Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

King-K9
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by King-K9 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 am

I personally feel like Teamfourstar's content has kinda gone downhill recently.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue May 16, 2017 12:47 am

King-K9 wrote:I personally feel like Teamfourstar's content has kinda gone downhill recently.
I feel like DBZA was never that great. I mean, yeah I enjoyed it and I really like the gaming channel. A lot of jokes are hit or miss, and more often than not, I just end up getting a couple snickers rather then full on laughter. The production is fantastic for a fan project, and most of the people involved are pretty great VAs.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue May 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
King-K9 wrote:I personally feel like Teamfourstar's content has kinda gone downhill recently.
I feel like DBZA was never that great.
I think that's kinda unfair with their work, it's not like every episode has to be a full laugh-out-loud, it's like a comedy series that has episodes less funnier than others, It's quite normal. The first two seasons of their parody were the funniest thing I saw in the internet in a while, Season 3 had its moments but still not finished, so I can't judge properly.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:38 pm

This may sound really bad but I think DBZA is more and more dropping all pretense of being a parody. Its more like its becoming a retelling of DBZ except with the word "Parody!" added to make Youtube and Toei look like the bad guys when they take down TFS's videos.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue May 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:This may sound really bad but I think DBZA is more and more dropping all pretense of being a parody. Its more like its becoming a retelling of DBZ except with the word "Parody!" added to make Youtube and Toei look like the bad guys when they take down TFS's videos.
I don't agree with this, but I already thought in something similar, since their parody pretend to be somewhat serious and coherent sometimes it's not like YGOTAS format for sure, but I think it's that the way they feel better in doing humour
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:16 pm

They changed their comedy style a little when Cell was revealed onward and it just hasn't been the same since

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue May 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Noah wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
I feel like DBZA was never that great.
I think that's kinda unfair with their work, it's not like every episode has to be a full laugh-out-loud, it's like a comedy series that has episodes less funnier than others, It's quite normal. The first two seasons of their parody were the funniest thing I saw in the internet in a while, Season 3 had its moments but still not finished, so I can't judge properly.
Did you read past the first sentence ? Because I never said any of that. A show will almost always have a below average, or even bad episode, but I feel like most DBZA episodes are, just that, below average.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SmugStick
Patreon Supporter

Post by SmugStick » Tue May 16, 2017 8:52 pm

To be honest, I don't think the Cell saga is all that special. It's honestly one of the weakest part of the latter part of the series. I like the Buu saga the best out of the four sagas in the adult years, and the Red Ribbon saga is my favorite overall. In this community, it's suicide to say you don't like Cell.
My immortal Phoenix died of food poisoning

Missions complete:
All Of Kai
All DB on DVD
Current Missions:
Dragon Boxes (Funi)
GT season 1

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8udQV ... 4GFPrFEPzg
Twitter https://twitter.com/SmugStick

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 pm

SmugStick wrote:To be honest, I don't think the Cell saga is all that special. It's honestly one of the weakest part of the latter part of the series. I like the Buu saga the best out of the four sagas in the adult years, and the Red Ribbon saga is my favorite overall. In this community, it's suicide to say you don't like Cell.
I think you'll find that's a pretty common opinion nowadays. In fact, I can't even remember how many times it's been expressed in this very thread.
Retired.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:17 pm

To Smug Stick I say this.

Really? Really?REALLY!?

I'm sorry to say this but you clearly havent been around the Kanzenshuu community all that long my friend...unless you meant the general DBZ community in which case I apologize for the mistake.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SmugStick
Patreon Supporter

Post by SmugStick » Tue May 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:To Smug Stick I say this.

Really? Really?REALLY!?

I'm sorry to say this but you clearly havent been around the Kanzenshuu community all that long my friend...unless you meant the general DBZ community in which case I apologize for the mistake.
I meant the community as a whole, though you're right about me not being around here much. I've always tried but I'm intimidated, even if I do think I'm inpar with most people here as far as knowledge goes. I didn't know that was common, I assumed it was always seen as the best.
My immortal Phoenix died of food poisoning

Missions complete:
All Of Kai
All DB on DVD
Current Missions:
Dragon Boxes (Funi)
GT season 1

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8udQV ... 4GFPrFEPzg
Twitter https://twitter.com/SmugStick

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 pm

SmugStick wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:To Smug Stick I say this.

Really? Really?REALLY!?

I meant the community as a whole, though you're right about me not being around here much. I've always tried but I'm intimidated, even if I do think I'm inpar with most people here as far as knowledge goes. I didn't know that was common, I assumed it was always seen as the best.
Don't worry bout it, we're all just idiots fumbling to throw coherent dialogues together. Intimidation is the last thing you should feel here.
Retired.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:00 pm

I love this community and I feel its really friendly, sure the discussions can be a bit heated but we are all civil and nice when push comes to shove.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue May 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Out of all of the arcs in Early Dragon Ball the Red Ribbon army arc is the worst out of the lot. I'd dare say it gets painfully dull in certain moments.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Gog wrote:Out of all of the arcs in Early Dragon Ball the Red Ribbon army arc is the worst out of the lot. I'd dare say it gets painfully dull in certain moments.
In the anime, I'd definitely agree. I rarely get far past Muscle Tower. I always have fun reading it in the manga, though.
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Gog wrote:Out of all of the arcs in Early Dragon Ball the Red Ribbon army arc is the worst out of the lot. I'd dare say it gets painfully dull in certain moments.
In the anime, I'd definitely agree. I rarely get far past Muscle Tower. I always have fun reading it in the manga, though.
I'm referring to the manga. There are definitely good bits. Everything about Corporal Purple is perfect, General Blue is a great villain. But, the arc suffers from long periods of Kid Goku who's just an incredibly dull character.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 pm

^ Kid Goku by himself isn't anything special, neither is adult goku..
It's his dynamic with others which makes everything interesting..
Though I will have to agree on red ribbon being kinda boring, I didn't get through it the first time and only completed for the sole reason of saying that I did
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 17, 2017 3:46 pm

The franchise can live and retain its soul without Toriyama and Nozawa and I dare say be even better than it was in its prime.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:The franchise can live and retain its soul without Toriyama and Nozawa and I dare say be even better than it was in its prime.
Toriyama is probably one of the main problems with the series now so you're probably not wrong about it improving if he left.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:53 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:The franchise can live and retain its soul without Toriyama and Nozawa and I dare say be even better than it was in its prime.
Toriyama is probably one of the main problems with the series now so you're probably not wrong about it improving if he left.
I agree. But Toei and Toyotaro are pretty at fault too.