Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Bussani » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 am

Scarz wrote:It weird that everyone keeps saying Birusu is stopping Goku with one finger in that shot when he's clearly not even touching him. It looks more like he's about to and Goku stops just in time.
I know right? If you zoom in, it even looks like Goku might be smiling.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:40 am

Insertclevername wrote:How long would any of you reckon they mean by "several"? I say three years would fit nice, especially considering Goten & Trunks' appearance.
"Not a lot, but more than two." So yeah, three sounds like enough if we don't want to keep Trunks and Goten as midgets for too long.
Bussani wrote:I know right? If you zoom in, it even looks like Goku might be smiling.
I think it's practically the same thing, honestly. Goku looks like he's got one of those scared smiles on his face. Like he knew that if he kept going, he could have ended up dead, but the challenge that presents is exhilarating to him at the same time. So, if Goku recognizes the threat and is scared enough to stop just short of Birusu, even though the cat only had one finger raised, it speaks just as much about his power IMO, as it's not often that Goku takes such actions.

Of course, this is all just speculation still, because without the rest of the film, we could be misinterpreting the context of the screenshot.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 am

I'm happy it looks like Vegeta gets a chance to fight Birusu. Also super-curious about how blindly into battle the crew on Earth will be going and what they'll think happened to Goku. (Also does this mean Goku and Pilaf don't meet each other in the movie?) Birusu's powers have me so curious. I can't imagine it's just pure strength, it's gotta be something more.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:56 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Bussani wrote:I know right? If you zoom in, it even looks like Goku might be smiling.
I think it's practically the same thing, honestly. Goku looks like he's got one of those scared smiles on his face. Like he knew that if he kept going, he could have ended up dead, but the challenge that presents is exhilarating to him at the same time. So, if Goku recognizes the threat and is scared enough to stop just short of Birusu, even though the cat only one finger raised, it speaks just as much about his power IMO, as it's not often that Goku takes such actions.
Interesting theory, but I think there is enough of a difference, personally. I mean, we obviously know that Bils is stronger than Goku, and considering how calm Bils looks in the image, I'm sure that includes Super Saiyan 3 Goku. But people were saying things like: "He stopped Super Saiyan 3 with just his finger, so he must be hundreds of times stronger." What I'm seeing in this image isn't the same as that.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 am

Bussani wrote:Interesting theory, but I think there is enough of a difference, personally. I mean, we obviously know that Bils is stronger than Goku, and considering how calm Bils looks in the image, I'm sure that includes Super Saiyan 3 Goku. But people were saying things like: "He stopped Super Saiyan 3 with just his finger, so he must be hundreds of times stronger." What I'm seeing in this image isn't the same as that.
I will agree that the original description of the screenshot and the clearer version we are seeing now do give slightly different impressions, but like I said, without the rest of the scene at least, it's a bit hard to judge. We don't know what actually happened. It's possible Birusu did in fact stop Goku with his finger before this shot and what we're seeing is shortly after by the time both characters have relaxed a bit (Birusu retracting his finger and Goku having time to react to what just happened). We'll just have to wait and see if it's in an extended trailer, or if Julian will have to report back once the film is released.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:23 am

It's only one frame shot of the entrie sequence... It's possible that he pulled his finger back after touch Goku's forehead.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 am

Anything's possible at this point, including that Bils doesn't stop Goku with his finger. S'all I'm sayin'.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:26 am

Cast/Staff page has been added, anything new from that?
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:43 am

Scarz wrote:It weird that everyone keeps saying Birusu is stopping Goku with one finger in that shot when he's clearly not even touching him. It looks more like he's about to and Goku stops just in time.
It's not because he isn't touching him that he didn't stopped him. Goku stopped in front of Bils' finger, this indeed means that Bils' stopped Goku with one finger.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:33 am

Avenged wrote:Cast/Staff page has been added, anything new from that?
No.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:11 am

This is ridiculous, if Bills defeated Goku SSJ 3 with a finger, everyone is getting smashed with a single hit as well and as i predicted fusion will be the solution to solve this problem.

It is obvious, as i said previously, that we will have a rehash of A-17 vs Z- senshi unless Bills creates some minions to make things interesting.

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Titan wrote:This is ridiculous, if Bills defeated Goku SSJ 3 with a finger, everyone is getting smashed with a single hit as well and as i predicted fusion will be the solution to solve this problem.

It is obvious, as i said previously, that we will have a rehash of A-17 vs Z- senshi unless Bills creates some minions to make things interesting.
I'd like to think Toriyama will have been able to come up with a new unique way to get new power. We will just have to wait and see what it is.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm

The new Weekly JUMP is out. I wonder if there's any neat new info?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Virus looks kinda un-DragonBall to me if he's said to be the most powerful to ever exist in the entrie universe.
I see nothing wrong with that since it's something different and new for once. At least we are not getting another Saiyajin for once.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fogdark
Beyond Newbie

Post by fogdark » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:53 pm

"Birusu" reminds me more of a Dragon Ball character than a DBZ one, to be honest. And that's not a bad thing. I like that he looks quite different from all other villains from DBZ, it makes him stand out, in my opinion. So frankly, I don't have any problem with his appereance.
I can't wait for this movie! :P
Yes, Goku visited me once. He turned to me while I was still speechless, and said, "You've drank too much"...

My Teepublic Store
My Redbubble Store

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Well at the time I think Fat Buu was a new and strange looking villain, but it's probably safe to say there will be some sort of transformation, there usually is :P

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:11 pm

what does all this stuff say?

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2013_d ... index.html

1984? 1979? 1961? these things all predate my birth lol. is this akira toriyama's story?

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 pm

SSJ6Goku wrote:what does all this stuff say?

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2013_d ... index.html

1984? 1979? 1961? these things all predate my birth lol. is this akira toriyama's story?
You radomly picked them?!

1984: Dragon Ball debut
1979: scriptwritter's birthdate
1961: director's birthdate

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:15 pm

TheRed259 wrote:I though that Goku would have been pissed off ...

Is he smiling?
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme