Dragon Ball Themed Birthday Party?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Themed Birthday Party?

Post by soulnova » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:33 pm

<___<

Ok.

I'll be 28 years old.

>___>

Yes. I want a DB themed party with my closest friends!! >o<!!

I was trying to come up with stuff to do and food to make for the party. Sure, I can buy napkins, plastic ups and disposable Dragon Ball dish plates.

My friends suggested me the following:
Any other ideas?
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Themed Brithday Party?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:47 pm

A DB pinata and we will have to use OUR FISTS to break it. sounds awesome

Power pole is optional? lol

atm5508
Beyond Newbie

Post by atm5508 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Scavenger hunt! Whoever finds the most Dragon Balls wins a prize.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:A DB pinata and we will have to use OUR FISTS to break it. sounds awesome

Hahaha, this was brought up, but I believe using your fists is more awesome. Like killing a bear with your bare hands... yes. 9_9 ehem...

I don't think the scavenger hunt would work because the party would be at my house and it is small.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm

soulnova wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:A DB pinata and we will have to use OUR FISTS to break it. sounds awesome

Hahaha, this was brought up, but I believe using your fists is more awesome. Like killing a bear with your bare hands... yes. 9_9 ehem...

I don't think the scavenger hunt would work because the party would be at my house and it is small.
O____O ehem xD

Well, a scavenger hunt would be good. They get all 7 and your wish is granted (Present time xD)

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Will you be fishing out all the green jellybeans as Senzu or just all of them?

That sounds like a fun party! :D

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 pm

You will already have the Dragon balls as cupcakes so why not have the main round cake be the capsule corp logo or even a saiyan space pod? :lol: that's just me

DBZnut
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZnut » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Do dress up's, like maybe if there is 5 of you all go as the ginyu force

See who can eat the most food, whoever eats the most is the best saiyan among you.
Oh, hi there.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Don't forget a party bowl of the world's strongest coffee candy! Hmmm what else.... maybe counter act that unhealthy food with a Vegetable assortment with Radishes, Karrots, Broccoli Tomatoes xD

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Oh! Before the pinata breaks it must say "it's over 9000" before it explodes :?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Draw the Kame symbol on a rock and throw the stone as far as you can toward any nearby jungle. Your friends have to find the rock. Losers don't get to eat cake. Winner gets food poisoning.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:12 pm

soulnova wrote:A DB pinata and we will have to use OUR FISTS to break it.
It HAS to be in the form of Fat Buu.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Find a picture of Mr. Satan and a strap of leather. Then you can play "pin the tail on the jackass"! 8)
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:41 am

I think you should get the Hit Song Collections of DBZ and have the song "Happy Birthday" by Kuko (Waffle) or any party-related song play in the background, then it'll truly be Dragon Ball-themed. 8)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Thank you for your ideas!!
Beji wrote:Don't forget a party bowl of the world's strongest coffee candy! Hmmm what else.... maybe counter act that unhealthy food with a Vegetable assortment with Radishes, Karrots, Broccoli Tomatoes xD

Yes! I was actually thinking about this!! A salad with all those ingredients!! Delicious salad, yesss.... :lol:

Makaioshin wrote:Draw the Kame symbol on a rock and throw the stone as far as you can toward any nearby jungle. Your friends have to find the rock. Losers don't get to eat cake. Winner gets food poisoning.
Hahahaha, don't tempt me. There IS a Jungle patch a couple of blocks down my house.

A capsule corp logo cake might work too! xD
I was making a Bulma cosplay for the six year old daughter of my bestfriend and I guess she would be the only one to come fully dressed as a character (it was for a contest). On the other hand I do have a Capsule Corp t-shirt and some white boots!
OutlawTorn wrote:
soulnova wrote:A DB pinata and we will have to use OUR FISTS to break it.
It HAS to be in the form of Fat Buu.
:O That's a great idea!! If there's a Dragon Ball themed piñataI'm sure it would be only of Goku. I'll ask around if someone can make one of Buu... Maybe I can do one myself!! lol

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 pm

DBZnut wrote:Do dress up's, like maybe if there is 5 of you all go as the ginyu force

See who can eat the most food, whoever eats the most is the best saiyan among you.
I agree. I suggest a mass buffet for the party will do which my family organizes Filipino parties one after another and it's like eating at a Chinese restaurant in a similar fashion to what the Saiyans do. :lol: :shock: :mrgreen: A few examples are shown below:

Image (Note: this picture was snapped at my nephew's first birthday using a GI Joe-themed party last summer.)

Speaking of parties :idea: , might as well do mine for my 20th year. Don't even get caught on senzu beans when having fun! :!: :oops:

Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Super Gazellian
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Themed Birthday Party?

Post by Super Gazellian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:24 pm

'Frieza's Five Minute Frenzy!'

One person is selected to be Frieza.
The rest of the party are Goku and anyone else on Namek.
Start a stop clock and face it away so nobody can see its timer.

The aim of the game is for Frieza to stop the timer at 5 minutes (give or take a few seconds depending on how strict you wanna be :wink: ) with everyone else trying to distract him and throw off his sense of time.

If Frieza's too late the result will be that the good guys managed to escape before Namek's destruction. If Frieza's too early let's say the result is the explosion was too weak and didn't destroy Namek, meaning the good guys are safe :P

I just made this up so you might wanna tweak some of the rules or gameplay mechanics a bit :lol: Let me know if you like it! :)

SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SM-dood » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:50 pm

If there's invitation cards, it should totally have a parody of an episode title on it.

Soulnova's 28th Birthday! The Continuing Years of a Warrior.

...I dunno :P

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:08 am

SM-dood wrote:If there's invitation cards, it should totally have a parody of an episode title on it.

Soulnova's 28th Birthday! The Continuing Years of a Warrior.

...I dunno :P

Over the top title. Gotcha.

My boyfriend told me what if we made some kind of "tournament". He wants something phisical... Maybe a water balloon battle (ki blasts!?) Actually... i might be able to rent the DBZ Kinect game and hopefully we will do many silly things with it. XD

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:37 am

Update!

The party was a success!!

We had Dragon Ball music and even some of my friends came in cosplay!

She's the little girl that made that awesome drawing of Bulma I posted on the other thread.

Her mom and her boyfriend.

My cake and extra cupcakes! Ready to summon shenlong and get my wish!!

One of my friends made this... Be ready to get blown away....

:mrgreen: It was so cool we didn't want to break it. It wasn't as hard as we expected so we only punched it twice per person. xD Overall I couldn't wish for any better in my birthday!! i'm really happy!!