wrote: The transformations still don't make sense. Mr. Buu is still a combination of Pure Buu and the 2 Kaioshins, so there are two pure Buus?
The same rules don't apply to Namekians. If Kami or Piccolo died, the other one died with him. So while they were separate, they were also one being.

If Fat Buu expelled all the evil from himself, shouldn't that have created Kid Buu not Grey Buu?

Buu absorbed 2 Kaioshins.
But the Good Buu only had the Dai Kaioshin in him, the Southern Kaioshin was in Super Buu. He turned buff before he turned into Pure Buu, and the buff form was the one he took on once he absorbed the Southern Kaioshin.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:56 pm

How do you know that? When Goku and Vegeta are taking the pods out of Super Buu, none of the Kaioshins are there. Assuming you are correct, that doesn't make any sense either. Why would the two Buus split the Kaioshins between them?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:58 pm

ABED wrote:How do you know that? When Goku and Vegeta are taking the pods out of Super Buu, none of the Kaioshins are there. Assuming you are correct, that doesn't make any sense either. Why would the two Buus split the Kaioshins between them?
When Evil Buu was created he probably took the Southern Kaioshin with him, and since he's the Buu that formed Super Buu, he would revert to the Buff form when all other influences are removed.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:00 pm

ABED wrote:My best guess is that Kid Buu is more powerful than most of the forms because the magic and whatever is undiluted.
You mean like Kid Boo > Boo-han?

That would make SSJ3 Goku somewhat stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan or are you applying anime's logic?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs